Wife having cosmetic Surgery

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2017, 02:28 PM
Wife having cosmetic Surgery
My wife just had cosmetic surgery today, a tummy tuck, lipo and breast lift. Seemed to be in surgery for about 8 hours. I've come down with something like "shingles" with a painful rash all over my face, hurts like hell. She went through weight loss surgery with gastric band, but her stomach prolapsed and it nearly killed her so after that was taken out, she put back on a ton of weight.

I'm concerned that this isn't about weight loss so she could put back on the weight. But, even with weight loss surgery, you end up with a sad, saggy, sorry mess in a lot of cases, which destroys confidence and pushes a person back to overeating. I don't know if there's an answer to this. Some people just are not able to stay fit, no matter what. Oh well, we shall see...

I feel pretty strung out to be honest, just from hanging around the hospital. Very nice doctor with a reputation as a perfectionist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deltabravo's post
11-11-2017, 02:35 PM
RE: Wife having cosmetic Surgery
Maybe all of this will give her the confidence she needs to keep going. I agree though, "fixing" yourself comes from within, if you just "fix" things on the outside, old habits/unwanted lifestyle choices can come back. I hope this is not the case for your wife and I hope her recovery is speedy and well. Heart

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
11-11-2017, 02:38 PM
Also I hope you feel better as well *hugs*

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
11-11-2017, 02:48 PM
Take good care of yourself. Hospitals under any circumstances are stressful. Is there anybody there who is willing to offer you any advice about your rash?

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
11-11-2017, 03:20 PM
I'm kinda fascinated by before and after plastic surgeries. I've seen some before and after surgeries that are amazing and the patients LOVE the results. Some of the most amazing differences are tummy tucks and lifting the saggy skin after weight loss. I don't see anything wrong with plastic surgery as long as the person isn't doing it to save their marriage or chase total perfection. Perfection doesn't exist in nature so don't expect it from cosmetic surgery. It should be a self esteem thing and feeling better about yourself and it sounds like that's what she's going for. Good luck to her.....and you!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
11-11-2017, 03:22 PM
(11-11-2017 02:28 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  My wife just had cosmetic surgery today, a tummy tuck, lipo and breast lift. Seemed to be in surgery for about 8 hours. I've come down with something like "shingles" with a painful rash all over my face, hurts like hell. She went through weight loss surgery with gastric band, but her stomach prolapsed and it nearly killed her so after that was taken out, she put back on a ton of weight.

I'm concerned that this isn't about weight loss so she could put back on the weight. But, even with weight loss surgery, you end up with a sad, saggy, sorry mess in a lot of cases, which destroys confidence and pushes a person back to overeating. I don't know if there's an answer to this. Some people just are not able to stay fit, no matter what. Oh well, we shall see...

I feel pretty strung out to be honest, just from hanging around the hospital. Very nice doctor with a reputation as a perfectionist.

I think she's fixing to step out on you. Big Grin

#sigh
11-11-2017, 03:32 PM
(11-11-2017 02:48 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Take good care of yourself. Hospitals under any circumstances are stressful. Is there anybody there who is willing to offer you any advice about your rash?

Thanks.

The plastic surgeon looked at it. He thinks it's a virus, Zoster herpes. It started a couple of months ago as a superficial rash on my cheek. It then erupted into large painful blisters on my upper lip and in my eyebrows as well as on the side of my face. They are now turning yellow with a crusty scab. I've tried anti-biotic cream and pills, anti-fungal creams, and now acyclovir.

I think it was set off by the sun, and then made worse by the dirt in the air, and maybe a skin infection on one of our dogs. The doctor said it was activated by the sun and it's a virus. I think it has to run it's course. I've also been under a lot of strain recently with some really crap legal problems over some property.

The corruption here doesn't help either and I have to think about the future and what my son is going to do in a few years. It may mean moving again... Stress!