Wicked Clown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2014, 12:32 PM
RE: Wicked Clown
(30-08-2014 12:18 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  The mob mentality here is pretty scary. I might just run away; hope all of you will advocate for your own bannings after scaring me off.

Pussy. Drinking Beverage

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-08-2014, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2014 06:03 PM by DLJ.)
(30-08-2014 12:18 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  It would he fantastic if someone would put together a nice clear post with all known offences and quotes. As it stands, wading through 22 pages of vague bitching just isn't making a very good case.

Others can speak for themselves. I've been very clear that I give no shit for what he has or has not done, I dislike him intensely.

Mostly what made me dislike him was his treatment of [bleep] and Diedre32, which I observed in multiple different threads - and which frankly I can't be arsed to dig out. If that means you think I'm making shit up then... well I guess I'll have a little sniffle to myself. Couple of other members also complained of harassment via PM.

But y'know, you complain about vague bitching - pretty much everyone who's defended the fucker is like "well I don't really know, haven't interacted with him much, aren't you guys being a bunch of ninnies?"... we *have* fucking well interacted with him, observed him, decided he's a fuckstick and appealed for his removal.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
30-08-2014, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2014 06:04 PM by DLJ.)
(30-08-2014 12:35 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 12:18 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  It would he fantastic if someone would put together a nice clear post with all known offences and quotes. As it stands, wading through 22 pages of vague bitching just isn't making a very good case.

Others can speak for themselves. I've been very clear that I give no shit for what he has or has not done, I dislike him intensely.

Mostly what made me dislike him was his treatment of [bleep] and Diedre32, which I observed in multiple different threads - and which frankly I can't be arsed to dig out. If that means you think I'm making shit up then... well I guess I'll have a little sniffle to myself. Couple of other members also complained of harassment via PM.

But y'know, you complain about vague bitching - pretty much everyone who's defended the fucker is like "well I don't really know, haven't interacted with him much, aren't you guys being a bunch of ninnies?"... we *have* fucking well interacted with him, observed him, decided he's a fuckstick and appealed for his removal.

Yeah..... this.* Sigh*

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
30-08-2014, 12:40 PM
I will add that I think this discussion is important. I, for one, REALLY tire of people saying we're all meanie poo poo heads just because several share the same opinion. Hearing" mob mentality" kinda makes me wanna pull my hair out.

[+] 4 users Like WitchSabrina's post
30-08-2014, 12:43 PM
(30-08-2014 12:40 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I will add that I think this discussion is important. I, for one, REALLY tire of people saying we're all meanie poo poo heads just because several share the same opinion. Hearing" mob mentality" kinda makes me wanna pull my hair out.

Replace "Mob Mentality" with "Informed Opinion" and it is far closer to the mark. This is almost a universal reaction to having close contact with this person. It is very arrogant for those that have not had any interaction to call out those who have.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
30-08-2014, 12:47 PM
(30-08-2014 12:43 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 12:40 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I will add that I think this discussion is important. I, for one, REALLY tire of people saying we're all meanie poo poo heads just because several share the same opinion. Hearing" mob mentality" kinda makes me wanna pull my hair out.

Replace "Mob Mentality" with "Informed Opinion" and it is far closer to the mark. This is almost a universal reaction to having close contact with this person. It is very arrogant for those that have not had any interaction to call out those who have.

Thanks Rev.

30-08-2014, 12:51 PM
(30-08-2014 12:43 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

"Benefit of the doubt" is a reasonable stance.

There comes a point at which "doubt" no longer applies.

... this is my signature!
[+] 6 users Like cjlr's post
30-08-2014, 12:52 PM
(30-08-2014 12:18 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 03:41 PM)morondog Wrote:  Hence... thread.

It would he fantastic if someone would put together a nice clear post with all known offences and quotes. As it stands, wading through 22 pages of vague bitching just isn't making a very good case.

So far the only real argument I've seen is that he scared someone away. The mob mentality here is pretty scary. I might just run away; hope all of you will advocate for your own bannings after scaring me off.

Whine moar. Sanctimony is totally endearing.

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
30-08-2014, 12:58 PM
(30-08-2014 10:03 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 05:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  *And* we can always appeal to Seth in the event of something really going to shit. The idea that admins are free to be unconstrained bullies is bleedin' ridiculous.

It's not about them being tyrants. Stark outlined the model of a benevolent dictatorship with advisors/helpers below him/her. Now we have co-dictators, it's not a system of checks and balances, the admins are trusted to serve within the lines of whatever authority they grant themselves.

Rolleyes I am aware of this. There was talk of this bogeyman of admins going bananas though.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
30-08-2014, 01:00 PM
I only figured it was a mob because I haven't heard anything particularly scary or genuinely psychotic... It seems like an attention seeking act. I don't like him at all, so I kind of figured that's what everyone was bitching about. Basically "ban him because he's not liked... Oh and somebody ran away."