Will Kasich drop out next?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2016, 10:36 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2016 10:40 AM by Tomasia.)
RE: Will Kasich drop out next?
I'm confused about one aspect, if the two stayed in, would Trump likely have been able to get the necessary delegates, rather than a contested convention? Is that why they both dropped out?

*I think i found the answer, which is yes.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2016, 10:40 AM
(04-05-2016 10:11 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 10:00 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Huh? Obviously must be a joking bit. Because of course there's a mass of other races on the Republican tickets. Do you vote or just exist in a quick vote state. Yes candidate names last on the ballot despite dropping out.

I voted in Florida so I wasn't sure how it works. I meant specifically for the GOP nomination. There are no other candidates. My question was do the remaining states vote if their are no other candidates on the ballot except Trump?
Candidates aren't swiftly taken off future ballots when they drop out. They already did that whole process to get on abd the ballots are written out.

I had O'malley on my ballot in early April and he dropped out in February. Idk maybe when candidates "suspend" the campaign as the term it grants them to remain on but ballots usually have lingerers on.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
04-05-2016, 10:40 AM
(04-05-2016 10:36 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I'm confused about one aspects, if the two stayed in, would Trump likely have been able to get the necessary delegates, rather than a contested convention? Is that why they both dropped out?
Trump only needed less than 200 more delegates. After Indiana, he couldn't be stopped.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
04-05-2016, 12:11 PM
(04-05-2016 10:40 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 10:11 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I voted in Florida so I wasn't sure how it works. I meant specifically for the GOP nomination. There are no other candidates. My question was do the remaining states vote if their are no other candidates on the ballot except Trump?
Candidates aren't swiftly taken off future ballots when they drop out. They already did that whole process to get on abd the ballots are written out.

I had O'malley on my ballot in early April and he dropped out in February. Idk maybe when candidates "suspend" the campaign as the term it grants them to remain on but ballots usually have lingerers on.

I went with Santorum.

#sigh