Wicked Clown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2014, 01:03 PM
RE: Wicked Clown
(02-09-2014 12:58 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Have you ever listened to "incredibad' by the lonely island?

Nope. Undecided
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2014, 01:04 PM
(02-09-2014 12:55 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 12:46 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I'm still not 100% clear on that situation... (honestly)

Right? Just because I stick up for someone doesn't mean I'm their boyfriend.

Big Grin

But really
It's ok to be gay.
Really.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
02-09-2014, 01:50 PM
I won't assume anybody is gay who says they are not. There was a period of my life where people kept asking if I was gay, so I know how annoying it can be.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
02-09-2014, 01:56 PM
(02-09-2014 01:50 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I won't assume anybody is gay who says they are not. There was a period of my life where people kept asking if I was gay, so I know how annoying it can be.

Actually, I find it flattering. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
02-09-2014, 02:01 PM
(02-09-2014 01:50 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I won't assume anybody is gay who says they are not. There was a period of my life where people kept asking if I was gay, so I know how annoying it can be.

You know I'm kidding.

02-09-2014, 02:08 PM
(02-09-2014 01:56 PM)DLJ Wrote:  

Until some gay sumo champion asks you out, then you'll find it flattening... Drinking Beverage

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
02-09-2014, 02:32 PM
(02-09-2014 02:08 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 01:56 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Actually, I find it flattering. Drinking Beverage

Until some gay sumo champion asks you out, then you'll find it flattening... Drinking Beverage

Sooo... Hughsie...? Unsure
[+] 3 users Like Ferdinand's post
02-09-2014, 03:45 PM
(02-09-2014 01:56 PM)DLJ Wrote:  

Why? That would only make sense to me if homosexuality > heterosexuality (where I think the idea is that they should be seen as having equal merit). I don't see women as less than men, but I don't find it flattering to be called a woman. I don't see Asians as less than other ethnicities, but I don't find it flattering to be called Asian.

I like to be appreciated for what I actually am.

02-09-2014, 04:42 PM
(02-09-2014 03:45 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 01:56 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Actually, I find it flattering. Drinking Beverage
Why? That would only make sense to me if homosexuality > heterosexuality (where I think the idea is that they should be seen as having equal merit). I don't see women as less than men, but I don't find it flattering to be called a woman. I don't see Asians as less than other ethnicities, but I don't find it flattering to be called Asian.

Grossly off topic
But
A gay man (or even being joked with or mistaken for) is not the same as being called a woman.

Dude???......* weird expression*
I'm sure that's not what you meant...

Right?

[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
02-09-2014, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 05:13 PM by Adrianime.)
(02-09-2014 04:42 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 03:45 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Why? That would only make sense to me if homosexuality > heterosexuality (where I think the idea is that they should be seen as having equal merit). I don't see women as less than men, but I don't find it flattering to be called a woman. I don't see Asians as less than other ethnicities, but I don't find it flattering to be called Asian.

Grossly off topic
But
A gay man (or even being joked with or mistaken for) is not the same as being called a woman.

Dude???......* weird expression*
I'm sure that's not what you meant...

Right?
Hmm, I didn't think what I wrote would be misinterpreted that much. Of course being called gay and being called a woman are not the same. Just like being called a woman and being called Asian are not the same.

The point is, I'm not gay, I'm not a woman, and I'm not Asian. So please don't call me any of the above. And further (and back to my original question to DLJ), why would being called something that you are not be considered a compliment?

I imagine that a person insistently asking a homosexual person, "You sure you aren't hetero?" wouldn't be considered a compliment, right?