Will humankind allways have poverty?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2012, 01:19 AM
Will humankind allways have poverty?
To simplify the definition of poverty for the purpose of the thread I will say sum it as a lack of access to daily...

Water
Food
Adequate shelter
Dignity
When I was a naive youngster I used to think that the growing and improvement of technology would somehow make the world a better place and in ways it has... however I thought that it somehow benefit the whole world Consider

I grew up watching Star Trek and we are catching up with them in leaps and bounds in different ways. Its mad to think what I have seen in my short lifetime. The Microchip, the Hadron Collider, coding of the human genome, genetic modification, the internet.... the list goes on and on.

So when I cast my mind to the future and imagine how far we may be able to take technology... I wonder if we will still see people suffering. If humankind were to one day move to another planet.... would it take poverty with it?

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2012, 01:24 AM
RE: Will humankind allways have poverty?
I don't think so, eventually we'll find out how to make unlimited clean energy and that will shift everything for us. Because deep down, we're just an natural system bound to the laws of thermodynamics... think about it, I don't have time to explain Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
07-12-2012, 03:40 AM
As humanity progresses, the standards for poverty will change.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 3 users Like Logica Humano's post
07-12-2012, 11:20 AM
For as long as we have Republicans.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
07-12-2012, 11:46 AM
There is a point where I can see technology ending poverty as we know it. The standards for poverty are increasing in developed areas, so that poverty no longer means one is impoverished. Some day, those standards may be that you can afford an apartment, food, and transportation, but not the latest Xbox. If the entire world develops to that point, then poverty will no longer exist in any reasonable sense.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
07-12-2012, 11:54 AM
My two cents, I think there will always be poverty as we know it. Regardless of how many advances in technology are made or how many assistance programs are in place, you have to factor the human into this puzzle. There are people that simply can't quite get the hang of getting through life like many of the rest of us do, and some really don't want to. There are people who are poor and/or homeless for a zillion different reasons. We can't reasonably think that all those reasons can be eradicated.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
07-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Easiest question ever to answer.
Jesus said in Mark 14:7, "The poor you will always have with you, and you can help them any time you want. But you will not always have me."
I like that last sentence in particular. Laughat

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
07-12-2012, 01:16 PM
The easiest, most correct answer to both type and comprehend was mine. Drinking Beverage

Poonjab
07-12-2012, 01:25 PM
(07-12-2012 01:16 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  The easiest, most correct answer to both type and comprehend was mine. Drinking Beverage
Yabut, I didn't read your answer. Girl_nails

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
07-12-2012, 01:46 PM
(07-12-2012 01:25 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(07-12-2012 01:16 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  The easiest, most correct answer to both type and comprehend was mine. Drinking Beverage
Yabut, I didn't read your answer. Girl_nails
Sort of like I and I. Drinking Beverage

Poonjab