Wicked Clown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2014, 09:40 AM
RE: Wicked Clown
(01-09-2014 09:34 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  ...
the two week ban option shouldn't have been enacted so casually

[Image: tumblr_lb49owwAMy1qcy1poo1_400.gif]

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
01-09-2014, 09:46 AM
Well my "sources" tell me what may have happened is a girl I actually like a lot left because of wicked clown. While I've been trained over the years to take all claims of harassment with a grain of salt I do think this should carry heavy weight in this matter.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 3 users Like Adrianime's post
01-09-2014, 11:07 AM
Again...I like the discussion. I'm glad the community talks things through. What I don't see is why regular members are being treated like petulant children.
When valued members share a unified voice concerning an issue I believe it is the admins power to respect that. Failure to do so proves admin to be solely interested in their own admin opinion and not the community they say they serve.
Sound like politics?
If not....
Where's the difference?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 9 users Like WitchSabrina's post
01-09-2014, 11:34 AM
(01-09-2014 11:07 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Again...I like the discussion. I'm glad the community talks things through. What I don't see is why regular members are being treated like petulant children.
When valued members share a unified voice concerning an issue I believe it is the admins power to respect that. Failure to do so proves admin to be solely interested in their own admin opinion and not the community they say they serve.
Sound like politics?
If not....
Where's the difference?

Aye, there's the rub.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
01-09-2014, 02:22 PM
(01-09-2014 11:07 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Again...I like the discussion. I'm glad the community talks things through. What I don't see is why regular members are being treated like petulant children.
Sound like politics?
If not....
Where's the difference?

The admins are not disregarding or ignoring this thread or anything regarding this ongoing situation. They've read it all and they're taking a lot of things into consideration. When a mass amount of the forum is as distressed as they are at the moment, someone with the pressure of being an admin has to be very careful and logical about what decisions they make.

There's obviously a mass amount of people that want WC banned, but there are some slight arguments that could make his banning seem unfair. I'm not saying I want the guy to stay, because he's basically a parasite. But I can step into both pairs of shoes and see what each side's like.

I disagree that regular members are being treated like petulant children. I think things are just getting out of hand and becoming a little unnecessary. The admins are not solely interested in their own opinions at all, and I think people are being a bit selfish not to acknowledge the pressure and expectations an admin has to put up with on a daily basis, in addition to have REAL LIVES... Have some patience. DL and aurora are definitely discussing things behind the scenes.

Also, aurora obviously has better things to do (like discussing with DL and the forum team about how to handle all of this) than replying to a shit storm just so earmuffs can continue his sassy-gay antics.
01-09-2014, 02:28 PM
(01-09-2014 02:22 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
Sound like politics?
If not....
Where's the difference?

The admins are not disregarding or ignoring this thread or anything regarding this ongoing situation. They've read it all and they're taking a lot of things into consideration. When a mass amount of the forum is as distressed as they are at the moment, someone with the pressure of being an admin has to be very careful and logical about what decisions they make.

There's obviously a mass amount of people that want WC banned, but there are some slight arguments that could make his banning seem unfair. I'm not saying I want the guy to stay, because he's basically a parasite. But I can step into both pairs of shoes and see what each side's like.

I disagree that regular members are being treated like petulant children. I think things are just getting out of hand and becoming a little unnecessary. The admins are not solely interested in their own opinions at all, and I think people are being a bit selfish not to acknowledge the pressure and expectations an admin has to put up with on a daily basis, in addition to have REAL LIVES... Have some patience. DL and aurora are definitely discussing things behind the scenes.

Also, aurora obviously has better things to do (like discussing with DL and the forum team about how to handle all of this) than replying to a shit storm just so earmuffs can continue his sassy-gay antics.

That is a big part of the problem. The Admins hid behind a wall when an issue like this comes up rather than actually interacting. Poor policy from the beginning.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
01-09-2014, 02:39 PM
(01-09-2014 02:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  That is a big part of the problem. The Admins hid behind a wall when an issue like this comes up rather than actually interacting. Poor policy from the beginning.

That's not poor policy. It's being careful, cautious and logical. Being patient and taking the time to contemplate a solution is better than running out into action and being bombarded because you don't have a clear solution to the situation.
01-09-2014, 02:43 PM
(01-09-2014 02:39 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 02:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  That is a big part of the problem. The Admins hid behind a wall when an issue like this comes up rather than actually interacting. Poor policy from the beginning.

That's not poor policy. It's being careful, cautious and logical. Being patient and taking the time to contemplate a solution is better than running out into action and being bombarded because you don't have a clear solution to the situation.

He's referring to the behind-closed-doors aspect of it.

And, yes, that is piss-poor policy and practice.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
01-09-2014, 02:49 PM
(01-09-2014 02:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 02:39 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  That's not poor policy. It's being careful, cautious and logical. Being patient and taking the time to contemplate a solution is better than running out into action and being bombarded because you don't have a clear solution to the situation.

He's referring to the behind-closed-doors aspect of it.

And, yes, that is piss-poor policy and practice.

The forum team is discussing and handling it. That's what the forum team does. It doesn't have to be an open board discussion for a problem to be handled. The admins and the rest of the forum team are monitoring this thread and taking into consideration how all of the members feel about the situation. We're not ignoring it, and the admins aren't "hiding" from these problems.
01-09-2014, 02:49 PM
When I was Admin I was very proactive in joining these discussions. Did it do any good? Did it prevent arguments? No, it just caused more.

My advice to those following me has always been to stay outta this kinda thing. Nothing is ever accomplished by joining in, I'm proof of that.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post