Will Abbott be out to Turnbull?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2015, 10:02 AM
RE: Will Abbott be out to Turnbull?
(14-09-2015 09:56 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 08:54 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Yep, Abbot was shitcanned. As a side note; I tell you, those Wikipedia editors are fast with this stuff.

I hope that things start improving with this shift; you know, maybe get something fucking done this year? I refuse to get my hopes too high; this is Australia we're talking about...

Never doubt Aussies. Do you know that during WWII we designed built and flew a fighter plane in 3 months when threatened by the Japanese. 3 months!!!

[Image: COMMONWEALTH%20BOOMERANG.JPG]

Wartime abilities from the 1940's aside, I choose to remain doubtful that there is any real good, or even change, to come of this. If I am wrong, I'll stand corrected. If I'm right, we'll be in the same position as the last few years, and all will continue to be wrong with the world.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2015, 04:25 PM
(14-09-2015 10:02 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Wartime abilities from the 1940's aside, I choose to remain doubtful that there is any real good, or even change, to come of this. If I am wrong, I'll stand corrected. If I'm right, we'll be in the same position as the last few years, and all will continue to be wrong with the world.

Well at least Abbott is gone. Perhaps things like gulags and climate change will be dealt with in a mature manner. That the politics of fear mongering may cease.

The political landscape is bleak with nobody of any real vision appears on the horizon. But I remain positive in that young people such as your good self inspire me to hope for a bright future. That Australia is "The lucky country" is something I believe. Having spent my life working all around it I have met many amazing people and seen great things, even though we retain a provincial mind set in many ways

I wonder how this lack of vision was created and think Abbott's politics of attack attack and negativity has wrought great damage upon us. The average Australian hardly believes in climate change as a result, especially out in the suburbs.

Nevertheless, this country has achieved a great deal in a very short span of time. Australian's are tough. They will recover. We survived the GFC when everywhere else fell to it. Although that was a sensible Labor government. A pity the leader allowed the rapture that followed Howard's departure go to his head. So we have successively had two Prime Minister's in a row toppled by their own parties.

No wonder people are unsure in that political climate. We await the future to see what becomes of this turmoil.

Me, I am hoping for the best, but that is my nature and I may be horribly wrong. Let's hope not.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
15-09-2015, 07:46 AM
For a few terrible hours I was wondering if Scott Morrison would put his name forward on the right and Julie Bishop would step forward as well to split the vote making Morrison PM. His name was being put forward pretty seriously about a month ago.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
17-09-2015, 05:28 PM
A perspective from Taiwan.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
17-09-2015, 06:31 PM
That was great! How'd you find it?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
17-09-2015, 09:46 PM
So.. with Mr Abbot being rolled when he was... the Liberal party has saved the Australian a lot of money since Mr Abbot will not rescieve a PM's pension.

Now, all we have to do is not vote Turnbull in next election and we've saved some more money. Smile

I like this plan. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
17-09-2015, 09:50 PM
(17-09-2015 09:46 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  So.. with Mr Abbot being rolled when he was... the Liberal party has saved the Australian a lot of money since Mr Abbot will not rescieve a PM's pension.

Now, all we have to do is not vote Turnbull in next election and we've saved some more money. Smile

I like this plan. Big Grin

Yeah my fear is that thick Aussies will vote for Turnbull.

Did you see that idiot Aussie xian who was here last night?

It was like a kick in the head with a footie boot.

Banjo.
18-09-2015, 05:09 AM
(17-09-2015 06:31 PM)Banjo Wrote:  That was great! How'd you find it?

This one came my way via facebook, but the group is pretty famous for creating quirky simple explanations of various current events and have covered a number of Australian political events in the past: https://www.youtube.com/user/NMAWorldEdi...=australia

Here is a Rudd/Gilliard classic that reminds us why we loved Abbott in the first place. Or something:

[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
18-09-2015, 05:16 AM
I always hated Abbott.

Banjo.
18-09-2015, 05:20 AM
Brilliant. I voted for the sex party. Smile

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post