Will I be spending eternity with Bin Ladin?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2011, 06:55 AM
Will I be spending eternity with Bin Ladin?
My latest:

http://centersolid.blogspot.com/2011/05/...-hell.html

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2011, 09:27 AM
RE: Will I be spending eternity with Bin Ladin?
OK - so nothing? no reaction at all Sad

Did I swing and miss altogether?

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
03-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Sorry, I saw this post before school and thought "I'll read it after I get home", but then YouTube happened and I all but forgot.

I know it's not a popular stance(at least in the core of rural Arizona), but I don't believe in revenge for the sake of revenge. If the only thing to come out of hurting another human being, no matter what they did, is simply the pain itself, I reject it as good and moral. Punishment can be a determent to future crimes, or as a way to try to rehabilitate, or whatever. With that idea being applied to Hell, I think once the fear of death has been shown as a punishment for the worst of crimes, that would suffice as a determent, and there's obviously no way to rehabilitate a corpse. So Hell would be over-kill in my eyes(Ha! pun).

That's not even touching what you talked about; how god decides who goes to heaven, and who goes to hell. I've noticed a trend throughout time. We like to say more and more people will go to heaven. A few hundred years ago, it was common knowledge those heathen Indians will burn, but now if a person has never heard of Jesus, then that's not their fault, god can't send them to hell. Unbaptized babies? A few hundred years ago, that was why they needed to be dunked ASAP. But now? They have to hit a certain age before they are edible for hell. I've heard that humans don't go to Hell at all, that we go to Hell for a little while then Heaven, that we have the chance to repent and become good little Christians after we die and come face to face with God, ect, ect... I'm, of course, generalizing the Christian views of the times. There are people who go farther, and others who don't go that far.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
03-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Someone left a comment on the article and put up a youtube link that I'd never seen before. It was made in 2009, so many people here may have already seen it, but I thought it was fantastic! I'm actually jealous that this guy so eloquently voices what I struggle to write...but that's beside the point. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iClejS8vWjo

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
03-05-2011, 08:55 PM
(03-05-2011 07:29 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  Someone left a comment on the article and put up a youtube link that I'd never seen before. It was made in 2009, so many people here may have already seen it, but I thought it was fantastic! I'm actually jealous that this guy so eloquently voices what I struggle to write...but that's beside the point. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iClejS8vWjo

That was beautiful. I've never seen it before but I'm glad I just did. Very eloquently expressed common thoughts within the atheist community.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
03-05-2011, 09:23 PM
I shared that video a while back when I started posting in the forum. It's flawless logic, really.

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.