Will the next world war be over water?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2015, 07:42 AM
RE: Will the next world war be over water?
(28-05-2015 05:21 PM)Marozz Wrote:  No water worries here in Ireland, we have more than our fair share of rain. The worst case scenario would be if the barley crop failed. We'd have plenty of water, but without barley we would be unable to brew Guinness! Gasp
Don't even joke about that.
Sad

I'm... I have to... I'm going to the store later. That's just mean. How could you -- why would--
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
29-05-2015, 08:16 AM
It would have to be a strange MadMaxian grand scale across the lands atmosphere. Wars already have had undercurrents of water being a strong motivational factor of it. The world wars were just so skewed up and beginning due to alliances or new political ideologies. I can't imagine a bunch of collisions in the same way would team up two battle it out over waters. You'll just more likely have pockets of unallied battles.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
29-05-2015, 09:26 AM
Oil.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=vGVrh-obV4M

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
29-05-2015, 10:06 AM
(28-05-2015 05:21 PM)Marozz Wrote:  No water worries here in Ireland, we have more than our fair share of rain. The worst case scenario would be if the barley crop failed. We'd have plenty of water, but without barley we would be unable to brew Guinness! Gasp

I know where I live in southern California we are having breweries pop up everywhere. Almost 200 and growing in the county. It's been in the news recently that the breweries are using to much water to make beer.

No offense but I can go without Guinness. There's no way I can go without my local Ballast Point Sculpin IPA.
[+] 1 user Likes OceanTherapist's post
29-05-2015, 12:15 PM
(28-05-2015 03:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-05-2015 03:44 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  But what about all that snow this winter?

Boston couldn't stop whining.

And yet, we're still behind on precipitation. Consider

What do you think the snow was?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
29-05-2015, 12:17 PM
Snow doesn't contribute that much to the ground moisture in areas that get regular rainfall......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
29-05-2015, 12:57 PM
On average, 10 inches of snow is equivalent to one inch of rain. It varies depending on moisture content but 10:1 is a good rule of thumb.
29-05-2015, 01:14 PM
(29-05-2015 12:17 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Snow doesn't contribute that much to the ground moisture in areas that get regular rainfall......

No, i mean all of the snow was supposed to be the rain

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
29-05-2015, 01:58 PM
(29-05-2015 10:06 AM)Ocean theRAPIST Wrote:  

I know where I live in southern California we are having breweries pop up everywhere. Almost 200 and growing in the county. It's been in the news recently that the breweries are using to much water to make beer.

No offense but I can go without Guinness. There's no way I can go without my local Ballast Point Sculpin IPA.

None taken, sounds nice. At this very moment I am drinking an Irish craft beer, O'Hara's Double IPA. 7.5% alc/vol. Nice......Smile

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
29-05-2015, 02:04 PM
(28-05-2015 01:15 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  With many people facing drought - is it possible the next big war will be over the rights to water??

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2...terror-war

If so -- here in Michigan we're sitting on ground zero for the big war......

And I've got my own well.......

How's the water situation where you live???

Va here, zero issues, my water is free, apartment complex pays for it, no limit. I have a 4 bedroom 3 bath huge two story apartment with fireplace, power bill never gets above $100 and I keep the house at 67 degrees in the summer and winter. Power bill fluxuates between $80 usd a month to $100 in summer. Love it.

They have been saying for over 40 years that I know of that california was going to dry up, have a few really good earthquakes, and than fall off into the ocean...perhaps it will.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)