Poll: Will America become a fascist regime?
Yes
No
Our consitution is strong
[Show Results]

Will America become a fascist regime?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2016, 01:54 AM
RE: Will America become a fascist regime?
(10-11-2016 01:19 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 12:55 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Chas, with ALL due respect I entirely disagree. Change happens fast and with shock. There are too many historical instances to name here.

Change can happen fast, whether it will or not depends on Trump. Trump is largely incompetent and all he probably wants to do is swagger around on air force one without doing any real work. But Pence is the VP, will be doing both domestic and foreign policy and Pence is an ideologue. That's bad.

Maybe Trump will crumble because this will be far harder than anything he's ever done before. Maybe it will just turn to shit really fast because he can't read and doesn't think through any of the ideas and then tries to change the system to make it easier for himself but suffering from Dunning Kruger he carries on regardless. That would be bad.

Trump and Pence will almost certainly fall out as Trump ends up hating all his employees and Pence will resent Trump taking credit for everything and him getting the blame while Pence gets ordered around like a minion.

Will Pence fight Trump all the way with nothing getting done or will he manipulate Trump into getting what he wants?

Agreed 100%.

People forget history at their cost.

Remember 20–21 August 1968 Chas?

I was born in 64. That is not that long ago in political terms.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2016, 02:51 AM
(10-11-2016 01:54 AM)Banjo Wrote:  ...
I was born in '64.

All the best people were.

Yes

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
10-11-2016, 02:56 AM
(10-11-2016 02:51 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 01:54 AM)Banjo Wrote:  ...
I was born in '64.

All the best people were.

Yes

I have a fondness for 64, but it's not what you're thinking.

[Image: jHzuw3V.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-11-2016, 04:32 PM
(09-11-2016 10:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  The panic is premature. ..
I'm not terribly optimistic, but it is not yet time to run around screaming that the sky is falling.

Addendum: If Ben Carson is appointed Secretary of Education it will be time to panic. Gasp

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
10-11-2016, 05:27 PM
(10-11-2016 04:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 10:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  The panic is premature. ..
I'm not terribly optimistic, but it is not yet time to run around screaming that the sky is falling.

Addendum: If Ben Carson is appointed Secretary of Education it will be time to panic. Gasp

Yes, I'm far more concerned about who will surround him than him.

Giuliani or christy would be horrible for attorney general for us pot legalized states. Trump has been incredibly vague on recreational marijuana. Remember, obama vowed and signed an order to not interfere. All trump needs to do is tear it up and it's game over. I'm not so optimistic for medical marijuana, if either of those two becomes attorney general -- I'm afraid they will use influence to convince trump it's got to go.

Giuliani had cancer patients arrested and procecuted in NYC for marijuana use. His stance hasn't evolved at all.

Newt Gingrich expects something too.

The one that is floated to be head of the EPA is a climate change denier...

This is what worries me across the board.

As far as a trump presidency I'm not overly concerned, having no political experience isn't a good thing for him. He's already surrounded himself with conservative loonies....

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-11-2016, 05:38 PM
We will be laughed at by the entire world.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 3 users Like Shadow Fox's post
10-11-2016, 05:46 PM
(10-11-2016 05:38 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  We will be laughed at by the entire world.

I can think of a few fates worse than being laughed at. Dodgy

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
10-11-2016, 05:48 PM
(10-11-2016 05:38 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  We will be laughed at by the entire world.

Too late. That began with W. Obama was respected. Trump is worse than W.

I would say with some confidence that America now ranks as the country held mostly by the rest of the planet with contempt.

There is no return from contempt. Unless something extraordinary happens.

To those with guns, well, what are you waiting for?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
02-02-2017, 04:40 PM
Well, when defining Fascist or Fascism by goggle it comes up with.

Fascist: Associated with Fascism
Fascism: an authoritarian and nationalistic right-wing system of government and social organization

Noted that they say 'right wing'. Considering that only the right wing system can be corrupted. I'm not taking politic sides here, Democrats have done things horrible. Hillary vs Trump is one of these things. And the Republicans are not clean either, in fact they have more dirt then the Democrats.

However, Fascist leaders do plenty of things, one being they control the outlet of source material in order to keep the power. Lying and manipulating all forms of information would fall under this. Both the right and left do this, but notice the definition only quotes as the 'right wing' being the only ones that do this. Don't get me wrong the right wingers do this too much to count. But you have to remember by definition the ones who wrote this definition are 'controlling forms of information'

Kind of scary when you think about it that way.

Another would be all the examples of Hitler and Mussolini. These are good examples. But remember control can happen any where, even in the nicest of people and places you'll find some form of corruption. These people were Fascist but in two different ways.
Hitler for one didn't want to deal with foreign polices as he with drew Germany form the league of nations.
Mussolini was very open for foreign polices and seeked opportunities in it.

Though both rose the power the same way, and same racist ideology, Fascist people come in all shapes and sizes. Using only two main examples of men who had some things in common and some things opposite isn't a way to say 'Yes or No' to American being or becoming Fascist.

List according to Wikipedia of Fascist leaders: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fascist_movements
Not the best sight, but here is another sight: http://departments.kings.edu/history/20c/fascism.html

As you can see many countries have faced different forms of Fascist leaders.

So, conclusion, possibility of America becoming Fascist: Very likely even the best of nations have faced this at some point in history.
Possibility of it being Right wing parity: Likely also.
Possibility of it being Left wing part: Likely also.
An even 50 -50 on that, no one is without that one asshat who takes all the power for themselves 'Absolute power corrupts absolutely.'

Though the idea of Trump being a fascist leader, by all his speeches, the people who back him up, and comparison to other fascist leaders. It's scary to say it's possible.
To summaries without another long explanation (LOL) he blames a group of people and out right shows a racist ideology. He tries to control forms of information (One such being silencing evidence for climate change) briefly shows that the use of military is a way to dominate a race EX: bombing the middle east for 'ISIS' when we have no idea who is ISIS and who isn't. (Vietnam people, we didn't know our enemy). And finally, by that second link I gave you, 'our race is better then your race' idea is shown in his speeches.

Keep in mind this, you wouldn't know we had a Fascist leader until it's too late. Because Fascism is designed to get by unnoticed until the damage has been done. It happened with these other countries and nations and it could happen to America.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
[+] 1 user Likes Ruby Crystal's post
02-02-2017, 05:22 PM
(09-11-2016 09:44 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  There will be no Adolf Trump dictatorship.
The political system as well as the economy is far better off than it was in Italy/Germany in the (late) 20s. I could begin with the fact that from the start in 1919 the Democracy of Weimar was exteremely unpopular amongst the population.

I tend to agree, though largely because Trump is far less competent than Hitler was.

That said, there are more ways to create a good fascist state than simple economics. If we end up with a major terrorist strike on US soil, god forbid they finally get their hands on a nuke, then you'll see a lot of people willing to exchange freedom for security. With Trump distracting security toward the Mexican border that scenario becomes more and more likely.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.