Wicked Clown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2014, 03:29 PM
RE: Wicked Clown
(01-09-2014 03:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I doubt anyone has the time to quote/screen shot all his posts as soon as they appear.

If anyone saw any of his vile posts before they were edited, they had the opportunity to quote that post or screen shot it before it was edited.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Ferdi, I love you, but you cannot approach the subject of Hughsie in an unbiased way. That's understandable on a personal level but as a mod perhaps some neutrality is called for. You are starting to look like Hughsie's hired gun. You speak for him, you agree with everything he says and it appears quite biased.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
(01-09-2014 03:26 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 03:24 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  That has more to due to your lack of people skills than it being a bad policy.

Lack of people skill? Or is it that people feel offended when someone has a neutral view and refuses to pick and defend one side of a situation?

No, I like Tim (more often than not, Grilled Cheese mother fucker Grilled Cheese) but he needs an interpreter since most of the time what he says comes off as condescending and pompous.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
(01-09-2014 03:29 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 03:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I doubt anyone has the time to quote/screen shot all his posts as soon as they appear.

If anyone saw any of his vile posts before they were edited, they had the opportunity to quote that post or screen shot it before it was edited.

Not when they were edited nearly immediately - you imply that they didn't happen.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
01-09-2014, 03:31 PM
(01-09-2014 03:26 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 03:24 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  That has more to due to your lack of people skills than it being a bad policy.

Lack of people skill? Or is it that people feel offended when someone has a neutral view and refuses to pick and defend one side of a situation?

But he doesn't have, and never has had, a neutral view. He is ideologically driven by his belief in free speech trumping everything.

That is why he causes an uproar whenever he enters a discussion of this kind. He will ignore reality to prevent a ban.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
01-09-2014, 03:31 PM
(01-09-2014 03:00 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 02:39 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  That's not poor policy. It's being careful, cautious and logical. Being patient and taking the time to contemplate a solution is better than running out into action and being bombarded because you don't have a clear solution to the situation.

I can understand why some discussions and policy making goes on behind closed doors. I'm cool with that. I just wish that when this issue cropped up that we were at least given some hope that WC's actions were actually being reviewed and discussed. Instead we got responses from hughsie that none of the forum team could be bothered to read his more incriminating threads (I know they are long and not fun to dig through). That felt like our opinions and personal interactions with him, and his rotten behavior were just being ignored. It caused more posts, more arguing, etc.

Then it's stuff like this that makes us feel like we are being treated like petulant children, instead of having our opinions actually considered. It really unsettled me that someone with such a high level of authority on is forum views the members in this way Undecided

(29-08-2014 09:09 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Hughsie, I'm sorry, but I find this post extremely insulting. Is this the opinion you have of the forum members? That we are absolutely unable to consider a person objectively if they truly tried to reform behavior? That we lack the critical thinking and reasoning it takes to give someone a fair shot?

I can count at least six forum members that I truly did not like, that I thought were abrasive, disruptive, and not nice people to have around the forum. I had the capacity to watch posts and behavior, and change my opinion. I've changed negative reps to positive ones.

There is no excuse for his behavior. As Rev said, he has made his own bed.

Edit: I want to add that I'm glad to hear the admins have actually read everything now. I hope this is the case.

Agree . Thanks Smerk

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
01-09-2014, 03:33 PM
(01-09-2014 03:29 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  

One doesn't think one needs to take copies of everything people post - most of the time it's still there when you go back, but not with him.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
01-09-2014, 03:33 PM
(01-09-2014 03:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ferdi, I love you, but you cannot approach the subject of Hughsie in an unbiased way. That's understandable on a personal level but as a mod perhaps some neutrality is called for. You are starting to look like Hughsie's hired gun. You speak for him, you agree with everything he says and it appears quite biased.

I try to see everything as neutral as possible. I see how people misinterpret Hughsie and I see how Hughsie is trying to be as neutral as possible also.

Maybe Hughsie is too retarded sometimes and needs a hired gun. Big Grin

(01-09-2014 03:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 03:29 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  If anyone saw any of his vile posts before they were edited, they had the opportunity to quote that post or screen shot it before it was edited.

Not when they were edited nearly immediately - you imply that they didn't happen.

I'm not implying they didn't. I'm implying that if they were seen, whoever saw them had the opportunity to quote/screenshot them...
01-09-2014, 03:37 PM
(01-09-2014 03:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 03:26 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Lack of people skill? Or is it that people feel offended when someone has a neutral view and refuses to pick and defend one side of a situation?

But he doesn't have, and never has had, a neutral view. He is ideologically driven by his belief in free speech trumping everything.

That is why he causes an uproar whenever he enters a discussion of this kind. He will ignore reality to prevent a ban.

Maybe that free speech belief is what allows him to see things in a more neutral view. He's not ignoring reality to prevent a ban, he's simply stating "Hey, yeah he's done this and could be banned for that, but there are also [/reasons] as to why he hasn't/shouldn't be banned."

There are always two pairs of shoes to step into.
01-09-2014, 03:38 PM
(01-09-2014 03:33 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 03:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ferdi, I love you, but you cannot approach the subject of Hughsie in an unbiased way. That's understandable on a personal level but as a mod perhaps some neutrality is called for. You are starting to look like Hughsie's hired gun. You speak for him, you agree with everything he says and it appears quite biased.

I try to see everything as neutral as possible. I see how people misinterpret Hughsie and I see how Hughsie is trying to be as neutral as possible also.

Maybe Hughsie is too retarded sometimes and needs a hired gun. Big Grin

(01-09-2014 03:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Not when they were edited nearly immediately - you imply that they didn't happen.

I'm not implying they didn't. I'm implying that if they were seen, whoever saw them had the opportunity to quote/screenshot them...

This would be pretty hard to do. It would require someone following him, and quoting every post the instant it appeared.

Several trusted members vouching that they've seen it happen on a regular basis is sometimes all you can go on, unless we are all viewed as biased and unable to form our own objective opinions, and not just lie to make someone look bad.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post