Will this ark really cross the Atlantic?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2016, 01:23 PM
RE: Will this ark really cross the Atlantic?
I don't get the point of this whole thing if it's going to be on a barge, it should be able to float on it's own. The weight and size is impressive but if it's not seaworthy and capable of housing 2 of each animal who cares? I remember seeing a TV special about the building of one of the largest cruise ships in the world, the Oasis class Allure of the Seas..hey I actually found it on YouTube:

If anyone wants to be amazed by a very large ship that is fully capable of traveling the oceans of our planet I highly recommend clicking that play button because it's pretty cool but seriously that Ark is just a big wooden fail.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
05-05-2016, 02:08 PM
(05-05-2016 07:16 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Ironic, indeed. I wonder how many xtians will see the irony in having a replica of an ark "replica" that has to be transported by a real ship. Laugh out load to the third power.

My guess is none.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
05-05-2016, 03:04 PM
(05-05-2016 02:08 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 07:16 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Ironic, indeed. I wonder how many xtians will see the irony in having a replica of an ark "replica" that has to be transported by a real ship. Laugh out load to the third power.

My guess is none.

It is this sort of irony, and the cognitive dissonance that caused me to leave religion behind.
05-05-2016, 03:16 PM
(04-05-2016 08:42 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 08:39 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  And yet Creationists would still insist that it could hold every animal anyway, because screw logic.

Their "go to" is that there weren't as many different kinds of animals as there are now.

So God just made a bunch of new animals after the flood? Then why the fuck did he need to put all those animals on the ark?
[+] 3 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
05-05-2016, 03:43 PM
(05-05-2016 03:16 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 08:42 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Their "go to" is that there weren't as many different kinds of animals as there are now.

So God just made a bunch of new animals after the flood? Then why the fuck did he need to put all those animals on the ark?
The first person he made after the Flood was Gregor Mendel.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
05-05-2016, 03:54 PM
(04-05-2016 08:42 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Their "go to" is that there weren't as many different kinds of animals as there are now.

No, it was all that micro-evolution going on

Facepalm

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
05-05-2016, 05:33 PM

Well, you see, God got creative and came up with some new animals like a play doh fun factory Laugh out load Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
05-05-2016, 06:30 PM
This is my question: Animals were allowed to eat meat according to the story SO how didn't the lions and other meat eaters eat other animals that survived and cause them to go extinct immediately?
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
05-05-2016, 08:34 PM
[Image: 199.jpg]

Once you accept any magic, everything is on the table. Magic answers everything, by not answering it at all.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
05-05-2016, 08:55 PM
(05-05-2016 06:30 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  This is my question: Animals were allowed to eat meat according to the story SO how didn't the lions and other meat eaters eat other animals that survived and cause them to go extinct immediately?

Because the dinosaurs ate the lions. Checkmate, atheists. Tongue I had a bottle of Modelo beer for Cinco de mayo, so I'm feeling silly. Hobo