Will God Ever Die?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2013, 04:10 PM
Will God Ever Die?
Some people (not naming any names) claimed that God was dead. The Age of Enlightenment was supposed supposed to bring about the death of God, but he seems to be kicking about almost as much as ever, so my question is, will he ever die? What would ensure his death (aside from our extinction)? Do our brains need to evolve a bit? Would enough knowledge about the Cosmos do him in? What will it take? Is God gonna live as long as humans do?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2013, 05:07 PM
RE: Will God Ever Die?
*assumes an atheistic mindset*

As long as there are things that humans can't explain things or do not know, there will be a god of some sort.

Since people do not know what happens after death, people will believe in a god for comfort while on this earth.

As for the Christian God, no... He will never die. There are some things that are too ingrained in humanity. If He was going to disappear, it would have been done in the early centuries when data, information, and beliefs were not easily shared.

Now that we live in an information saturated world, the Christian God will always have traction because the belief has the endless ability to reach people.

*ends atheistic mindset*

lol, I've been hanging around here too long... that sounds like a pretty good atheist... man, I would be an awesome double spy.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
17-08-2013, 05:30 PM
I wrote for my audience. That's the first lesson every student learns.

17-08-2013, 05:32 PM
I suspect he will pass with time, such as zeus did, and dana, etc.....as more and more people become educated and move away from human infancy.
17-08-2013, 05:53 PM
who knows?

for sure, it will not die soon. As for the distant future... nobody knows! Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
17-08-2013, 05:56 PM
(17-08-2013 05:32 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I suspect he will pass with time, such as zeus did, and dana, etc.....as more and more people become educated and move away from human infancy.

Yabut, I didn't saw Christian God.

17-08-2013, 06:00 PM
(17-08-2013 05:56 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(17-08-2013 05:32 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I suspect he will pass with time, such as zeus did, and dana, etc.....as more and more people become educated and move away from human infancy.

Yabut, I didn't saw Christian God.

Neither did I
17-08-2013, 06:03 PM
I thought there was a significant amount of Catholics who already believed Him to be dead. That might have been a joke I heard, though!

17-08-2013, 06:09 PM
No. Faith is inherent in the human condition. If you're referring to "the Christian god," he's already dead... he's all Jesus now. Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
17-08-2013, 06:11 PM
(17-08-2013 06:09 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  No. Faith is inherent in the human condition. If you're referring to "the Christian god," he's already dead... he's all Jesus now. Dodgy

Your vote goes to evolution then?