Wicked Clown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2014, 05:20 AM
RE: Wicked Clown
(30-08-2014 05:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 08:54 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Erm, no we don't. At all. The Admins decisions are absolute and there is no appeals process, over-sight, or anyone to overrule them.

Believe me, I'm a SM and I have no power to remove either Admin.

SMs may not have the formal authority, but an SM has the power.

It is nowhere stated that admins' decisions are absolute, nor should they be.

*And* we can always appeal to Seth in the event of something really going to shit. The idea that admins are free to be unconstrained bullies is bleedin' ridiculous.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
30-08-2014, 05:28 AM
(29-08-2014 11:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Hughsie and Deep are effectively the admins.
Which is disappointing for the forum considering they're literally the only two on the whole forum who don't want him banned.

Erm, for accuracy's sake: I don't think Deep has said anything at all about WC. And he is currently on vacation, so nothing will be said by him until he gets back..

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-08-2014, 05:43 AM
(29-08-2014 11:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Hughsie and Deep are effectively the admins.
Which is disappointing for the forum considering they're literally the only two on the whole forum who don't want him banned.

I was going to object to your use of 'literally' because I for one didn't agree with banning him, but now I've actually read some of his stuff...

The continued presence of that particular human does us no favours...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
30-08-2014, 06:19 AM
(30-08-2014 05:28 AM)Dom Wrote:  

Erm, for accuracy's sake: I don't think Deep has said anything at all about WC. And he is currently on vacation, so nothing will be said by him until he gets back..

For accuracy's sake, Deep made a semi-lengthy post of the topic of WC being banned or not in another thread.
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
30-08-2014, 06:28 AM
(30-08-2014 06:19 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 05:28 AM)Dom Wrote:  Erm, for accuracy's sake: I don't think Deep has said anything at all about WC. And he is currently on vacation, so nothing will be said by him until he gets back..

For accuracy's sake, Deep made a semi-lengthy post of the topic of WC being banned or not in another thread.

Ah, I stand corrected, I must have missed it.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-08-2014, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2014 10:08 AM by Tartarus Sauce.)
(30-08-2014 05:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 08:54 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Erm, no we don't. At all. The Admins decisions are absolute and there is no appeals process, over-sight, or anyone to overrule them.

Believe me, I'm a SM and I have no power to remove either Admin.

SMs may not have the formal authority, but an SM has the power.

No, he DOESN'T have the power, neither de jure nor de facto, to remove the admins. It's not a possibility provided to him in any form, authoritative or literal.

It's also not stated anywhere that an admin's decision ISN'T absolute. It is by default though.

(30-08-2014 05:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 05:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  SMs may not have the formal authority, but an SM has the power.

*And* we can always appeal to Seth in the event of something really going to shit. The idea that admins are free to be unconstrained bullies is bleedin' ridiculous.

It's not about them being tyrants. Stark outlined the model of a benevolent dictatorship with advisors/helpers below him/her. Now we have co-dictators, it's not a system of checks and balances, the admins are trusted to serve within the lines of whatever authority they grant themselves.

And yes, you can appeal to Seth, the ultimate, overruling benevolent dictator. That's not written anywhere either though, it's just a known fact he wields ultimate authority. Or maybe you could argue DeepThought wields ultimate authority since he has the keys to all forum's servers and coding.

There are A LOT of people in power who are trusted with that power to act in the benefit of the whole, and there are obviously always going to be disagreements on the best way to do that, but democratic appeals hold no legitimate authority.

[Image: giphy.gif]
30-08-2014, 11:18 AM
(29-08-2014 08:52 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 08:47 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Reputation is an important thing in life, your word is your bond. When one has a poor reputation one can either improve it (the long slow road of doing what is right) or confirm it. WC came here with a reputation in tatters, and ever since he showed up he has done nothing but confirm why he got that reputation. The reaction you see here is a direct result of that.

Actually, his reputation was shot to shit before he arrived and he was never gonna be welcomed. I've had people point to an "awful" post he's made and straight up asked them if they would consider it awful if it was made to him as opposed to by him, and been told they wouldn't see it as wrong that way round.

Let's face it, he could turn up whenever he returns and talk about how he saved a bunch of children from a burning down orphanage, despite having two broken legs at the time, and everyone would get mad at him for it.

Well, we might all hold his claims highly suspect.
Hmmm wonder why that is?

What's weird is that you blame us and Not him for his obvious behavior.
WTAF?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
30-08-2014, 11:39 AM
I'd ask him if he would like to be limited to a single thread for a bit upon his return to gradually reintroduce himself. Deep could make it happen and I think CluelessClown would not only go for it, he'd be grateful. He did ask for the temp ban after all.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-08-2014, 12:18 PM
(29-08-2014 03:41 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 03:39 PM)Stevil Wrote:  then make a case and I'm sure the admins will deal with it appropriately.

Hence... thread.

It would he fantastic if someone would put together a nice clear post with all known offences and quotes. As it stands, wading through 22 pages of vague bitching just isn't making a very good case.

So far the only real argument I've seen is that he scared someone away. The mob mentality here is pretty scary. I might just run away; hope all of you will advocate for your own bannings after scaring me off.
30-08-2014, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2014 12:31 PM by WitchSabrina.)
(30-08-2014 12:18 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 03:41 PM)morondog Wrote:  Hence... thread.

It would he fantastic if someone would put together a nice clear post with all known offences and quotes. As it stands, wading through 22 pages of vague bitching just isn't making a very good case.

So far the only real argument I've seen is that he scared someone away. The mob mentality here is pretty scary. I might just run away; hope all of you will advocate for your own bannings after scaring me off.

If you didn't have your own episode with him or witness it with others, obviously your opinion may vary.
But how is projecting your own demise helping anything except for adding drama?
We could use less emotionalism dealing with this.
Not more.
SOmeimes we forget that just because several people share an opinion doesn't mean a mob.

Ps.... I see no reason for you to go anywhere.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post