Wife busted our cover at school

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Wife busted our cover at school
So those of you that know me a little, know that my wife and I both going to Nursing school together, in Louisiana.

The other day on our smoke break some of the gals that aren't doing so well mentioned an Idea. She said, "I think we should all group up and have a big ole prayer. But we can't do that 'cause we might offend someone."

Well they all got to questioning people in what they believe. The asked my wife and she went ahead and told them she was an Atheist. Of course I was asked directly after and I had no choice to tell them I am an Atheist as well. Not that I was scared, I just don't want any unneeded stress with all the other study stress. Well it went over fairly ok. There is another guy in the class that told me that he is the same and one of the girl's boyfriend is an atheist, she actually said something positive about us lol.

After class, we got in our truck and I asked my wife, "Why did you tell them?", She said, "You told me never lie about it!" I guess I couldn't argue with that lmao! Just so you know, the ones that aren't begging for prayers and are fairly nonreligious are actually the top students, including my wife and I. I kind of find it entertaining, because they can't understand why I'm doing so well and I tell them when they ask, "Because I follow evolution!"

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like Clint Barnett's post
02-03-2012, 08:38 PM
RE: Wife busted our cover at school
Does it kind of feel good to be out?
Like a weight off?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
02-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Now that you're out of the closet it must be a relief to know that you can have sex with other atheists without having to hide it anymore.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Erxomai's post
03-03-2012, 02:51 AM
yea, im not too worried about letting people know i am atheist that are college age and actually go for higher learning, they tend to start thinking for themselves and even if they are still christian find many questions in it. The people I avoid talking to are older people who didn't grow up with the internet, and (hate to say this, and certainly not all of them) people in the military who are used to following everything they hear with no questions.
03-03-2012, 03:12 AM
I'm glad you and your wife took the 'truth' road! Well done Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
03-03-2012, 06:05 AM
Most people don't know how to take it. One is automatically discounted as a heretic of sorts. I think it only freaks them out when my head starts rotating and my eyes glow red. Other than that - it's not all too bad.

"I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders...
Thanks for getting off my back!"
-
Arcticspear Idea
[+] 4 users Like arcticspear's post
03-03-2012, 09:05 AM
(02-03-2012 09:10 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Now that you're out of the closet it must be a relief to know that you can have sex with other atheists without having to hide it anymore.

Atheists can have sex? Oh, sure, now you tell me. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-03-2012, 09:40 AM
(03-03-2012 02:51 AM)hollowpointm16 Wrote:  people in the military who are used to following everything they hear with no questions.

My husband was career military and he was as atheist as they come. Military folk are pretty used to keeping much about themselves in the closet, so that's why you get that impression. Both his sons are military and they are atheist also.

My guess would be that there are more atheists in the military than in civilian life. Especially among those who have seen combat.

Nothing like an injection of some very nasty reality to make you think. Those type situations force you to make a conscious choice, and people go one way or another.

But, personality and personal opinions have no place in the working environment in the military, so they shut up about it.

I know what you mean though, I knew he was atheist before I knew he was retired military, and I about fell off my chair. In my experience now, military folk are either very religious, or completely atheist. Extreme situations effect extreme positions.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
03-03-2012, 09:46 AM
You should of told them you were satanists.....that what I do when asked ha ha.

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
03-03-2012, 10:22 AM
(03-03-2012 09:05 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-03-2012 09:10 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Now that you're out of the closet it must be a relief to know that you can have sex with other atheists without having to hide it anymore.

Atheists can have sex? Oh, sure, now you tell me. Angry

I didn't know until just recently. Morondog keeps going on and on about it so I assumed it's true. I'm just not sure what to do with this information. Confused

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Summer field school in Africa ghostexorcist 50 881 19-07-2014 07:23 PM
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  My wife says I'm dyslexic Drunkin Druid 9 133 05-05-2014 01:49 PM
Last Post: Ferdinand
  School...running out of steam Anjele 7 198 03-12-2013 03:31 PM
Last Post: Mr Woof
  Help design my new book cover, win a free copy! (This guy again?) Buddy Christ 34 1,031 26-11-2013 05:17 PM
Last Post: Buddy Christ
  My cute little wife packed me a coconut for lunch. kingschosen 31 674 25-11-2013 04:04 PM
Last Post: ClydeLee
  Should the wife submit? guitarist 45 703 19-11-2013 02:32 PM
Last Post: Ohio Sky
  I wish this genius would have spoken at my school. So inspirational! LostandInsecure 5 274 16-11-2013 02:48 AM
Last Post: LostandInsecure