Wicked Clown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2014, 03:39 PM
RE: Wicked Clown
(01-09-2014 03:33 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 03:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ferdi, I love you, but you cannot approach the subject of Hughsie in an unbiased way. That's understandable on a personal level but as a mod perhaps some neutrality is called for. You are starting to look like Hughsie's hired gun. You speak for him, you agree with everything he says and it appears quite biased.

I try to see everything as neutral as possible. I see how people misinterpret Hughsie and I see how Hughsie is trying to be as neutral as possible also.

Maybe Hughsie is too retarded sometimes and needs a hired gun. Big Grin

(01-09-2014 03:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Not when they were edited nearly immediately - you imply that they didn't happen.

I'm not implying they didn't. I'm implying that if they were seen, whoever saw them had the opportunity to quote/screenshot them...

So, we have a supermod that needs an interpreter?

It is implied that WC didn't break any rules. It's been implied all along.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-09-2014, 03:42 PM
(01-09-2014 03:38 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 03:33 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I try to see everything as neutral as possible. I see how people misinterpret Hughsie and I see how Hughsie is trying to be as neutral as possible also.

I'm not implying they didn't. I'm implying that if they were seen, whoever saw them had the opportunity to quote/screenshot them...

This would be pretty hard to do. It would require someone following him, and quoting every post the instant it appeared.

Several trusted members vouching that they've seen it happen on a regular basis is sometimes all you can go on, unless we are all viewed as biased and unable to form our own objective opinions, and not just lie to make someone look bad.

WC - with a known history of bad behavior has been given every chance. Contributing, long-term members have been discounted at every turn.

Shows how much importance is placed on the most active and contributing members of the forum that we are called into doubt.

That's dandy leadership.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-09-2014, 03:43 PM
(01-09-2014 03:38 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 03:33 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I try to see everything as neutral as possible. I see how people misinterpret Hughsie and I see how Hughsie is trying to be as neutral as possible also.

This would be pretty hard to do. It would require someone following him, and quoting every post the instant it appeared.

Several trusted members vouching that they've seen it happen on a regular basis is sometimes all you can go on, unless we are all viewed as biased and unable to form our own objective opinions, and not just lie to make someone look bad.

Well whenever we asked about posts, nobody would even tell us "Yeah, he said something along the lines of "this" and I"m paraphrasing but that's basically what he posted."

Instead we were bombarded with "OMG DUMB LAZY KIDS JUST READ THE THREADS YOURSELVES!!!11!!"

Dodgy
01-09-2014, 03:48 PM
(01-09-2014 03:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So, we have a supermod that needs an interpreter?

It is implied that WC didn't break any rules. It's been implied all along.

It's been implied that rules have been bent, lines have been bordered, and members part of cases like these are not banned on a first offense of things.

(01-09-2014 03:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  WC - with a known history of bad behavior has been given every chance. Contributing, long-term members have been discounted at every turn.

Shows how much importance is placed on the most active and contributing members of the forum that we are called into doubt.

That's dandy leadership.

Contributing, long-term members have not been discounted or doubted at all. If they were discounted or doubted, they wouldn't be referred to as valued members...
01-09-2014, 03:48 PM
(01-09-2014 03:29 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 03:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I doubt anyone has the time to quote/screen shot all his posts as soon as they appear.

If anyone saw any of his vile posts before they were edited, they had the opportunity to quote that post or screen shot it before it was edited.

I'm pretty sure Deep can get back the audit trail of any post. Not sure what the point of that would be now though. Deep's not a big fan of torches and pitchforks.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-09-2014, 03:49 PM
(01-09-2014 03:37 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 03:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  But he doesn't have, and never has had, a neutral view. He is ideologically driven by his belief in free speech trumping everything.

That is why he causes an uproar whenever he enters a discussion of this kind. He will ignore reality to prevent a ban.

Maybe that free speech belief is what allows him to see things in a more neutral view. He's not ignoring reality to prevent a ban, he's simply stating "Hey, yeah he's done this and could be banned for that, but there are also [/reasons] as to why he hasn't/shouldn't be banned."

There are always two pairs of shoes to step into.

If this were something new, I might agree. It isn't and I don't.

He and Jamie were constantly deadlocked when Admins on this. He is unreasonable on this subject.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-09-2014, 03:55 PM
(01-09-2014 03:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 03:37 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Maybe that free speech belief is what allows him to see things in a more neutral view. He's not ignoring reality to prevent a ban, he's simply stating "Hey, yeah he's done this and could be banned for that, but there are also [/reasons] as to why he hasn't/shouldn't be banned."

There are always two pairs of shoes to step into.

If this were something new, I might agree. It isn't and I don't.

He and Jamie were constantly deadlocked when Admins on this. He is unreasonable on this subject.

How biased. Maybe Tim was unreasonable sometimes, but maybe Jamie was unreasonable at other times as well.

They weren't called the "odd couple" for no reason. They both saw things differently. It wasn't just one of them over the other.
01-09-2014, 04:03 PM
(01-09-2014 02:22 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  ..I disagree that regular members are being treated like petulant children...

(01-09-2014 03:43 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  ... we were bombarded with "OMG DUMB LAZY KIDS JUST READ THE THREADS YOURSELVES!!!11!!" ...

Dodgy

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
01-09-2014, 04:05 PM
Okay; stupid question:

Wouldn't it be possible just to revoke editing rights from him on his return and not tell him or something so he can dig his own grave, and thereby not require forum members to be constantly quoting WC so that any made infraction would not disappear?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
01-09-2014, 04:06 PM
(01-09-2014 04:05 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Okay; stupid question:

Wouldn't it be possible just to revoke editing rights from him on his return and not tell him or something so he can dig his own grave, and thereby not requiring forum members to be constantly quoting WC so that any made infraction would not disappear?

That's been mentioned but so far it's not known if that will be put in place.