Winter Olympics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2018, 10:16 PM
RE: Winter Olympics
(08-02-2018 08:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I used to follow the Olympics and am not really sure why I stopped. I may catch a few minutes here or there but I don't know anything about the athletes any more. Undecided

It's funny because I haven't a clue about the athletes either. They give those little bios but I tend to run around during those. I just get excited for anyone who does well.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-02-2018, 10:19 PM
(08-02-2018 09:01 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Only the figure skating events for me; men's singles, ladies' singles and pairs.

Australia isn't really a winter sport country—for obvious reasons LOL. At the moment we're having temperatures of 110ºF during the day. No skating, luge or skeleton, ice hockey, and only very limited skiing (if any, dependent on our "winter" climate) plus indoor rink skating. Our winter minimums are around 36ºF, and that's a super cold day.

You can check out the Aussie winter "team" HERE for what it's worth. No

That's what I'm watching right now, the pairs short program...goodness it's fun!

I like both the summer and winter games.

I'll even watch the damn curling. It's like weird chess on ice with brooms and shit. Big Grin

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-02-2018, 10:35 PM
(08-02-2018 10:19 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'll even watch the damn curling. It's like weird chess on ice with brooms and shit. Big Grin

Haha. Once, someone in Sweden spent at least an hour explaining all the rules and intricacies of curling to me. I actually found it fascinating.

And duly forgot pretty much everything before I even left Sweden Blush

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
09-02-2018, 01:50 AM
Not interested in watching sport.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
09-02-2018, 05:52 AM
I'll probably have it on in the background when I'm doing other stuff, once the opening ceremony stuff is done. I hate the opening and closing ceremonies, so I always skip them.

I'll be mostly interested in the individual sports like skating and skiing.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
09-02-2018, 08:09 AM
Pairs fascinates me. It takes an incredible amount of trust.

eek!

[Image: ?m=02&d=20180209&t=2&...amp;w=1280]

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: beb1339cfc76b95693fe0fd59c12ec05.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post
09-02-2018, 09:07 AM
I get bored with the whole thing.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-02-2018, 09:27 AM
(09-02-2018 01:50 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Not interested in watching sport.

Neither am I!

That's what makes the Olympics so weird for. Maybe it's because it's beyond american football, baseball, basketball and hockey?

I'll admit, I don't actually watch much of the hockey. If they're showing a game, It'll be on, but I won't be paying attention to it.

09-02-2018, 09:44 AM
(09-02-2018 09:27 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-02-2018 01:50 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Not interested in watching sport.

Neither am I!

That's what makes the Olympics so weird for. Maybe it's because it's beyond american football, baseball, basketball and hockey?

I'll admit, I don't actually watch much of the hockey. If they're showing a game, It'll be on, but I won't be paying attention to it.

To be honest I don't even turn TV on except when it serves as monitor for Xbox. Could have watch Olympics online I suppose but I don't really get the concept of watching how others do what I consider not interesting; I only care for doing (some) sport, not watching it.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
09-02-2018, 09:50 AM
(09-02-2018 09:44 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(09-02-2018 09:27 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Neither am I!

To be honest I don't even turn TV on except when it serves as monitor for Xbox.

Laugh out load For years and years I've referred to the playstation as the "netflix machine." There's a reason for that.

So yeah I get you there. I don't watch anything on regular TV, except the occasional thing on HBO that might catch my interest.