Wife and I had foot reflexology treatment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2016, 04:48 PM
Wife and I had foot reflexology treatment
I can't say my kidney feels detoxified. My liver feels the same. Maybe my skepticism prevented any difference to my chakra. I don't feel robbed though. My feet feel great!
I'm no expert in medical science but I can't imagine there is a bit of evidence to support what reflexologists believe they can fix.
The reflexologist started most sentences with "we believe" as she showed me the chart on the wall and explained why she was massaging a certain area.
My friend at work is deep into conspiracy theories. 911, illuminati, NWO. He was telling me how foot reflexology fixed things on his wife a dr couldn't. When I told him I think there is something to be said about placebo effect but doubt it will detox your kidney, he told me "you'd be surprised".
Oh well. At least they did go to a dr first. I am just concerned that because they believe reflexology worked they will stop seeking actual medical attention.
Anyone else do reflexology?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2016, 05:23 PM
RE: Wife and I had foot reflexology treatment
Amazing what an application of snake oil will do, huh???

Or not...

I vote "not"...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
04-03-2016, 05:39 PM
(04-03-2016 04:48 PM)edbaldwin Wrote:  I can't say my kidney feels detoxified. My liver feels the same. Maybe my skepticism prevented any difference to my chakra. I don't feel robbed though. My feet feel great!
I'm no expert in medical science but I can't imagine there is a bit of evidence to support what reflexologists believe they can fix.
The reflexologist started most sentences with "we believe" as she showed me the chart on the wall and explained why she was massaging a certain area.
My friend at work is deep into conspiracy theories. 911, illuminati, NWO. He was telling me how foot reflexology fixed things on his wife a dr couldn't. When I told him I think there is something to be said about placebo effect but doubt it will detox your kidney, he told me "you'd be surprised".
Oh well. At least they did go to a dr first. I am just concerned that because they believe reflexology worked they will stop seeking actual medical attention.

[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
04-03-2016, 05:46 PM
All massages and spa treatments are pleasurable and release our "feel good chemicals".

Throw in some nice scents (aroma therapy) and it feels even better.

As such they are useful, who doesn't want to feel good and relaxed.

Beyond that - go see a doc.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
05-03-2016, 01:29 PM
There's no physiologic way in which reflexology would help. Maybe it will relax you but no more. Everything else is just a lot of BS. There's not even a bit of evidence that it works as they claim it do.

"Skepticism is the first step towards truth" -Denis Diderot
05-03-2016, 01:57 PM
(04-03-2016 04:48 PM)edbaldwin Wrote:  I can't say my kidney feels detoxified. My liver feels the same. Maybe my skepticism prevented any difference to my chakra. I don't feel robbed though. My feet feel great!

Medecins sans ....................... Medecins?

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
05-03-2016, 02:28 PM
A relaxing way to waste money.
05-03-2016, 03:35 PM
You could have a pedicure and your toenails painted and have the same effect. It's all relaxing stuff.

Oh boy! This kinda gives me the opportunity to use my favorite smiley.

Girl_nails

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
05-03-2016, 03:47 PM
I don't see how to add smilies. Can someone please tell me how. On a lot of sites I see a list of them.
05-03-2016, 03:51 PM
When you enter a post there is a window to the left with lots of smilies. You can click on them and add them to your text... SmileBig GrinTongueCool

And you can go down to the words 'get more' and there you can copy and paste the code. Thumbsup Girl_nails

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF