William Lane Craig: Master Tap Dancer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2014, 05:20 AM
William Lane Craig: Master Tap Dancer
Spent some time tonight watching debates, both involved William Lane Craig and his creepy hands.

I can't recall ever seeing or hearing a theist so well versed at dancing around direct questions or debate topics. I must admit that he is dangerously sneaky in his ways, I could see him easily fooling the uninformed or less intelligent in belief that he "won" the debates he partakes in.

In the debate he had with Christopher Hitchens at Biola University, WLC continued to make the statement that Hitchens had failed to prove "atheism to be true", and Hitchens seemingly ignored the statement after noting that 'atheism' isn't true or false rather an adjective on belief. WLC maintained this detail as his point of victory because Hitchens didn't 'prove atheism to be true'. Maybe Hitchens just didn't care because he assumes intelligent individuals would most likely view the definition of atheism as he does' merely a stance of disbelief. It was frustrating and the whole time I was hoping Hitchens was going to make WLC look foolish for continuing to 'not grasp' such a simple concept, though his 'not grasping' was deliberate.

It was frustrating to listen to him but I managed to listen to every word of both sides of a 2 hour debate.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-09-2014, 05:33 AM
RE: William Lane Craig: Master Tap Dancer
This one?

AronRa did a couple of YouTube critiques on it too.

15-09-2014, 06:49 AM
(15-09-2014 05:33 AM)DLJ Wrote:  This one?

Can you post a link to Aronra's critique?

Sapere aude
15-09-2014, 08:56 AM
(15-09-2014 06:49 AM)f stop Wrote:  
(15-09-2014 05:33 AM)DLJ Wrote:  This one?

Can you post a link to Aronra's critique?

Retraction: Sorry. AronRa critiqued the Hitchens vs. Demski debate. My bad.