Will cosmos solve America's Creationism problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2014, 04:08 PM
RE: Will cosmos solve America's Creationism problem
(22-03-2014 03:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-03-2014 12:17 PM)Atheist Destroyer Wrote:  Given that Intelligent Design is almost certainly a fact, I highly doubt it's going away anytime soon.

It is almost certainly not a fact. There is no evidence for it, and there are mountains of evidence against. It will go away with education.

Every line of evidence supports it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2014, 04:09 PM
(22-03-2014 04:08 PM)Atheist Destroyer Wrote:  
(22-03-2014 03:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  It is almost certainly not a fact. There is no evidence for it, and there are mountains of evidence against. It will go away with education.

Once again, are you going to give an example, or just blindly assert?

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
22-03-2014, 04:10 PM
(22-03-2014 03:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  It is almost certainly not a fact. There is no evidence for it, and there are mountains of evidence against. It will go away with education.

Neither Cocaine or unsupported assertions are evidence.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
22-03-2014, 04:10 PM

[Image: wikipedian_protester.png]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
22-03-2014, 04:11 PM
(22-03-2014 04:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(22-03-2014 04:08 PM)Atheist Destroyer Wrote:  Every line of evidence supports it.

[Image: wikipedian_protester.png]

Bro you are not getting one. Intelligent design is a form of slavery not science Drinking Beverage

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
22-03-2014, 04:15 PM

[Image: ohhai.png]

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 1 user Likes Crulax's post
22-03-2014, 04:16 PM
(22-03-2014 04:11 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(22-03-2014 04:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  [Image: wikipedian_protester.png]

Bro you are not getting one. Intelligent design is a form of slavery not science Drinking Beverage

I've spent too many-a-year going this to actually expect legitimate citations from the creationist crowd, I'm far too cynical and jaded towards them for that.

May as well use humour when possible to counter them; I get my jollies, side-liners do too (hopefully) and the target... Well they don't really get anything comparable. Which is good.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
22-03-2014, 04:16 PM
(22-03-2014 04:07 PM)Atheist Destroyer Wrote:  
(22-03-2014 01:52 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  Not to mention the fact that you used the word "Darwinist".

The term Darwinist exists in every major dictionary and encyclopedia in the world. It's a very real term with a very real meaning, and it's crucial to the debate over origins. If you believe otherwise, then I must regrettably inform you that you've been lied to, and you, not being an actual skeptic, have accepted it without a single critical thought taking place.

Yes, it's all a great big Scientific conspiracy, and no one can think critically unless their thoughts come directly from sermons, the bible, or AiG.

Please, tell us more about critical thinking.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
22-03-2014, 04:18 PM

God made me ugly, and that is unintelligent design. That means intelligent design is false.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
22-03-2014, 04:20 PM
(22-03-2014 04:18 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(22-03-2014 04:08 PM)Atheist Destroyer Wrote:  Every line of evidence supports it.

God made me ugly, and that is unintelligent design. That means intelligent design is false.

You wanna talk about things made ugly; what about the poor old Blobfish? That poor bastard was never meant to reach the light of day, in more ways than one.