Will Trump get rid of separation of church and state?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2016, 03:00 PM
RE: Will Trump get rid of separation of church and state?
I kind of feel like a bad person for being an atheist.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2016, 03:01 PM
(09-11-2016 02:56 PM)nerwin Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 02:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Trump's at least areligious if not an outright atheist. Does that help?

There really isn't any proof though. I mean, he even said this is a Christian nation!

Apparently he never said God Bless America which is odd.

"Two Corinthians" instead of "Second Corinthians" is pretty much a dead giveaway that he ain't done much Bibble study. Trump said what he needed to get elected. Trump, like Girly, realizes he is God. Unlike Girly, he fails to realize so is everybody else.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
09-11-2016, 03:46 PM
Keep one thing in mind.

He's a lying assed politician....

ALL politicians will make outrageous promises, to get elected. Don't think for a second that the other side wasn't blowing smoke up your ass as well as Trump.

When you know that -- you come to the realization that you have NO idea what to expect from any of these fuckers, once they get voted in.

Maybe he'll be good, maybe bad.

Trying to guess ahead of time, the reality of what any elected official will do once in office is an exercise in futility -- trying to guess, by virtue of the politician's political affiliation is beyond futile -- it's bone crushingly stupid.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
09-11-2016, 03:52 PM
(09-11-2016 03:46 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Keep one thing in mind.

He's a lying assed politician....

ALL politicians will make outrageous promises, to get elected. Don't think for a second that the other side wasn't blowing smoke up your ass as well as Trump.

When you know that -- you come to the realization that you have NO idea what to expect from any of these fuckers, once they get voted in.

Maybe he'll be good, maybe bad.

Trying to guess ahead of time, the reality of what any elected official will do once in office is an exercise in futility -- trying to guess, by virtue of the politician's political affiliation is beyond futile -- it's bone crushingly stupid.....

Yeah, I'm just going to compartmentalize this shit until such time as something actually raises its ugly head. I'm only here for the beer and companionship, henceforth. My eyes will glaze over when I see these threads, from now on. It's too early to say anything, and get worked up over, for me.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
09-11-2016, 03:55 PM
I forgot how much I like you guys, I don't feel alone here.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
[+] 2 users Like nerwin's post
09-11-2016, 04:13 PM
(09-11-2016 03:55 PM)nerwin Wrote:  I forgot how much I like you guys, I don't feel alone here.

On a day like this, if it weren't for the people here on TTA I don't think I'd be functioning at all. These guys are amazing.

(Well, except for a couple wacko religious nut jobs.)

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
09-11-2016, 04:15 PM
(09-11-2016 01:39 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  - more tax breaks for corporations and BIG earners

15% tax for the rich under Trump. This is a policy.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
09-11-2016, 04:32 PM
this is a straightforward read about what will happen with taxes under trump

http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonynitti...e427b24b8b
09-11-2016, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2016 05:05 PM by GirlyMan.)
(09-11-2016 04:32 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  this is a straightforward read about what will happen with taxes under trump

http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonynitti...e427b24b8b

Under the current rates my federal income tax burden before deductions is $31,760. Under Trump's plan it would be $30,250. That's a whopping $1500 extra! 2.5 extra days of pay! Probably more like $1000 once I include deductions. What oh what shall I do with this windfall? Besides bankrupting the country over $1000 I mean.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-11-2016, 04:52 PM
(09-11-2016 03:52 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Yeah, I'm just going to compartmentalize this shit until such time as something actually raises its ugly head. I'm only here for the beer and companionship, henceforth. My eyes will glaze over when I see these threads, from now on. It's too early to say anything, and get worked up over, for me.

We're both too old to get worked up over just about anything. Big Grin