Wife thinks the devil is real

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Wife thinks the devil is real
So. My two teenaged girls are going through teen aged girl crap. One made a really bad decision recently that we just found out about. We are in the process of dealing with that, but any way…..

Wife and I were alone going pick up pizza and discussion the situation and she firmly believes that this is all because I no longer want to take the family to church and it is the devil working on our kids. Of course I told her there is no boogie man and what our kids are going through is what all kids go through growing up. They all make bad decisions from time to time. In the middle of that she was no you do not understand the devil is real. She was also real insistent that we have to take our kids to some sort of church so they can be feed. I think she actually meant indoctrinated. At that point I got out the car and picked up our pizza.

When I got back in the car I was still frustrated. She wanted to know what I get mad when she says that. I just do not have the heart to tell her how pathetic it is that a grown up believes in that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
23-03-2014, 04:31 PM
RE: Wife thinks the devil is real
(23-03-2014 04:24 PM)wazzel Wrote:  So. My two teenaged girls are going through teen aged girl crap. One made a really bad decision recently that we just found out about. We are in the process of dealing with that, but any way…..

Wife and I were alone going pick up pizza and discussion the situation and she firmly believes that this is all because I no longer want to take the family to church and it is the devil working on our kids. Of course I told her there is no boogie man and what our kids are going through is what all kids go through growing up. They all make bad decisions from time to time. In the middle of that she was no you do not understand the devil is real. She was also real insistent that we have to take our kids to some sort of church so they can be feed. I think she actually meant indoctrinated. At that point I got out the car and picked up our pizza.

When I got back in the car I was still frustrated. She wanted to know what I get mad when she says that. I just do not have the heart to tell her how pathetic it is that a grown up believes in that.

The devil is not the problem here...teen-age girl hormones are the problem.

I don't know how you will deal with what is an obvious difference in beliefs on this one. I wish you the best, with everything.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-03-2014, 04:32 PM
Get her a copy of Dr. Elaine Pagels' (Princeton) "The Origins of Satan".
It helps to know were all the bs came from came from.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-03-2014, 05:05 PM
(23-03-2014 04:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-03-2014 04:24 PM)wazzel Wrote:  So. My two teenaged girls are going through teen aged girl crap. One made a really bad decision recently that we just found out about. We are in the process of dealing with that, but any way…..

The devil is not the problem here...teen-age girl hormones are the problem.

I don't know how you will deal with what is an obvious difference in beliefs on this one. I wish you the best, with everything.

It is just teens in general. Her partner in crime, so to speak, was a guy. Talking to other parents with slightly older teens that have been through similar crap. If my friends and I would have had the tech my kids have I can only imagine the trouble we would have been in.

Yea. Our difference in opinion on religion are starting to get bothersome. At some point I am going to have to fess up to being an atheist.
23-03-2014, 05:05 PM
(23-03-2014 04:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Get her a copy of Dr. Elaine Pagels' (Princeton) "The Origins of Satan".

I could, but I doubt she would read it. She is more of a bible study type reader.
23-03-2014, 06:30 PM
(23-03-2014 05:05 PM)wazzel Wrote:  
(23-03-2014 04:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Get her a copy of Dr. Elaine Pagels' (Princeton) "The Origins of Satan".

I could, but I doubt she would read it. She is more of a bible study type reader.

Pagels is a professor of religion. Ask her what she's afraid of.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
23-03-2014, 06:35 PM
Let her take the kids to church a few times.

Prepare your "I told you so" speech for when they continue to act the same way.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
23-03-2014, 08:04 PM
(23-03-2014 05:05 PM)wazzel Wrote:  Yea. Our difference in opinion on religion are starting to get bothersome. At some point I am going to have to fess up to being an atheist.

You know it's coming sooner or later, I would figure out how, when & where you want this conversation to take place and just do it. Better it be at a time you are prepared to have it, rather than an unprepared moment when other fires are needing attention.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
23-03-2014, 09:35 PM
(23-03-2014 08:04 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(23-03-2014 05:05 PM)wazzel Wrote:  Yea. Our difference in opinion on religion are starting to get bothersome. At some point I am going to have to fess up to being an atheist.

You know it's coming sooner or later, I would figure out how, when & where you want this conversation to take place and just do it. Better it be at a time you are prepared to have it, rather than an unprepared moment when other fires are needing attention.
I know it is coming Just finding a hard time finding a halfway decent time. Every time I think is a good time she get all worked up about my lack of interest in all things church related and I back down. I know it seems like that would be a good time, but when she is already worked up adding fuel to the fire is not a good thing.

Also, since we have been dealing with kid issues I do not need her freaking out on me. That would really be tough on the kids. I have one prone to self harm and the other will retreat into herself given a bit of mom issues and not resurface for months. They are fairly open to me about their dislike of religion so I am not at all worried about loosing them. My son who is a bit younger may take it hard.
23-03-2014, 09:50 PM
(23-03-2014 09:35 PM)wazzel Wrote:  
(23-03-2014 08:04 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  You know it's coming sooner or later, I would figure out how, when & where you want this conversation to take place and just do it. Better it be at a time you are prepared to have it, rather than an unprepared moment when other fires are needing attention.
I know it is coming Just finding a hard time finding a halfway decent time. Every time I think is a good time she get all worked up about my lack of interest in all things church related and I back down. I know it seems like that would be a good time, but when she is already worked up adding fuel to the fire is not a good thing.

Also, since we have been dealing with kid issues I do not need her freaking out on me. That would really be tough on the kids. I have one prone to self harm and the other will retreat into herself given a bit of mom issues and not resurface for months. They are fairly open to me about their dislike of religion so I am not at all worried about loosing them. My son who is a bit younger may take it hard.

Sounds to me like mom needs some help. Her emotions aren't having a good effect on the kids. Part of the kids' problems may be having a mom prone to 'freaking out'. Just a thought. She need to step up and take care of her own stuff so she can care for her kids...religion or not this doesn't sound healthy.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat