Wicked Clown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2014, 06:08 PM
RE: Wicked Clown
(01-09-2014 05:24 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 11:07 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Again...I like the discussion. I'm glad the community talks things through. What I don't see is why regular members are being treated like petulant children.
When valued members share a unified voice concerning an issue I believe it is the admins power to respect that. Failure to do so proves admin to be solely interested in their own admin opinion and not the community they say they serve.
Sound like politics?
If not....
Where's the difference?

Excellent point.

I created this thread (which I guess is tl;dr for most people) to discuss exactly that kinda thing.
Does good governance involve supporting / acquiescing to (depending on your point of view) public opinion. How important is the speed and transparency of decision-making etc. Or is good governance about upholding the Principles, sometimes in the face of public opinion.

If that thread's OP had not become already too long, I would have added, for example, the regular UK thing where the populous calls for Capital Punishment and the Parliament rejects it (which in the Pulp the Gay Penguins thread would have been option D (as Chas pointed out) changing the law on homosexuality against the majority wishes).

I wish I had made it a shorter OP, now, because these are the things I like to mull over and chat with you guys about.

:sigh:

DLJ - love you too - but sometimes your posts like the one you mention make my head swim and my eyes cross - and not in a good way.

I will admit that you need to dumb down some of what you say for me.

Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2014, 06:09 PM
(01-09-2014 06:00 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 04:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Personal attack - not even close. Maybe Hughsie can speak for himself.

(01-09-2014 04:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  I am being civil, so there's that. Otherwise, you are promoting censorship.

You may not see it as a personal attack, or even slight hostility, but we all still need to calm down. All of these smart defensive comments are getting really ridiculous.

No one is being civil anymore. We're taking jabs at each other because we can. If this is your idea of being civil, you need to work on your sarcasm.

Everyone just needs to chill the fuck out.

Is that an order or a suggestion?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
01-09-2014, 06:12 PM
I've been watching this thread and I feel everyone needs a time out. So I'm closing this thread for a while and will reopen it later.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-09-2014, 06:20 PM
(01-09-2014 06:08 PM)Anjele Wrote:  ...

DLJ - love you too - but sometimes your posts like the one you mention make my head swim and my eyes cross - and not in a good way.

I will admit that you need to dumb down some of what you say for me.

Weeping

I love you too. Catching up with this thread, some of your dry wit / sarcasm in this thread had me nearly pissing myself [note to self: take a piss after waking up at 6am and before reading this thread].

Maybe I should re-write that Gay Penguin thread.
Should I go with Quarantine for Wicked Clown as the theme instead of Quarantine for Pro-Gay Books?

The point of the Penguin thread was about having 'opt-in' sections e.g. toxic / quarantine areas, parental guidance, X-rating movies etc. as opposed to banning/censorship.

If we apply that to this forum, we already have a precedent with the Over-18 section.

Wink

01-09-2014, 06:23 PM
Don't know who opened this thread but it's closed!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

01-09-2014, 06:24 PM
You forgot to recluse the thread.

Edit: shafted

[Image: giphy.gif]
01-09-2014, 08:36 PM
Quote:Also, aurora obviously has better things to do (like discussing with DL and the forum team about how to handle all of this) than replying to a shit storm just so earmuffs can continue his sassy-gay antics.

Better things to do then participate in the forum she's an admin on??

I'm not talking about this particular case in general when I mean aurora is inactive. I mean just period, she's inactive across the board. Last time I checked her last post was a week ago and the post before that was 11 days prior.
She's just not an active member and when she does post it's not much of a contribution. She shouldn't be an admin if she's not an active member of the forum.
Active member of the mod/admin only section hardly counts as being an active member.

Quote:When I was Admin I was very proactive in joining these discussions. Did it do any good? Did it prevent arguments? No, it just caused more.

Because you were a trash admin. You never took anyone's advice and stuck to your guns that there was no such thing as a troll and nobody should ever be banned ever.

There are people with potential to have a meaningful discussion and compromise accordingly.

Quote:I don't ever recall Hughsie saying the forum team couldn't be bothered with reading WC's post. From the very start a good portion of the forum team was very involved in numerous WC threads. However, Hughsie and I had busy lives (he was busy with work and I was starting college) and lacked the time to go through these threads ourselves, so we continuously asked for links to posts that contained evidence of vile statements, and we were never linked any. What he meant was that he couldn't be bothered with reading through the threads himself because all of them combined were like 50+ pages of threads, and reading through that much when you don't really care about the topic is tedious and boring. That's why we both asked to be linked to posts or intense sections of threads, but no one (not even members deeply involved in these threads that had kept close watch on them) did so.

The issue was not that he didn't read the threads. It was that he didn't read the threads but felt compelled to comment on them anyway.
Don't wanna read it? Fine, but don't comment on it.

And if forum team members don't want to, you know, moderate then purhaps they shouldn't be forum team members. If all you do is advise and don't actually moderate then you might as well just be a vet.

Quote:I was only involving myself in that sense as regular member and not as a Super-Mod.

But you are a super-mod. Your opinion matters (much more then ours anyway).
So if you don't read it, don't comment on it. If you want to be a regular member step down.

Quote:No, I like Tim (more often than not, Grilled Cheese mother fucker Grilled Cheese) but he needs an interpreter since most of the time what he says comes off as condescending and pompous.

British..

Quote:Well whenever we asked about posts, nobody would even tell us "Yeah, he said something along the lines of "this" and I"m paraphrasing but that's basically what he posted."

Instead we were bombarded with "OMG DUMB LAZY KIDS JUST READ THE THREADS YOURSELVES!!!11!!"

Dodgy

We're not mods. You are.

Quote:I'm pretty sure we were the ones being treated like children.

Hmmmm, telling you to do your own research and not just giving into your tantrums about not wanting to read 50+ pages despite being your job...

Nope, I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this.

Quote:Funnily enough I do have a little secret I was thinking of sharing but I'm not sure whether I should. I'll have to think about it a little further.

yea, we're treating you two like children... pfft.

That was sarcasm btw.

Quote:This is becoming unnecessary. We have a CoC we are required to follow and this back and forth spitting at one another is becoming ridiculous.

That's Vets only. It's perfectly acceptable for forum team members to do whatever they want.

Quote:Aren't we just a little band of happy fairies? Are you turdheads done trying to shit on eachother? This stupid WC fuck isn't worth our time. We can argue back and forth on the merits of exactly what he has to do to cross the line to where everyone consents that we ban him, but to that end we will all hate eachother for reasons that only he understands. I don't like that, but it's obvious that we're headed there.

You can stand up for what you believe in all you want, but sometimes it causes more grief than it's worth and you just have to suck it up and do what's best. Life is like that.

Yes I have been drinking, carry on.

It isn't about WC, it's about the forum team's handling of situations.

Quote:You may not see it as a personal attack, or even slight hostility, but we all still need to calm down. All of these smart defensive comments are getting really ridiculous.

No one is being civil anymore. We're taking jabs at each other because we can. If this is your idea of being civil, you need to work on your sarcasm.

Everyone just needs to chill the fuck out.

The forum team needs to permaban WC.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
01-09-2014, 08:59 PM
Shy

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
01-09-2014, 10:59 PM
So... thread not closed?
MMoms is gonna throw a rod.

ANYway..... personally I have no particular gripe with any one admin or moderator. I don't monitor admin to sit and determine who's doing good on what day for x reason in whatever section during whatever weather pattern....
Dude....
NO One is under a microscope in my pink & happy world.
I DO however know assholes, trolls and troublemakers when they shit on our rugs....and I'm hoping those with the keys to the kingdom care that we regulars love our rugs. We vacuum and tidy them. We bang the dust out of them....We dig our toes into our homey rugs and hate them defiled.

Its our house. We love it. We care for it.
Just because we don't get keys to the front or back doors doesn't make it less home.

And if the key holders don't love us back or understand we don't Like sloppy visitors then we'll just have to toss them out the nearest window.

So
Don't freak when we do.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
01-09-2014, 11:26 PM
(01-09-2014 10:59 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  So... thread not closed?
MMoms is gonna throw a rod.

ANYway..... personally I have no particular gripe with any one admin or moderator. I don't monitor admin to sit and determine who's doing good on what day for x reason in whatever section during whatever weather pattern....
Dude....
NO One is under a microscope in my pink & happy world.
I DO however know assholes, trolls and troublemakers when they shit on our rugs....and I'm hoping those with the keys to the kingdom care that we regulars love our rugs. We vacuum and tidy them. We bang the dust out of them....We dig our toes into our homey rugs and hate them defiled.

Its our house. We love it. We care for it.
Just because we don't get keys to the front or back doors doesn't make it less home.

And if the key holders don't love us back or understand we don't Like sloppy visitors then we'll just have to toss them out the nearest window.

So
Don't freak when we do.

We care about this place too. We're not assholes, and we definitely don't like shitty rugs either.
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post