Wicked Clown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2014, 08:38 PM
RE: Wicked Clown
(29-08-2014 08:18 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  ...
Nope we must by all means delay delay delay.

So we have two opinions...

Procrastinators

Pro-castrators

Consider

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
29-08-2014, 08:42 PM
(29-08-2014 04:06 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I want to point out that a few people have mentioned that when he comes back it is his "second chance" and that once he's back he'll likely be banned quickly when he continues with his regular routine.

Unless something has changed in the mod team's mind neither of these claims are true. His temp-ban was not disciplinary action for his behavior of any kind that I'm aware of. He asked for the tem-ban, and his request was granted. As for being banned once he continues his regular behavior, he wasn't banned for it the first time, what would have changed?

The hope I had was that people may actually give him a fair chance to demonstrate improved behaviour on his return.

Given how this thread is going, somehow I don't see that happening. Undecided

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
29-08-2014, 08:47 PM
(29-08-2014 08:42 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 04:06 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I want to point out that a few people have mentioned that when he comes back it is his "second chance" and that once he's back he'll likely be banned quickly when he continues with his regular routine.

Unless something has changed in the mod team's mind neither of these claims are true. His temp-ban was not disciplinary action for his behavior of any kind that I'm aware of. He asked for the tem-ban, and his request was granted. As for being banned once he continues his regular behavior, he wasn't banned for it the first time, what would have changed?

The hope I had was that people may actually give him a fair chance to demonstrate improved behaviour on his return.

Given how this thread is going, somehow I don't see that happening. Undecided

Reputation is an important thing in life, your word is your bond. When one has a poor reputation one can either improve it (the long slow road of doing what is right) or confirm it. WC came here with a reputation in tatters, and ever since he showed up he has done nothing but confirm why he got that reputation. The reaction you see here is a direct result of that.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
29-08-2014, 08:49 PM
(29-08-2014 08:42 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  ...
The hope I had was

[Image: Cloud-Cuckoo-Land.jpg]

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
29-08-2014, 08:52 PM
(29-08-2014 08:47 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Reputation is an important thing in life, your word is your bond. When one has a poor reputation one can either improve it (the long slow road of doing what is right) or confirm it. WC came here with a reputation in tatters, and ever since he showed up he has done nothing but confirm why he got that reputation. The reaction you see here is a direct result of that.

Actually, his reputation was shot to shit before he arrived and he was never gonna be welcomed. I've had people point to an "awful" post he's made and straight up asked them if they would consider it awful if it was made to him as opposed to by him, and been told they wouldn't see it as wrong that way round.

Let's face it, he could turn up whenever he returns and talk about how he saved a bunch of children from a burning down orphanage, despite having two broken legs at the time, and everyone would get mad at him for it.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
29-08-2014, 08:54 PM
(29-08-2014 03:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  Well, it is not likely that both admins are going to go rogue. But if they do, the supermods have the power to oust them.

Erm, no we don't. At all. The Admins decisions are absolute and there is no appeals process, over-sight, or anyone to overrule them.

Believe me, I'm a SM and I have no power to remove either Admin.

Best
Worst
29-08-2014, 08:57 PM
(29-08-2014 08:52 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 08:47 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Reputation is an important thing in life, your word is your bond. When one has a poor reputation one can either improve it (the long slow road of doing what is right) or confirm it. WC came here with a reputation in tatters, and ever since he showed up he has done nothing but confirm why he got that reputation. The reaction you see here is a direct result of that.

Actually, his reputation was shot to shit before he arrived and he was never gonna be welcomed. I've had people point to an "awful" post he's made and straight up asked them if they would consider it awful if it was made to him as opposed to by him, and been told they wouldn't see it as wrong that way round.

Let's face it, he could turn up whenever he returns and talk about how he saved a bunch of children from a burning down orphanage, despite having two broken legs at the time, and everyone would get mad at him for it.

Except he didn't he posted lewd and hurtful things and then would edit them out to appear innocent. He would constantly attack anyone who he targeted and never once sincerely tried to fit in. Honestly no I was never going to like him but I hung back and watched, when I interacted with him it was professionally had he not acted out I would have remained silent. He made his bed.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
29-08-2014, 09:03 PM
(29-08-2014 08:57 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  ...
never once sincerely tried to fit in.

I admire your ability to ascertain sincerity in text. I've often found that to be a tricky one.

29-08-2014, 09:07 PM
(29-08-2014 09:03 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 08:57 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  ...
never once sincerely tried to fit in.

I admire your ability to ascertain sincerity in text. I've often found that to be a tricky one.

I am going by his posting pattern, either he is schizophrenic from one post to the next or insincere.

[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
29-08-2014, 09:09 PM
(29-08-2014 08:52 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  

Hughsie, I'm sorry, but I find this post extremely insulting. Is this the opinion you have of the forum members? That we are absolutely unable to consider a person objectively if they truly tried to reform behavior? That we lack the critical thinking and reasoning it takes to give someone a fair shot?

I can count at least six forum members that I truly did not like, that I thought were abrasive, disruptive, and not nice people to have around the forum. I had the capacity to watch posts and behavior, and change my opinion. I've changed negative reps to positive ones.

There is no excuse for his behavior. As Rev said, he has made his own bed.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 10 users Like Smercury44's post