Will Trump get rid of separation of church and state?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2016, 04:53 PM
RE: Will Trump get rid of separation of church and state?
He said, "Gawd bless all of you" at the end of his acceptance speech.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2016, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2016 09:34 AM by Commonsensei.)
It's very hard to alture the constitution. But now with all three houses Republican ...

...fuck me...

I really ... I don't know. I feel like Alice in Wonderland, I don't know what the fuck is going on. Have people really forgotten all the past times Republicans have been in power?... How .... I blame myself for much of it. I really thought it would work it's self out that this county had enough people that could see threw bullshit. So i bit my tongue of numerous occasions to avoid confrontation. Believing that everything was going to be ok. I thought the bunch of nit wits i talk to at work were just a small handful. Not half the fucking country (well i guess slightly more then half)

It's times like these that reassure me that there is no god.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 5 users Like Commonsensei's post
09-11-2016, 05:21 PM
I've said this before and I'll say it again. "President Trump" is not the worst of this. The worst is that half of the country is OK with that!!! I'm surrounded by fuckwits, and there's no way out!
[+] 6 users Like Grasshopper's post
09-11-2016, 05:28 PM
(09-11-2016 05:09 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  It's very hard to alture the constitution. But now with all three houses Republican ...

I wouldn't worry about a Constitutional Amendment. It first requires 2/3 approval in both the House and Senate and then approval from 3/4 of the States. Don't see that happening on just about any proposal the Republicans could conceivably come up with.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-11-2016, 09:05 PM
(09-11-2016 05:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 05:09 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  It's very hard to alture the constitution. But now with all three houses Republican ...

I wouldn't worry about a Constitutional Amendment. It first requires 2/3 approval in both the House and Senate and then approval from 3/4 of the States. Don't see that happening on just about any proposal the Republicans could conceivably come up with.

Pompey never imagined Caesar would March on Rome.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
10-11-2016, 01:10 AM
(09-11-2016 09:05 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 05:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I wouldn't worry about a Constitutional Amendment. It first requires 2/3 approval in both the House and Senate and then approval from 3/4 of the States. Don't see that happening on just about any proposal the Republicans could conceivably come up with.

Pompey never imagined Caesar would March on Rome.

Kinda different. I mean, Rome had dictators. They created them, had a system in place to implement them. Throughout Roman history they had dozens of dictators, and up until Caesar, they all gave up their power after one year once the crisis that demanded their use had been subverted. Dozens and dozens of dictators, and each and every one of them stepped down and relinquished their power when their time was up. Then again, Caesar wasn't a normal dictator, and wasn't bound in the same ways.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
10-11-2016, 07:48 AM
(10-11-2016 01:10 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 09:05 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Pompey never imagined Caesar would March on Rome.

Kinda different. I mean, Rome had dictators. They created them, had a system in place to implement them. Throughout Roman history they had dozens of dictators, and up until Caesar, they all gave up their power after one year once the crisis that demanded their use had been subverted. Dozens and dozens of dictators, and each and every one of them stepped down and relinquished their power when their time was up. Then again, Caesar wasn't a normal dictator, and wasn't bound in the same ways.

We're halfway there, though. Republicans now control the White House and both houses of Congress, and will soon control the Supreme Court as well. That means all the supposed "checks and balances" go out the window. They can do whatever the fuck they want, and one of the things they'll do is change the voting laws and structures so as to guarantee that they retain power forever. This is already happening in Wisconsin. They have gerrymandered the fuck out of the voting districts so that the state legislature is guaranteed to be dominated by Republicans forever, and they have made it as hard as possible for minorities and poor people (who, guess what, tend to vote Democratic) to vote at all. I had to spend 10 minutes showing my driver's license to various people before I was allowed to vote. Somebody who doesn't have a driver's license would have been shit out of luck.

What's to prevent them from doing the same thing on a national level? Allow me to introduce you to Der Fuehrer, Herr Drumpf, and his Republican toadies. Good luck getting rid of any of them. We may never have another election.
10-11-2016, 02:10 PM
(09-11-2016 02:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 01:26 PM)nerwin Wrote:  I'm not sure how much more I can take of this. Someone please...give me hope that there will still be an future for us atheists and secular communities.

Trump's at least areligious if not an outright atheist. Does that help?
Not really. Poland had former communist, atheist president. He still sucked up to clergy.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
10-11-2016, 02:22 PM
I don't think trump has given any thought to whether there is a god or not. That's too much deep contemplative thinking for his orange head to do. Profound thinking is not part of his personality so I don't think he thinks about stuff like that. You guys are giving him too much credit.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
10-11-2016, 03:48 PM
He doesn't care whether there is a god or not. He could go any way that benefits him. He is the real god.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man