Will Trump get rid of separation of church and state?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2016, 01:26 PM
Will Trump get rid of separation of church and state?
I'm really afraid this is going to happen and all the hard work we have done will get flushed down the toilet.

America will no longer be a secular nation.

I'm not sure how much more I can take of this. Someone please...give me hope that there will still be an future for us atheists and secular communities.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2016, 01:29 PM
RE: Will Trump get rid of separation of church and state?
No, he won't be able to make good on any of his unconstitutional promises and that will only infuriate his followers more.

I hope that means they see him as a failure and stop supporting him and his ilk. But what if it emboldens them to vote for even more conservative candidates in the future so that they maintain a stronger control on congress? If they maintain enough control long enough, they could certainly start fucking with things like separation of church and state.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
09-11-2016, 01:39 PM
I think the very first things on their agenda:
- end Obamacare
- overturn Roe v. Wade (or make it damn near impossible to get a safe abortion)
- more tax breaks for corporations and BIG earners
- fund the fuck out of the military
[+] 5 users Like ShadowProject's post
09-11-2016, 01:41 PM
(09-11-2016 01:39 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I think the very first things on their agenda:
- end Obamacare
- overturn Roe v. Wade (or make it damn near impossible to get a safe abortion)
- more tax breaks for corporations and BIG earners
- fund the fuck out of the military

-fund the fuck out of the military and invade Syria or Iraq again or something of that nature. They will put boots on the ground somewhere and send more Americans to die

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
09-11-2016, 01:42 PM
5. Defund the fuck out of education and social services of any kind -- if you're not rich and white and healthy and Christian, fuck you.

6. Nuclear war (that's not on the agenda, but all it will take is for Herr Drumpf to be having a bad day).
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post
09-11-2016, 01:52 PM
I'd suggest that the tactic of cultural conversion is the most effective way to create long lasting change.

Example 1: Many of the people in my unit were apprehensive about allowing women into combat arms. We got our first in spite of their complaints. They weren't happy about it, but she proved herself reliable, dispelled their myths, and became accepted as an integral part of our unit. Now if someone were to try and revert the law to the way it was and have her kicked out, they'd raise hell and stand up for her even though they might not have even a year ago.

Example 2: I have a Syrian friend and recent immigrant who is paranoid of all the rednecks he's heard so much about. I have a bunch of redneck friends who are paranoid about all the perceived terrorists flooding through the borders. I take my Syrian friend to the range, meet the redneck friends there, and we all spend a day blowing shit up and having fun rather than focusing on our stereotypes. Everyone walks away just a little more enlightened.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 7 users Like yakherder's post
09-11-2016, 02:20 PM
(09-11-2016 01:26 PM)nerwin Wrote:  I'm not sure how much more I can take of this. Someone please...give me hope that there will still be an future for us atheists and secular communities.

Trump's at least areligious if not an outright atheist. Does that help?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-11-2016, 02:34 PM
(09-11-2016 01:42 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  5. Defund the fuck out of education and social services of any kind -- if you're not rich and white and healthy and Christian, fuck you.

6. Nuclear war (that's not on the agenda, but all it will take is for Herr Drumpf to be having a bad day).

Exactly, keep people stupid, keep them believing the earth is 6000 years old.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
09-11-2016, 02:56 PM
(09-11-2016 02:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 01:26 PM)nerwin Wrote:  I'm not sure how much more I can take of this. Someone please...give me hope that there will still be an future for us atheists and secular communities.

Trump's at least areligious if not an outright atheist. Does that help?

There really isn't any proof though. I mean, he even said this is a Christian nation!

Apparently he never said God Bless America which is odd.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
09-11-2016, 02:59 PM
He is a narcissist. He IS god.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post