Wicked Clown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2014, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2014 05:27 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Wicked Clown
(29-08-2014 05:19 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Consider I wonder if we'll ever go a full month without discussing Ferdi's genitalia?

We should split the thread and move it to the Science forum 'cause it is a genuine medical curiosity.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-08-2014, 05:33 PM
I wish there was a site that collected information on forum trolls and made them public. Like you can look up sites that commit fraud and stay clear of them, or ones where you can look up who in your neighborhood is a child abuser so you can keep your kids away, and things of that nature.

It could have a function where you can type in a post or more and it goes and matches it to posts made repeatedly by known trolls. There could be categories, like for drive by trolls who make one post to start a discussion and never come back, or for benign trolls who just post a bunch of nonsense, for stalking trolls who pick their targets from forums, for malignant trolls who aim to cause a rift in the forum with the result of having a lot of people leave.

These people go from forum to forum and cause the same type disruption in each.

Some forums may tolerate some of the types of trolls, nobody should tolerate harmful people like stalkers and malignant trolls.

If we had all this info available, decisions would be easier because we would know something about the character of the troll. I this case, we know more than plenty. He has a long online history.

Now, free speech is a most important thing. All members should be able to speak freely.

The real problem arises when something becomes a "free speech versus protection of the membership" issue.

That is what this issue is. It's not about his lying or abrasive posts or flip flopping or contradicting himself or who does or doesn't like him, this is about whether he poses a danger to forum members and to what extent the forum should protect it's members.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
29-08-2014, 05:59 PM
(29-08-2014 05:33 PM)Dom Wrote:  I wish there was a site that collected information on forum trolls and made them public. Like you can look up sites that commit fraud and stay clear of them, or ones where you can look up who in your neighborhood is a child abuser so you can keep your kids away, and things of that nature.

Wiki Trolls.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-08-2014, 07:13 PM
(29-08-2014 05:33 PM)Dom Wrote:  I wish there was a site that collected information on forum trolls and made them public. Like you can look up sites that commit fraud and stay clear of them, or ones where you can look up who in your neighborhood is a child abuser so you can keep your kids away, and things of that nature.

It could have a function where you can type in a post or more and it goes and matches it to posts made repeatedly by known trolls. There could be categories, like for drive by trolls who make one post to start a discussion and never come back, or for benign trolls who just post a bunch of nonsense, for stalking trolls who pick their targets from forums, for malignant trolls who aim to cause a rift in the forum with the result of having a lot of people leave.

These people go from forum to forum and cause the same type disruption in each.

Some forums may tolerate some of the types of trolls, nobody should tolerate harmful people like stalkers and malignant trolls.

If we had all this info available, decisions would be easier because we would know something about the character of the troll. I this case, we know more than plenty. He has a long online history.

Now, free speech is a most important thing. All members should be able to speak freely.

The real problem arises when something becomes a "free speech versus protection of the membership" issue.

That is what this issue is. It's not about his lying or abrasive posts or flip flopping or contradicting himself or who does or doesn't like him, this is about whether he poses a danger to forum members and to what extent the forum should protect it's members.

There is one. I have a link here somewhere. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-08-2014, 07:47 PM
Damnit! I was enjoying that. Why did everyone have to calm down all of a sudden? Angry

(29-08-2014 01:20 PM)morondog Wrote:  ...
We all know that he's gonna get booted in the next two weeks anyway,

Do you wanna be the bookie?

10 internet points says it'll be within 4 days of his first post

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
29-08-2014, 07:49 PM
(29-08-2014 07:47 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Damnit! I was enjoying that. Why did everyone have to calm down all of a sudden? Angry

4 whole days...Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
29-08-2014, 07:54 PM
(29-08-2014 07:47 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Damnit! I was enjoying that. Why did everyone have to calm down all of a sudden? Angry

I'll give you 1/2 over, 3/2 under.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
29-08-2014, 07:58 PM
(29-08-2014 07:49 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

4 whole days...Weeping

I tried to google Troll Traps but this is all I got Sad
I found it funny, for some reason, though Shy

[Image: Problem_6c469f_2454778.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
29-08-2014, 08:05 PM

4 days??? He'll last much longer than that Dodgy

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
29-08-2014, 08:18 PM
(29-08-2014 08:05 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  

4 days??? He'll last much longer than that Dodgy

Well we gotta keep the circlejerk going no sense in actually fixing a problem til the last possible second. Obviously all the long time and valued forum members who have a major problem are just being silly, even though everyone who has had direct contact with this guy is in agreement. Nope we must by all means delay delay delay.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post