Will there be a media shakeup?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2018, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2018 05:45 PM by Grim.)
Will there be a media shakeup?
At&t is poised to buy Time Warner, approved by a trial judge today.

At&t is considered a very conservative company (at least recently, especially the people in charge), donating to mostly republican candidates. They'll now own HBO and Turner broadcasting (CNN).

How do you think this plays out for Bill Maher on HBO or the folks at CNN?

Death is a debt we all must pay...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2018, 05:56 PM
RE: Will there be a media shakeup?
(12-06-2018 05:33 PM)Grim Wrote:  At&t is poised to buy Time Warner, approved by a trial judge today.

At&t is considered a very conservative company (at least recently, especially the people in charge), donating to mostly republican candidates. They'll now own HBO and Turner broadcasting (CNN).

Given that trump tried to prevent it, I assume it's not good for trump.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
12-06-2018, 06:01 PM
(12-06-2018 05:56 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(12-06-2018 05:33 PM)Grim Wrote:  At&t is poised to buy Time Warner, approved by a trial judge today.

Given that trump tried to prevent it, I assume it's not good for trump.

I figured that was all for show, he couldn't give the appearance of wanting it to happen. But CNN being controlled by conservatives doesn't hurt him.

CNN is hurting too. They've fallen to the bottom of the ratings, even behind some local news channels.

12-06-2018, 07:20 PM

I'm betting they follow the money ... like any other company in business.
[+] 6 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
12-06-2018, 09:58 PM
(12-06-2018 06:01 PM)Grim Wrote:  CNN is hurting too. They've fallen to the bottom of the ratings, even behind some local news channels.

For bloody good reason too.

Kneel mortal before Whiskey I, Lord of Dalmore, Duke of Jameson, Defender of the Sloshed, and God-Emperor of Holy Terra.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
12-06-2018, 10:22 PM
(12-06-2018 09:58 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(12-06-2018 06:01 PM)Grim Wrote:  CNN is hurting too. They've fallen to the bottom of the ratings, even behind some local news channels.

For bloody good reason too.

Only good thing on CNN was Bourdain.

*sigh* I learned more about the world, aside from my own travels, watching episodes of his show than I ever did watching the news.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-06-2018, 01:21 PM
(12-06-2018 10:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-06-2018 09:58 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  For bloody good reason too.

Only good thing on CNN was Bourdain.

*sigh* I learned more about the world, aside from my own travels, watching episodes of his show than I ever did watching the news.

I don't disagree, was a decent guy from what little I know of him.

Kneel mortal before Whiskey I, Lord of Dalmore, Duke of Jameson, Defender of the Sloshed, and God-Emperor of Holy Terra.
13-06-2018, 07:42 PM
Well, it looks like the White House is having a media shakeup. Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Raj Shah are planning to leave by the end of the year.
13-06-2018, 07:48 PM
(13-06-2018 07:42 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Well, it looks like the White House is having a media shakeup. Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Raj Shah are planning to leave by the end of the year.

Sanders was just on Fox and said it's 100% fake news. She said she'll be there at least until 2020.

13-06-2018, 08:23 PM
(13-06-2018 07:48 PM)Grim Wrote:  
(13-06-2018 07:42 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Well, it looks like the White House is having a media shakeup. Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Raj Shah are planning to leave by the end of the year.

Sanders was just on Fox and said it's 100% fake news. She said she'll be there at least until 2020.

Given almost every person who has left this administration has yelled "fake news" about their leaving, right before leaving, I'll believe that when I see it.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post