Poll: Will America become a fascist regime?
Yes
No
Our consitution is strong
[Show Results]

Will America become a fascist regime?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2017, 02:38 PM
RE: Will America become a fascist regime?
(04-02-2017 07:17 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I think you're overestimating the speed and shock of change here.

No, I am not.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2017, 08:57 PM
RE: Will America become a fascist regime?
(04-02-2017 07:17 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 12:55 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Chas, with ALL due respect I entirely disagree. Change happens fast and with shock. There are too many historical instances to name here.

Because of the nature of our national structure, split into fifty states with much governmental power devolved to that level, I think you're overestimating the speed and shock of change here. History may repeat itself, but it isn't ineluctable, and it does not ignore the differences that distinguish countries and people.
Out institutions are strong, but not invincible or immune to chronic abuse. They rely on a general commitment to civil discourse and the rule of law, which are now being more actively and crassly undermined than ever before.

This is not just another Republitard aministration like Hillary would have been another Dem elitist administration. This is a whole different beast when you have an ignorant child who berates Nordstrom for not buying his daughter's wares and rages against judges who don't give him carte blanche to do as he pleases. These things lead to thuggery, gangsterism and constitutional crises -- and yes, it can happen very quickly. Look at what has already been normalized in less than a month since the inauguration.

Today a PA legislator called trump a "fascist loofah-faced shit-gibbon" for threatening to ruin the career of a fellow opponent of asset forfeiture, and I actually cheered. That legislator is my new hero. This is what it has come to: a President who understands nothing but his own wounded dignity, against whom the only effective countermeasure is to get down in the mud with him and beat him at his own game.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post