Wicked Clown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2014, 09:14 PM
RE: Wicked Clown
(29-08-2014 08:52 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 08:47 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Reputation is an important thing in life, your word is your bond. When one has a poor reputation one can either improve it (the long slow road of doing what is right) or confirm it. WC came here with a reputation in tatters, and ever since he showed up he has done nothing but confirm why he got that reputation. The reaction you see here is a direct result of that.

Actually, his reputation was shot to shit before he arrived and he was never gonna be welcomed. I've had people point to an "awful" post he's made and straight up asked them if they would consider it awful if it was made to him as opposed to by him, and been told they wouldn't see it as wrong that way round.

Let's face it, he could turn up whenever he returns and talk about how he saved a bunch of children from a burning down orphanage, despite having two broken legs at the time, and everyone would get mad at him for it.

Except he started here as a creep. Day I saw his user name I got a bad vibe, I have not gotten this vibe from even batshit crazy creationist. He has even scared people away from this forum. He is nothing but scum. He are not attacking him because we are a bunch of bullies, we don't like him because of his behavior. He has broken the rules multiple times, not to mention the creepy shit he says. DLJ gave him a negative rep, smerc,gule and I think he is weird, girly man even had to discipline him. Dude is messed up. On AF he was a pest, and now he came here to try his bullshit. He is a waste of time, what is he going to do if you permaban him? Nothing

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
29-08-2014, 09:15 PM
(29-08-2014 08:57 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 08:52 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Actually, his reputation was shot to shit before he arrived and he was never gonna be welcomed. I've had people point to an "awful" post he's made and straight up asked them if they would consider it awful if it was made to him as opposed to by him, and been told they wouldn't see it as wrong that way round.

Let's face it, he could turn up whenever he returns and talk about how he saved a bunch of children from a burning down orphanage, despite having two broken legs at the time, and everyone would get mad at him for it.

Except he didn't he posted lewd and hurtful things and then would edit them out to appear innocent. He would constantly attack anyone who he targeted and never once sincerely tried to fit in. Honestly no I was never going to like him but I hung back and watched, when I interacted with him it was professionally had he not acted out I would have remained silent. He made his bed.

Editing posts? We went as far as to remove his edit ability without any warning to try and catch him in the act. People repeatedly said he was doing it yet no-one has yet managed a screenshot. Given that I never saw it for myself I can hardly judge him for it. As for attacking people, I only saw him doing it in response to people attacking him and, tbh, I'm not that sure I would have held off firing back for as long as he did.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
29-08-2014, 09:16 PM
(29-08-2014 09:09 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 08:52 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Actually, his reputation was shot to shit before he arrived and he was never gonna be welcomed. I've had people point to an "awful" post he's made and straight up asked them if they would consider it awful if it was made to him as opposed to by him, and been told they wouldn't see it as wrong that way round.

Hughsie, I'm sorry, but I find this post extremely insulting. Is this the opinion you have of the forum members? That we are absolutely unable to consider a person objectively if they truly tried to reform behavior? That we lack the critical thinking and reasoning it takes to give someone a fair shot?

I can count at least six forum members that I truly did not like, that I thought were abrasive, disruptive, and not nice people to have around the forum. I had the capacity to watch posts and behavior, and change my opinion. I've changed negative reps to positive ones.

There is no excuse for his behavior. As Rev said, he has made his own bed.

If he returns from his ban and acts like any other member then we will get proof, one way or another.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
29-08-2014, 09:19 PM
Ya know what, I shouldn't get involved in these threads. I'm out.

Best
Worst
29-08-2014, 09:31 PM
(29-08-2014 09:19 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Ya know what, I shouldn't get involved in these threads. I'm out.

You're right you shouldn't, you refuse to actually go look at the evidence and yet you call everyone else a hypocrite.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
29-08-2014, 09:37 PM
(29-08-2014 08:42 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 04:06 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I want to point out that a few people have mentioned that when he comes back it is his "second chance" and that once he's back he'll likely be banned quickly when he continues with his regular routine.

Unless something has changed in the mod team's mind neither of these claims are true. His temp-ban was not disciplinary action for his behavior of any kind that I'm aware of. He asked for the tem-ban, and his request was granted. As for being banned once he continues his regular behavior, he wasn't banned for it the first time, what would have changed?

The hope I had was that people may actually give him a fair chance to demonstrate improved behaviour on his return.

Given how this thread is going, somehow I don't see that happening. Undecided

Can you see yourself ever changing your neg rep of Res Republica to a positive one? I mean he's made other posts since that unfortunate Anti-Semitism one! Wink

29-08-2014, 09:47 PM
(29-08-2014 08:42 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 04:06 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I want to point out that a few people have mentioned that when he comes back it is his "second chance" and that once he's back he'll likely be banned quickly when he continues with his regular routine.

Unless something has changed in the mod team's mind neither of these claims are true. His temp-ban was not disciplinary action for his behavior of any kind that I'm aware of. He asked for the tem-ban, and his request was granted. As for being banned once he continues his regular behavior, he wasn't banned for it the first time, what would have changed?

The hope I had was that people may actually give him a fair chance to demonstrate improved behaviour on his return.

Remember that's it's incumbent upon him to prove that, not the community to accept it without reason to believe it to be the case.

Rev is right in that the community has zero reasons to trust this guy, regardless of whatever declaration he stated about his intent to "reform." This is far from the first time he's played this card and every time he has the results were predictable.

I'm not going to argue about the fact he was granted a chance nor will I criticize it, but I will argue that this community has every reason to treat his intentions as disingenuous, and HE is to blame for that, not them.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 6 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
29-08-2014, 09:54 PM
(29-08-2014 09:47 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 08:42 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  The hope I had was that people may actually give him a fair chance to demonstrate improved behaviour on his return.

Remember that's it's incumbent upon him to prove that, not the community to accept it without reason to believe it to be the case.

Rev is right in that the community has zero reasons to trust this guy, regardless of whatever declaration he stated about his intent to "reform." This is far from the first time he's played this card and every time he has the results were predictable.

I'm not going to argue about the fact he was granted a chance, but I will argue that this community has every reason to treat his intentions as disingenuous, and HE is to blame for that, not them.

None of this matters however, as it's been made very clear that his behavior is to be accepted on this forum. The fact that he has not yet been permanently banned tells me nothing will be done when he returns and continues with his regular behavior. He has gone from forum to forum knowing full well what reactions his behavior produces from fellow forum members.

You've mentioned before that his actions will determine his fate though. Has something changed? Will the forum team actually take action this time when he proves his nature (yet again) upon his return?

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
29-08-2014, 09:54 PM
(29-08-2014 09:47 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 08:42 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  The hope I had was that people may actually give him a fair chance to demonstrate improved behaviour on his return.

I'm not going to argue about the fact he was granted a chance nor will I criticize it, but I will argue that this community has every reason to treat his intentions as disingenuous, and HE is to blame for that, not them.

You know what they say; Rome wasn't built in a day.

It wasn't destroyed in a day, either.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
29-08-2014, 09:55 PM
(29-08-2014 09:54 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 09:47 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Remember that's it's incumbent upon him to prove that, not the community to accept it without reason to believe it to be the case.

I'm not going to argue about the fact he was granted a chance, but I will argue that this community has every reason to treat his intentions as disingenuous, and HE is to blame for that, not them.

None of this matters however, as it's been made very clear that his behavior is to be accepted on this forum. The fact that he has not yet been permanently banned tells me nothing will be done when he returns and continues with his regular behavior. He has gone from forum to forum knowing full well what reactions his behavior produces from fellow forum members.

You've mentioned before that his actions will determine his fate though. Has something changed? Will the forum team actually take action this time when he proves his nature (yet again) upon his return?

I think there's something to be said for the idea that his (genuine?) psychological issues suggest his behaviour is perhaps not wilfully malicious.

I also think that if so, it's not our fucking problem.

... this is my signature!
[+] 9 users Like cjlr's post