Wicked Clown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2014, 10:04 PM
RE: Wicked Clown
(29-08-2014 09:55 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 09:54 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  None of this matters however, as it's been made very clear that his behavior is to be accepted on this forum. The fact that he has not yet been permanently banned tells me nothing will be done when he returns and continues with his regular behavior. He has gone from forum to forum knowing full well what reactions his behavior produces from fellow forum members.

You've mentioned before that his actions will determine his fate though. Has something changed? Will the forum team actually take action this time when he proves his nature (yet again) upon his return?

I think there's something to be said for the idea that his (genuine?) psychological issues suggest his behaviour is perhaps not wilfully malicious.

I also think that if so, it's not our fucking problem.

I really do feel bad for him. People may not believe those words from me because I've been so vehemently against his being part of this community. My heart truly does break for him. I can't imagine living his life. He has severe mental problems, and likely doesn't have control over his actions. These mental issues make him destructive and manipulative. It can't be easy for him.

No matter how bad I feel for him however, I agree with you that it's not our problem, and just because he can't control his behavior, it doesn't mean we just let him poison our community. I can't just not say anything, and not point out his destructive behavior.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
29-08-2014, 10:56 PM
(29-08-2014 03:17 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 02:52 PM)cjlr Wrote:  That is in no way relevant to this thread's subject.
That's true, the effects of his religious history on him weren't something he seemed to talk about much. At least not that I saw.
OK, I've reviewed some threads of Wicked Clown's and some threads I've been participating in. I think I was confused and mistook WC for a theist I was talking too.
My bad!

(29-08-2014 03:21 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Indeed. Some members would say he's done both to various extents.

Hence the disagreement.
Yeah, I haven't been following enough.
I gone and reviewed a couple of WC's threads now, they didn't seem particularly combative or insulting of people or anything, just a little off.
But then again, I probably haven't found the threads where the problem is presenting itself.

(29-08-2014 03:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  It doesn't fucking matter what his upbringing was, what his personal problems are, or what his mental health diagnosis is.

He has disrupted the forum with insane threads and posts, scared off at least one valued member, used the PM system to harass. Rule 5 allows the admins to ban him.

And you can see that a great many members think that would be appropriate.
Hey, I retract my defense. I haven't been following this guy. I don't know what has been going on.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
29-08-2014, 11:05 PM
(29-08-2014 10:56 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 03:21 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Indeed. Some members would say he's done both to various extents.

Hence the disagreement.
Yeah, I haven't been following enough.
I gone and reviewed a couple of WC's threads now, they didn't seem particularly combative or insulting of people or anything, just a little off.
But then again, I probably haven't found the threads where the problem is presenting itself.

Two things might complicate that; much was confined to PMs, or else quickly edited out of posts.

... this is my signature!
29-08-2014, 11:29 PM
(29-08-2014 02:58 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  the con Chas' approach is that a select few people choose what constitutes an undesirable.

Because a select few dictating what goes on around here doesn't happen already?

I can point out a few examples if you like.

(29-08-2014 03:31 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Regardless, I don't think criticizing the admins is really necessary.

I disagree.
Aurora was a poor admin choice. She's a nice lady (when she's not talking shit about you behind your back) but she was never very active.
And Dark Light was a poor admin choice because his personal life situation has changed from the time he became a mod leaving him less active then what he used to be. (though this could change with his new position)

This leaves the forum "weak" because Aurora is never gonna step down because that would mean she'd have to log on, and Dark Light just got the position.

Hughsie and Deep are effectively the admins.
Which is disappointing for the forum considering they're literally the only two on the whole forum who don't want him banned.

(29-08-2014 03:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Wasn't Ferdi once banned and is now a mod?

WC is unlikely to sleep with the boss so different circumstances.

Opps, almost forgot the ":P"

(29-08-2014 03:39 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 03:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  3. He has harassed several members by PM (I know this only from what other members have said in their public posts) and in his own posts. I think that's poisoning the forum.
OK, I haven't been following this drama, I've managed to avoid him for the most part.
But if he has been harrassing people, then make a case and I'm sure the admins will deal with it appropriately.

Except they haven't dealt with it appropriately.
There in lays the rub.

Quote:Maybe we could ban that topic for two weeks and then see how it goes.

Well played.

Quote:The hope I had was that people may actually give him a fair chance to demonstrate improved behaviour on his return.

Given how this thread is going, somehow I don't see that happening. Undecided

I can't speak for anyone else, but I sure as shit aint gonna give him a second chance once he gets back. I'll likely just hurl insults at him in the hope that he'll bite so he gets banned sooner.

Quote:Hughsie, I'm sorry, but I find this post extremely insulting. Is this the opinion you have of the forum members? That we are absolutely unable to consider a person objectively if they truly tried to reform behavior? That we lack the critical thinking and reasoning it takes to give someone a fair shot?

I can count at least six forum members that I truly did not like, that I thought were abrasive, disruptive, and not nice people to have around the forum. I had the capacity to watch posts and behavior, and change my opinion. I've changed negative reps to positive ones.

There is no excuse for his behavior. As Rev said, he has made his own bed.

Preach it sister.

This 2 week thing is the Ato Red Celt re-banning situation all over again.
Stupid, pointless and a waste of fucking time and a complete lack of common sense.
Just fucking permaban the cunt.
[+] 6 users Like earmuffs's post
30-08-2014, 01:08 AM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2014 10:00 PM by EvolutionKills.)
I'm just chiming in to let everyone know that I have no opinion on the situation, as I've had little to no interaction with WC.

So you can put me down as an 'abstention' when voting for the lynch mob comes up.

Carry on.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
30-08-2014, 02:13 AM
That'd be awesome if this thread had a poll. Laugh out load

And I agree with Hughsie...that him taking part in this thread is probably a bad idea.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
30-08-2014, 04:49 AM
(29-08-2014 09:15 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 08:57 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Except he didn't he posted lewd and hurtful things and then would edit them out to appear innocent. He would constantly attack anyone who he targeted and never once sincerely tried to fit in. Honestly no I was never going to like him but I hung back and watched, when I interacted with him it was professionally had he not acted out I would have remained silent. He made his bed.

Editing posts? We went as far as to remove his edit ability without any warning to try and catch him in the act. People repeatedly said he was doing it yet no-one has yet managed a screenshot. Given that I never saw it for myself I can hardly judge him for it. As for attacking people, I only saw him doing it in response to people attacking him and, tbh, I'm not that sure I would have held off firing back for as long as he did.

So the fix is going to have to be quoting his posts immediately after they show up so that they aren't edited and the behavior effectively erased. That's necessary because dozens of us must be lying about what we have seen/read and the rest of the forum must prove itself - WC doesn't have to prove a damn thing.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
30-08-2014, 05:04 AM
(29-08-2014 08:38 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 08:18 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  ...
Nope we must by all means delay delay delay.

So we have two opinions...

Procrastinators

Pro-castrators

Consider

We also have our procrustean procurators who can't identify the procryptic .

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
30-08-2014, 05:07 AM
(30-08-2014 05:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  ...
We also have our procrustean procurators who can't identify the procryptic .

I have no idea what that means!

And I'm not googling it 'cause I think it's probably offensive and as everyone knows, I am very sensitive.

Instead, I will offer to burn your embassy.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
30-08-2014, 05:11 AM
(29-08-2014 08:54 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 03:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  Well, it is not likely that both admins are going to go rogue. But if they do, the supermods have the power to oust them.

Erm, no we don't. At all. The Admins decisions are absolute and there is no appeals process, over-sight, or anyone to overrule them.

Believe me, I'm a SM and I have no power to remove either Admin.

SMs may not have the formal authority, but an SM has the power.

It is nowhere stated that admins' decisions are absolute, nor should they be.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user