Wikileaks: Julian Assange arrest warrant arrives in UK

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2010, 07:49 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2010 07:54 AM by BnW.)
RE: Wikileaks: Julian Assange arrest warrant arrives in UK
Quote:2.The right-wing in the US is double standard. See the case around Scooter Libby. Assange should be executed but Scooter should just get a fine despite the fact that his actions were proven to have endangered 100 american operatives.

It's been proven that Libby's actions endangered 100 American operatives? Do you have a link to back that up?

Quote:3.The rape charges against him are ridiculous.They claim he had consensual sex with a woman but because he could not withdraw fast enough after the condom broke it's rape.

I've not really followed the details of the charges against him. Is that really what the claim is? I find that difficult to believe.
Ok, I just read the CNN article on his arrest in London. Per that article, the potential charges against him are one count of rape, two counts of sexual molestation and one count of unlawful coercion -- or illegal use of force.

I have no idea as to the validity of these charges, but those charges do not sound like a case of having consensual sex with a broken condom.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2010, 08:04 AM
BnW Wrote:I've not really followed the details of the charges against him. Is that really what the claim is? I find that difficult to believe.
mylink Wrote:“According to accounts the women gave to the police and friends, they each had consensual sexual encounters with mr. Assange that became nonconsensual. one woman said that mr. Assange had ignored her appeals to stop after a condom broke. The other woman said that she and mr. Assange had begun a sexual encounter using a condom, but that mr. Assange did not comply with her appeals to stop when it was no longer in use.”
http://www.westernoutlaw.com/julian-assa...bysurprise

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
07-12-2010, 10:04 AM

"To be clear, such disclosures put at risk our diplomats, intelligence professionals and people around the world who come to the United States for assistance in promoting democracy and open government," he said.

"These documents also may include named individuals who in many cases live and work under oppressive regimes and who are trying to create more open and free societies."

Gibbs said President Barack Obama supports open and accountable government, but the press secretary called the WikiLeaks action "reckless and dangerous" and counter to that goal.

"By releasing stolen and classified documents, WikiLeaks has put at risk not only the cause of human rights but also the lives and work of these individuals," Gibbs said.

"We condemn in the strongest terms the unauthorized disclosure of classified documents and sensitive national security information." (CBS News)

Every nation on earth has classified documents. It's unreasonable and irrational to imagine everyone in America and all the world, has a right to know what's going on everywhere that American interests are deployed or inserted into Diplomatic relations.

The hypocrisy in the matter is shocking. Thousands upon thousands of pages of classified documents were stolen from the Government database and that theft, that espionage, is applauded. While those documents stand to put at risk countless lives and compromise diplomatic relations the world over and that's applauded too, as is evident when Assange's supporters ignore all of that risk and the impact such multiple counts of theft afford nations and lives, because our right to know what puts all that at risk is paramount.

And many Assange supporters defend the espionage by saying it's never been proven those documents put anyone at risk. Untrue. But that doesn't matter to some, because at least the information is out there for all to read. From Al-Qaeda, to every other enemy America has. And what's defended in saying it's not really proven to put anyone at risk, is because no bodies have yet been found, no one has yet been murdered (Or have they?) bearing the name(s) of any one of those people in those stolen documents.

And to think the Rosenberg's were executed for less, while everyone at that time said they deserved it.

The morality pardon, is extraordinary. Espionage approved. National and personal security, inconsequential.

We truly have lost our way.
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:It's been proven that Libby's actions endangered 100 American operatives? Do you have a link to back that up?

I made a mistake.
He exposed an american CIA operative Valerie E. Wilson (aka "Valerie Plame") and endangered ALL contacts available to her.

News coverage:
http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/...index.html

Court documents:
http://www.justice.gov/usao/iln/osc/exhi...index.html

Charges:
http://www.justice.gov/usao/iln/osc/docu...102005.pdf

Presidential commutation of sentence:
http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.g...702-4.html

John "Scooter" Libby Background
http://web.archive.org/web/2005021114161...v/8488.htm

I admit I made a mistake in reporting the facts.See the info above.
But the idea still stands.The right wing hate whistle-blowers yet they offer pardons to people who served on their own staff-that's double standard.
07-12-2010, 03:41 PM

The problem is that even if he does stand trial I doubt it would be a fair one (the powers that be will shut this guy up so they can go on murdering and looting). And the fact that these charges surface immediately after he releases the diplomatic cables is suspicious. I wouldn't be surprised if these women are on CIA payrolls.

But, as of yet, I'm just a flaming leftist who has no evidence. Regardless over whether or not Assange goes to jail, I think it would be an atrocity if this type of organization is shut down.

Absolutely no one has become endangered and in fact, Assange notifies people who may be in danger before he leaks these things so they can take the necessary precautions.

I don't care about the man. If he's a rapist, great (or not so great). But if these rape charges are faulty and used against him to shut him, and more importantly, his organization up, I will be very angry.

But, not that it matters. There was literally no media attention put towards the Iraq and Afghanistan leaks, which had corroborating evidence for war crimes. The media swarmed on the diplomatic cables because it was easy to attack Assange and throw is character into question because these leaks may have negative ramifications for diplomacy. The American people believe what you shove up their assholes. Nobody is concerned about the criminal actions of previous and current administrations. Nobody gives a shit and it makes me angry beyond my mind that this is so. Nothing will ever be done and this will just slide, like every administration before it. When will someone stand up and say enough is enough and when will the American people stop gorging themselves on McDoubles and wasting hours at the mall buying shit they don't need to actually care, actually care, about this stuff?
07-12-2010, 04:20 PM

I'd challenge for proof as to Assange contacting everyone to warn them, if their name was contained in the thousands upon thousands of stolen documents he has in his custody, before those documents were published to his website. Sounds an awful lot like there's no evidence of that, while proof of his putting peoples lives in danger in publishing those documents to the world, exists on Assange's own site.

As for the rest of the anti-American hate filled diatribe TruthAddict levy's against America and her people, there's really nothing to say as the hate speaks for itself and as such there's no need to address it any further.

WikiLeaks: Catch me and I will drop a bomb of data, Assange warns

WikiLeaks founder Assange arrested in Britain
By RAPHAEL G. SATTER | AP

Published: Dec 7, 2010

LONDON:
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange surrendered to London police Tuesday as part of a Swedish sex-crimes investigation, the latest blow to an organization that faces legal, financial and technological challenges after releasing hundreds of secret US diplomatic cables. (Continues)
07-12-2010, 05:21 PM

Raise my hand, anyone that's surprised by this one. Tongue

Judge denies WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange bail *Includes Video*
10-12-2010, 04:33 PM
As far as I know there's a war in Cyberspace right now.
Hackers are attacking wikileaks and OTHER hackers are attacking Visa, the Swedish Government , Amazon etc.

To quote you yanks : " the S*** has hit the fan" !!! Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Assange granted Asylum bemore 28 1,441 23-08-2012 09:55 AM
Last Post: Hafnof
  Amnesty International To Arrest Bush? lucradis 14 1,393 20-10-2011 06:30 AM
Last Post: Azaraith
  WikiLeaks: Hackers humble MasterCard; IT firm threatens to sue Visa Europe GassyKitten 12 988 10-12-2010 04:15 PM
Last Post: BnW
  Why Some on the Internet Are Starting to Wonder—Is WikiLeaks for Real? GassyKitten 0 238 07-12-2010 04:32 PM
Last Post: GassyKitten