Winter Olympics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2018, 09:55 AM
RE: Winter Olympics
(09-02-2018 05:52 AM)julep Wrote:  I'll probably have it on in the background when I'm doing other stuff, once the opening ceremony stuff is done. I hate the opening and closing ceremonies, so I always skip them.

I'll be mostly interested in the individual sports like skating and skiing.

I don't watch the Closing ceremony, but I'm usually curious about the opening ceremony. I'll admit though the walk of nations just bores the shit out of me and that seems to just go on and on and on and...

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2018, 09:56 AM
(09-02-2018 09:50 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-02-2018 09:44 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  To be honest I don't even turn TV on except when it serves as monitor for Xbox.

Laugh out load For years and years I've referred to the playstation as the "netflix machine." There's a reason for that.

So yeah I get you there. I don't watch anything on regular TV, except the occasional thing on HBO that might catch my interest.

I'll say it that way - I hear what mother watch on TV in the morning when I'm doing breakfast. Hearing it is enough to make me glad that I don't watch this shit, and calling it shit is me being generous.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
09-02-2018, 10:16 AM
(09-02-2018 09:56 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(09-02-2018 09:50 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Laugh out load For years and years I've referred to the playstation as the "netflix machine." There's a reason for that.

So yeah I get you there. I don't watch anything on regular TV, except the occasional thing on HBO that might catch my interest.

I'll say it that way - I hear what mother watch on TV in the morning when I'm doing breakfast. Hearing it is enough to make me glad that I don't watch this shit, and calling it shit is me being generous.

I loved my mother-in-law but I swear any stupid piece of shit on TV she'd watch. She loved those shows and just thought they were all great.

09-02-2018, 10:28 AM
(09-02-2018 10:16 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-02-2018 09:56 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  I'll say it that way - I hear what mother watch on TV in the morning when I'm doing breakfast. Hearing it is enough to make me glad that I don't watch this shit, and calling it shit is me being generous.

I loved my mother-in-law but I swear any stupid piece of shit on TV she'd watch. She loved those shows and just thought they were all great.

To each his own I guess, but why it is dumbest something that win? If only this crap would be harmless...

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
09-02-2018, 10:38 AM
(09-02-2018 10:28 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(09-02-2018 10:16 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I loved my mother-in-law but I swear any stupid piece of shit on TV she'd watch. She loved those shows and just thought they were all great.

To each his own I guess, but why it is dumbest something that win? If only this crap would be harmless...

I totally get it. I couldn't understand it. She'd move around the dial at certain times of the day. Meanwhile I honestly couldn't tell you what's on regular TV.

Except the Olympics. It gives our data plan a break.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-02-2018, 10:43 AM
(08-02-2018 10:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(08-02-2018 08:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I used to follow the Olympics and am not really sure why I stopped. I may catch a few minutes here or there but I don't know anything about the athletes any more. Undecided

It's funny because I haven't a clue about the athletes either. They give those little bios but I tend to run around during those. I just get excited for anyone who does well.

Yeah, that. Yes

I enjoy watching the performance/competition and am happy happier when Canadians do well. It's just not very important, though.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
09-02-2018, 10:48 AM
(09-02-2018 10:38 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-02-2018 10:28 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  To each his own I guess, but why it is dumbest something that win? If only this crap would be harmless...

I totally get it. I couldn't understand it. She'd move around the dial at certain times of the day. Meanwhile I honestly couldn't tell you what's on regular TV.

TV programs choices are only one of many things I don't understand about this country.

As for data plan - even Poland (or rather it internet providers) don't suck at everything. Hail the unlimited data Cool

Mikhail Bakunin.
09-02-2018, 10:57 AM
(09-02-2018 10:48 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(09-02-2018 10:38 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I totally get it. I couldn't understand it. She'd move around the dial at certain times of the day. Meanwhile I honestly couldn't tell you what's on regular TV.

TV programs choices are only one of many things I don't understand about this country.

As for data plan - even Poland (or rather it internet providers) don't suck at everything. Hail the unlimited data Cool

We used to have unlimited but now we get a terabyte, which does seem like a lot, but I think as more things become dependent on streaming, I don't think it will -- last month we went dangerously close to going over. I don't quite get it either, we've never gotten that close.

Our cellphone data plan absolutely sucks ass, but most times we're connected to wifi.

I look back on my first Macintosh, it had a little more than a gigabyte of storage and I remember thinking..."Wow a whole gig, we'll never run out..."

Laugh out load

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-02-2018, 11:06 AM
(09-02-2018 10:57 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-02-2018 10:48 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  TV programs choices are only one of many things I don't understand about this country.

We used to have unlimited but now we get a terabyte, which does seem like a lot, but I think as more things become dependent on streaming, I don't think it will -- last month we went dangerously close to going over. I don't quite get it either, we've never gotten that close.

Terabyte? It's as close to unlimited as it gets without being unlimited. From my pov that is.

Quote:Our cellphone data plan absolutely sucks ass, but most times we're connected to wifi.

I use cellphone data almost only when I'm abroad and then it sucks. Other than that I have no idea if it works well or not.

Quote:I look back on my first Macintosh, it had a little more than a gigabyte of storage and I remember thinking..."Wow a whole gig, we'll never run out..."

Laugh out load

Even now I have only 120 gb HDD and I'm not running out of storage space. Books are different matter though.

Mikhail Bakunin.
09-02-2018, 03:25 PM
(09-02-2018 09:27 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-02-2018 01:50 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Not interested in watching sport.

Neither am I!

That's what makes the Olympics so weird for. Maybe it's because it's beyond american football, baseball, basketball and hockey?

I'll admit, I don't actually watch much of the hockey. If they're showing a game, It'll be on, but I won't be paying attention to it.

In Canada you would be drawn and quartered for having no interest in hockey.

Big Grin

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post