Will Atheism outgrow Islam?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2012, 06:05 PM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2012 07:42 PM by pppgggr.)
Will Atheism outgrow Islam?
Both the Atheist and Islamic Populations of the world are rising rapidly. A massive chunk of Europe's population is Islamic. If both sides continue growing at the rate they are now, do you think that Islam will become the predominant system of Global Beliefs, or will Secularism take hold? With the catholic Church having stated that Islam Membership has surpassed theirs, I'm becoming Skeptical that we will prevail. What d'you guys think?

[Image: 8ffeae9d.jpg]
Credit to Atothetheist
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pppgggr's post
27-09-2012, 07:57 PM
RE: Will Atheism outgrow Islam?
A massive chunk of Europe is Islamic because the Muslims simply migrate there.

Nobody is actively becoming a Muslim, people are actively becoming Atheist.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
27-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Muffs, you are a voice rising from the darkness!
27-09-2012, 10:53 PM
(27-09-2012 07:57 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  A massive chunk of Europe is Islamic because the Muslims simply migrate there.

Nobody is actively becoming a Muslim, people are actively becoming Atheist.

But the Muslims that DO Migrate there generally have more children than the original residents.

[Image: 8ffeae9d.jpg]
Credit to Atothetheist
28-09-2012, 12:39 AM
(27-09-2012 08:34 PM)depat Wrote:  Muffs, you are a voice rising from the darkness!

I am not sure what you mean by this.
If you imply that I am some sort of devilish being rising up to seek control of this world and enslave all of man kind, well then I think you're right on the money with that one, but don't tell anyone. People tend to get a bit twitchy if they know you're about to enslave them and force them into hard labor for your own devilish devices.

Quote:But the Muslims that DO Migrate there generally have more children than the original residents.

Yea but that's a cultural thing.
100 years ago Americans were popping out children left right and center too.
Hell, my dad is 1 of 8 children and that was normal of the time. Today, 1 or 2 is the norm.

The ones having all the children are like 40 or whatever and it's in their culture.
Their kids will grow up today in today's Europe and when they have kids because they've been brought up in a different culture will have less kids.

And again, nobody is actively becoming Muslim, people are actively becoming Atheist.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
28-09-2012, 03:56 AM
On a longer perspective view the key of the muslim-problem is woman-education and woman-employment.
If a woman can chose, being pregnat forever or making money to have a better life for the children and themselfs, i guess, they give that issue a second thought.
But we have to provide and support them, for a long time, regardless of the setbacks.
If they loose on of their sex-household-children-producing-machine-slaves, we will win a person, who can stand up and had have the insight to break the system.
Yes, i think women are the solution to the issue.

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.
[+] 1 user Likes Marco Krieger's post
28-09-2012, 05:36 AM
No. Atheism is not a positive belief system but rather a counter to one. People make much of consciousness and have a desire to be special, but having a thinker doesn't mean people actually think. Most prefer not, ergo religion.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-09-2012, 08:45 AM
(28-09-2012 05:36 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  No. Atheism is not a positive belief system but rather a counter to one. People make much of consciousness and have a desire to be special, but having a thinker doesn't mean people actually think. Most prefer not, ergo religion.
Johnny is correct. Without religion, there would be no atheism.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
28-09-2012, 09:57 AM
(28-09-2012 08:45 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(28-09-2012 05:36 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  No. Atheism is not a positive belief system but rather a counter to one. People make much of consciousness and have a desire to be special, but having a thinker doesn't mean people actually think. Most prefer not, ergo religion.
Johnny is correct. Without religion, there would be no atheism.
I disagree. Atheism is the belief that there is no god. It is both a belief system and a counter to one. Without religion, everyone would be an atheist (or possibly agnostic - I'm not sure about that one Consider ).

Silence is only golden when it's not synonymous with a failure to speak out against injustice.

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." --Gene Roddenberry
28-09-2012, 10:09 AM
(28-09-2012 09:57 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(28-09-2012 08:45 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Johnny is correct. Without religion, there would be no atheism.
I disagree. Atheism is the belief that there is no god. It is both a belief system and a counter to one. Without religion, everyone would be an atheist (or possibly agnostic - I'm not sure about that one Consider ).

Atheism=lack of Belief, that means NO BELIEFE at all.
World without Religion=World without knowing anything about god=no atheism developed in the first place.
If no religion developed, how will you stand in opposition to something that not existed?

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.
[+] 1 user Likes Marco Krieger's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  One question that completely refutes atheism diddo97 146 2,492 Today 08:52 PM
Last Post: CiderThinker
  Approaching the Atheism/Theism convo w. someone smileXsmileXsmile 9 207 Today 08:14 AM
Last Post: smileXsmileXsmile
  How Far can You Stretch Atheism? Mr. Slave 4 137 16-07-2014 11:33 AM
Last Post: Mr. Slave
  Atheism and the Conversion Factors 5senses 47 1,739 15-07-2014 10:40 AM
Last Post: goodwithoutgod
  what is Islam?!!! Heidi 10 157 30-06-2014 05:30 PM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  The Worst Religion is Islam? Dark Light 54 888 28-06-2014 11:57 AM
Last Post: Drunkin Druid
  Is atheism in Sweden declining Jazki21 1 129 27-06-2014 10:10 AM
Last Post: DLJ