Wikleaks makes tweet about collating sensitive info on all "verified" Twitter users

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2017, 10:55 PM
RE: Wikleaks makes tweet about collating sensitive info on all "verified" Twitter users
(08-01-2017 08:45 PM)cactus Wrote:  Collecting and redistributing info like that on a specific person could definitely break Twitter's harassment policy in certain situations, though.

Why would wikileaks care what twitter thinks lol. This doesn't require twitters approval.

Anyway, I think it's a good idea.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2017, 11:22 PM
RE: Wikleaks makes tweet about collating sensitive info on all "verified" Twitter users
(08-01-2017 10:54 PM)BryanS Wrote:  This is just one example of why it is helpful for a real journalist to have an editor's pen and to show discretion in what material to publish. Wikileaks is a blind and unthinking organization that releases anything and everything regardless of the consequences. That is just as irresponsible as it is that traditional journalists withhold information based on their political point of view filter.

Oh they are not blind and are very biased. Julian Assange is on record as stating "Russia doesn't need Wikileaks because of the robust political discussion there" and they follow the tactics Putin has used to silence any dissent threats of exposing all privacy for anyone who dares speak against them.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
09-01-2017, 12:40 AM
(08-01-2017 10:55 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(08-01-2017 08:45 PM)cactus Wrote:  Collecting and redistributing info like that on a specific person could definitely break Twitter's harassment policy in certain situations, though.

Why would wikileaks care what twitter thinks lol. This doesn't require twitters approval.

Why?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
09-01-2017, 03:44 AM
Assange is a twatwaffle, and worse yet, a puppet. He's a lemon, to be squeezed of juice, and once dry, Putin will drop him to the ground.
09-01-2017, 04:55 AM
(08-01-2017 10:55 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  

I'm assuming Wikileaks is trying not to have their Twitter handle suspended. Maybe that's too much to assume. lol

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
09-01-2017, 05:24 PM
RE: Wikleaks makes tweet
The only use that I have for Twitter is the fact that I can now find what 3 AM tweet rampage the president-defect has gone on courtesy of auto-complete simply by typing "twit".

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
09-01-2017, 05:44 PM
(09-01-2017 05:24 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  president-defect

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post