Wife wants me to have an open relationship

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2014, 02:03 PM
RE: Wife wants me to have an open relationship
I see red flags and hear "Danger, danger Will Robinson". That is, if you are interested in saving your relationship. Very few people seem to be able to pull off that kind of a deal over the long haul.

Though, I bet if she goes to see this old boyfriend, her memories will be much better than the current reality.

Good luck!

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
06-01-2014, 02:05 PM
Maybe you should experiment within the sexlife you have with her?

For me, there is nothing I enjoy more than going through sexshops with my girlfriend (or without a girlfriend).

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
06-01-2014, 02:05 PM
(06-01-2014 02:01 PM)DLJ Wrote:  If you do try an alternative supplier and it comes to confession time...

Alternative supplier?

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
06-01-2014, 02:08 PM
(06-01-2014 02:03 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I see red flags and hear "Danger, danger Will Robinson". That is, if you are interested in saving your relationship. Very few people seem to be able to pull off that kind of a deal over the long haul.

Though, I bet if she goes to see this old boyfriend, her memories will be much better than the current reality.

Good luck!

Yea I think this as well, although we do have our issues and in reality I dont think we're going to last much longer past the kids being grown up. Besides sex and comedy, we have very little in common.

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
06-01-2014, 02:12 PM
(06-01-2014 02:05 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 02:01 PM)DLJ Wrote:  If you do try an alternative supplier and it comes to confession time...

Alternative supplier?

Y'know what I mean. Don't get all coy.

06-01-2014, 02:16 PM
I've only slept with one guy before my current relationship, and I am fine with that despite him having more sexual partners in the past. And I feel no inclination to look around elsewhere, but I understand that's because I am with him through no obligation of any kind other than I want to be because I love him.

If a partner was to turn to me and ask whether or not I wanted to go with other guys, I would worry about the subtext of that question. Yea, I can imagine it's a get out for her to start seeing whoever she wanted guilt free. I think that to be with someone for sake of ease of life rather than because you really love them is not the best way to do things. You both obviously know the relationship is a dud, so for your sake, her sake and the sake of the kids (believe it or not) I think you should pursue your lives in terms of relationships away from one another, without being tied to one another. Open relationships work, but only among a select few. Personally, I couldn't see myself comfortable sharing someone like that. I guess these are things you need to work out.

You should both be happy in whatever relationship you choose Smile

"God is a thought who makes crooked all that is straight." - Nietzsche

You can follow/read my blog on religious text and things related at: http://alookatholytext.wordpress.com/
[+] 2 users Like SpaceMonkey's post
06-01-2014, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2014 03:56 PM by Anjele.)
I know this is the support section so don't attack...when I hear that someone wants an open relationship what I hear is...I found someone I want to have sex with someone else so you can do it too and then I won't be the guilty one.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
06-01-2014, 02:23 PM
Thank you SpaceMonkey, I really dont think it's going to work for my wife, i dont think she's not emotionally mature enough to deal with it but maybe the new year and all the reflecting she says she's been doing will do the trick.

And DLJ, I still have no idea what you're talking about, anyone care to translate?

[+] 1 user Likes djkamilo's post
06-01-2014, 02:26 PM
(06-01-2014 02:20 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I know this is the support section so don't attack...when I hear that someone wants an open relationship what I hear is...I found someone I want to have sex with so you can do it too and then I won't be the guilty one.

You might be right Anjele. The thing is that at this stage in our relationship, I really don't mind. Although I wish she was more honest if that's truly what she is thinking, which I think it is.

06-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Well my fingers are crossed that things work out the best it can for you! Smile

"God is a thought who makes crooked all that is straight." - Nietzsche

You can follow/read my blog on religious text and things related at: http://alookatholytext.wordpress.com/
[+] 1 user Likes SpaceMonkey's post