Wicked Clown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2014, 03:38 PM
RE: Wicked Clown
(29-08-2014 03:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 01:32 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I really don't see why this is still under discussion, because when he comes back and slips up again there's no doubt he'll probably be banned. The only benefit of still posting about this shit is upping your post count...

Facepalm

There's the problem - probably.

Would it be inappropriate to say "hopefully" on an Atheist site?

Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
29-08-2014, 03:39 PM
(29-08-2014 02:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 02:51 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  It's the exact same principle but in a different circumstance. You just don't wanna admit that.

Because it's not the same principle.

Quote:Oh, and no we don't. If the Admins decide to ban someone that's final. If aurora and DL decide they wanna ban me or you tomorrow then we're gone. No pleading our case, no appeal, gone.

Who says? You? Of course it can be undone.

Wasn't Ferdi once banned and is now a mod?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
(29-08-2014 03:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  3. He has harassed several members by PM (I know this only from what other members have said in their public posts) and in his own posts. I think that's poisoning the forum.
OK, I haven't been following this drama, I've managed to avoid him for the most part.
But if he has been harrassing people, then make a case and I'm sure the admins will deal with it appropriately.
(29-08-2014 03:38 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 03:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  There's the problem - probably.

Would it be inappropriate to say "hopefully" on an Atheist site?

Big Grin

It would be wrong to say "prayerfully".

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-08-2014, 03:41 PM
(29-08-2014 02:14 PM)kim Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 01:26 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I'm not a psychologist, but if I had to guess, I'd say Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Yea well, I know plenty of those and none of them are incarcerated Dodgy ... not yet, anyway.

Oh shit, come to think of it, I do have an acquaintance awaiting his court date in Sept. Stupid fucker... he leaves little doubt he'll fuck that up, too.

It's just so shit when they go off their prescribed meds and self medicate with the super fabulous street drugs. The already erratic behavior is enhanced beyond comprehension. They literally suck the life out of every virtual and living thing around them.

Consider
Anyone here been to jail lately? Kook house, maybe? Is there anything specific I shouldn't wear for visiting day? Where's HoC when ya need him, huh? Shy

Dress conservatively. Yes And no weapons concealed about your person. No

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-08-2014, 03:41 PM
(29-08-2014 03:39 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 03:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  3. He has harassed several members by PM (I know this only from what other members have said in their public posts) and in his own posts. I think that's poisoning the forum.
OK, I haven't been following this drama, I've managed to avoid him for the most part.
But if he has been harrassing people, then make a case and I'm sure the admins will deal with it appropriately.

Hence... thread.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
29-08-2014, 03:53 PM
(29-08-2014 02:35 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  So, to follow my analogy, you would be happy for the police to lock anyone up indefinitely because they just "know" the person was guilty? If not, why? Because you think there will be miscarriages of justice by any chance?

Obviously you ain't never been to PG County, Chachi.

(29-08-2014 03:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 03:03 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Then please, illustrate the differences in the principle (not the differences in the individual situations).

The principle is that you don't allow a guest in your house to shit on the floor. You throw him out and don't invite him back.

Not before I rub their nose in it and make them clean up the mess.

(29-08-2014 03:16 PM)morondog Wrote:  Do we have to care about this stuff? We're not a mental ward. We're a discussion forum.

Dafuq you say? Did they let me go on a walkabout and I got lost again? Dammit, HoC was supposed to be watching me. Where the fuck did he go?

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-08-2014, 03:56 PM
(29-08-2014 03:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 03:16 PM)morondog Wrote:  Do we have to care about this stuff? We're not a mental ward. We're a discussion forum.

Dafuq you say? Did they let me go on a walkabout and I got lost again? Dammit, HoC was supposed to be watching me. Where the fuck did he go?

Correction: we *are* a mental ward. Carry on...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
29-08-2014, 04:03 PM
(29-08-2014 03:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 02:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  Because it's not the same principle.

Who says? You? Of course it can be undone.

Wasn't Ferdi once banned and is now a mod?

Good point.

But I think that's why the admins try to avoid immediate bannings.

Off topic but:
I literally logged in one day and had no idea I was banned because there had been no forum uproar about any disturbances or questions before my banning.

This is why warnings are given.

I can understand allowing people to plead their case, explain themselves, change, etc. but when the forum is in a constant cycle of disruption and the problematic member is someone on WC's level, I think a banning would be appropriate at some point.

You can only walk the line for so long.
[+] 4 users Like Ferdinand's post
29-08-2014, 04:06 PM
I want to point out that a few people have mentioned that when he comes back it is his "second chance" and that once he's back he'll likely be banned quickly when he continues with his regular routine.

Unless something has changed in the mod team's mind neither of these claims are true. His temp-ban was not disciplinary action for his behavior of any kind that I'm aware of. He asked for the tem-ban, and his request was granted. As for being banned once he continues his regular behavior, he wasn't banned for it the first time, what would have changed?

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 6 users Like Smercury44's post