Will the world in the 21st century resemble the Middle Ages?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2013, 04:12 AM
RE: Will the world in the 21st century resemble the Middle Ages?
I am a bit disappointed. It's been two days and no defense of that position. Dodgy

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2013, 04:14 AM
Ha! I disagree with you on something and you call me names. I agree with you and you are disappointed. If I could give you another rep than I would. Big Grin

23-07-2013, 04:23 AM
(23-07-2013 04:14 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Ha! I disagree with you on something and you call me names. I agree with you and you are disappointed. If I could give you another rep than I would. Big Grin

When have I called you names? I have attacked your stupid political beliefs (and they are incredibly stupid), not you. Other than politics, you are a pretty cool guy. I am not disappointed because you agreed with me either.

Poonjab
23-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Given the power on nation states, the power of corporations, the flexing of politico-religio muscle, the stifling of free speech, the destruction of labor unions, the cultural imperialism, and on and on - I'd say things look a lot like the late 19th century.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
01-08-2013, 02:38 PM
(20-07-2013 04:33 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Cities have always been important.

They were more important in the past, with much weaker states.

(20-07-2013 04:33 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Political policies have always been shaped by countries, corporations, and religious institutions.

The anxient era wasn't really strobgly influenced by corporations (or merchants, as it would be then). While ancient Egypt was a deeply religious culture, ancient Greece and Rome were also religious, but in their political pursuits were motivated by secular matters. The Greeks, and later the Romans, laughed at the Egyptians who started a war over a holy crocodile.

(20-07-2013 04:33 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  What do you mean by "multi-polar"?

A world with several power countries.

(20-07-2013 04:33 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  The world is becoming globalized, with different economies become entirely dependent on each other. Globalization has never occurred before, so this is an entirely new scenario.

Wrong.

"Examine the religious principles, which have, in fact, prevailed in the world. You will scarcely be persuaded, that they are any thing but sick men's dreams." - David Hume
01-08-2013, 03:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2013 03:43 PM by Logica Humano.)
(01-08-2013 02:38 PM)Loki Wrote:  Wrong.

Show me another era in which globalization to the current extent has taken place. Most respected historians pinpoint the beginning of globalization at around the late 19th century.

Poonjab
01-08-2013, 03:41 PM
(01-08-2013 03:37 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Show me another era in which globalization to the current extent has taken place.

All of them?

The difference today is not that interaction occurs, but the scale, frequency, and pervasiveness of it (all of which have increased more or less continuously).

... this is my signature!
01-08-2013, 03:54 PM
(01-08-2013 03:37 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(01-08-2013 02:38 PM)Loki Wrote:  Wrong.

Show me another era in which globalization to the current extent has taken place.

Poonjab