Wicked Clown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2014, 01:17 PM
RE: Wicked Clown
(30-08-2014 01:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 01:09 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  It seems like my posts are susceptible to a bunch of projection. For future reference, my emotional state tends to waver between robot and IDGAF.

Relax brother, we know where you're coming from.

Consider
Another thing that is difficult to discern is sarcasm in text.

I just got through explaining that I am nearly void of emotion, and am then told to relax... Consider
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
30-08-2014, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2014 01:40 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-08-2014 01:17 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 01:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Relax brother, we know where you're coming from.

Consider
Another thing that is difficult to discern is sarcasm in text.

I just got through explaining that I am nearly void of emotion, and am then told to relax... Consider

Relax brother. Take a moment to breathe, just breathe.

... shorter of breath and one day closer to death. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
30-08-2014, 01:56 PM
(30-08-2014 10:03 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 05:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  SMs may not have the formal authority, but an SM has the power.

It is nowhere stated that admins' decisions are absolute, nor should they be.

No, he DOESN'T have the power, neither de jure nor de facto, to remove the admins. It's not a possibility provided to him in any form, authoritative or literal.

They have the de facto ability since they have admin access.

Quote:It's also not stated anywhere that an admin's decision ISN'T absolute. It is by default though.

No, it is only by convention.

Quote:
(30-08-2014 05:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  *And* we can always appeal to Seth in the event of something really going to shit. The idea that admins are free to be unconstrained bullies is bleedin' ridiculous.

It's not about them being tyrants. Stark outlined the model of a benevolent dictatorship with advisors/helpers below him/her. Now we have co-dictators, it's not a system of checks and balances, the admins are trusted to serve within the lines of whatever authority they grant themselves.

And yes, you can appeal to Seth, the ultimate, overruling benevolent dictator. That's not written anywhere either though, it's just a known fact he wields ultimate authority. Or maybe you could argue DeepThought wields ultimate authority since he has the keys to all forum's servers and coding.

There are A LOT of people in power who are trusted with that power to act in the benefit of the whole, and there are obviously always going to be disagreements on the best way to do that, but democratic appeals hold no legitimate authority.

The main purpose of the 3 SMs is to break a deadlock between the 2 Admins. That is why it was set up. I know - I was there. Drinking Beverage

So SMs have that authority already granted. They should also have the authority to oust a rogue Admin, though the other Admin should do so.

I'm sorry you don't like checks and balances or democracy. That is sad.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-08-2014, 02:00 PM
(30-08-2014 12:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 10:03 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  It's not about them being tyrants. Stark outlined the model of a benevolent dictatorship with advisors/helpers below him/her. Now we have co-dictators, it's not a system of checks and balances, the admins are trusted to serve within the lines of whatever authority they grant themselves.

Rolleyes I am aware of this. There was talk of this bogeyman of admins going bananas though.

We have witnessed several admin meltdowns. So, there's that. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-08-2014, 02:02 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2014 02:05 PM by Chas.)
(30-08-2014 01:03 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 12:52 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Whine moar. Sanctimony is totally endearing.

Its really more of a nose turning, followed by a facetious stream of solid "lol IDGAF, but look at y'all being a bunch of little bitches"

Edit: Never mind, read your later retraction.

30-08-2014, 02:03 PM
(30-08-2014 01:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 01:00 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I only figured it was a mob because I haven't heard anything particularly scary or genuinely psychotic... It seems like an attention seeking act.

Make no mistake, he is batshit insane desperately seeking a friend, but he is neither a psychopath nor a sociopath. He is in training however. Drinking Beverage

He is most certainly one or the other. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-08-2014, 02:22 PM
(30-08-2014 12:40 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I will add that I think this discussion is important. I, for one, REALLY tire of people saying we're all meanie poo poo heads just because several share the same opinion. Hearing" mob mentality" kinda makes me wanna pull my hair out.
To be fair, this thread didn't disclose the issues until much deeper into the thread, and even then the issues are only eluded to.
There are mention of PMs, mention of driving someone off. But no quotes of what WC has said and no details of how he was able to drive someone off.

Without the details it does appear at first as "mob mentality".

I'm still confussed as to what has gone down.
The worst I have seen in a thread from WC is him posting a link saying "me spooning my girlfriend" but it turned out to be him talking about a spider. And in the same thread him talking about having a video of him cumming and then asking permission to post it, Him getting permission and then him not posting it.
So, from what I have seen, it's a bit off, but not overly shocking or worthy of scaring another valued member off.
And of course I have been told (and I accept) that I haven't really seen the issues that WC has presented.

If the purpose of this thread were to build a case on why WC is to be permabanned, I think this thread is failing because it isn't presenting the evidence. It raises lots of questions about WTF happened however.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
30-08-2014, 02:36 PM
I would suggest that the people coming into this thread to make an informed decision about WC start elsewhere...like his other threads and posts. But there is a problem with that - his posts are now heavily edited thereby erasing the evidence of the problems.

Don't tune in at the end and think you have the back story.

I can't repeat some of the things he said because the last time I did I was threatened with banning. Course his original mention didn't warrant a warning.

This whole 'mob mentality' shit is old and tired. Just because several people have seen the behavior, know it breaks the rules, and are bringing it up doesn't make it mob mentality.

It's bullshit to come in and say - I really don't have a good feel for what's going on and I haven't read the posts but I have made my decision and it makes every else's wrong. But that is a song we hear a lot.

Course - for this one there is some level of understanding due to the sanitizing of original posts to pull them in line with the rules.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
30-08-2014, 02:42 PM
(30-08-2014 01:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  They have the de facto ability since they have admin access.

Yes and despite that Hughsie claims that no such capability exists for him. Is he just lying, or is there just a serious misunderstanding here?

Quote:The main purpose of the 3 SMs is to break a deadlock between the 2 Admins. That is why it was set up. I know - I was there. Drinking Beverage

They do NOT have the power to override admin decisions though.

Quote:So SMs have that authority already granted. They should also have the authority to oust a rogue Admin, though the other Admin should do so.
They do NOT have the authority just because you think they should. As far as I know, only Deep even has the capacity to do it.

Quote:
I'm sorry you don't like checks and balances or democracy. That is sad.

Excuse me? I don't recall stating a dislike for either, just that neither are the case.

[Image: giphy.gif]
30-08-2014, 03:01 PM
(30-08-2014 02:22 PM)Stevil Wrote:  If the purpose of this thread were to build a case on why WC is to be permabanned, I think this thread is failing because it isn't presenting the evidence. It raises lots of questions about WTF happened however.

I've just gone back to read his intro thread and a few others to try and find stuff that I remember I objected to.

Anyway, read like... the first few threads of his that you find, if you want to. Now, you actually will not find anything too objectionable there but what I'd like you to do is look at how many of his posts have "this post was last modified at X time by Wicked Clown" in the title bar - that should indicate to you just how much editing he did.

Further bear in mind that if you edit a post fast enough that little message doesn't appear, so there are probably more posts that he edited.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.