Winter Olympics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2018, 03:28 PM
RE: Winter Olympics
(09-02-2018 03:25 PM)Free Wrote:  
(09-02-2018 09:27 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Neither am I!

That's what makes the Olympics so weird for. Maybe it's because it's beyond american football, baseball, basketball and hockey?

I'll admit, I don't actually watch much of the hockey. If they're showing a game, It'll be on, but I won't be paying attention to it.

In Canada you would be drawn and quartered for having no interest in hockey.

Big Grin

Well I do like hockey better than football and basketball. The man used to go to hockey games on occasion.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-02-2018, 07:05 PM
Opening Ceremony time! Well, once we're done with this whole, "Olympians are just like you and me!" intro. In the words of my friend, "Sorry NBC, but I can't walk across a room without tripping on a power cord, I'm never going to do amazing snowboarding moves."

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
09-02-2018, 07:07 PM
I wish I didn’t have to deal with nbc.

Their coverage generally is all sort of suck.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-02-2018, 07:19 PM
(09-02-2018 07:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I wish I didn’t have to deal with nbc.

Their coverage generally is all sort of suck.

Totally agreed. Sad Just waiting on the march of nations and whatever show SK puts on; it may sound silly, but I feel so heartwarmed when we do the march of nations. It seems like the only time humans can put aside their differences and come together for peace.

09-02-2018, 07:23 PM
Oh my goodness, start the parade!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: beb1339cfc76b95693fe0fd59c12ec05.jpg]
09-02-2018, 07:44 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2018 08:44 PM by Shai Hulud.)
That was really nice. Understated compared to say, the Beijing ceremony, but very nice. Looking forward to the Parade!

Edit: The joy on the face of all these athletes in the Parade of Nations is spectacular. Especially the ones from the countries where there's only like 1-3 of them representing their whole nation; so just being there to represent their country is huge.

Edit2: The shade Kim Jung Un's sister is throwing at Pence as he claps so much for team USA. Laugh out load Also do we get Gangam Style because it was so popular in the U.S., is it coincidence, or is it a subtle jab at us as being too materialistic and pursuing wealth and power (as the song itself is to lampoon the Gangnam district which has those qualities).

Edit3: Every time we get a Nordic nation like Sweden and Norway they walk in all solemn but I feel like internally they're doing a Bane from Batman, "You adopted the winter games, we were born into the snow..."

Edit4: Some of the population to athlete ratios is insane, but India has to win it. 1.2 billion population and 2 athletes.

09-02-2018, 08:52 PM
Wouldn't it be interesting if a South Korean and North Korean got into a fight as they walked out together?

By the way the Biathalon is being held in the demilitarized zone in snow man's land!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
09-02-2018, 08:59 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2018 09:16 PM by Shai Hulud.)
Haha, I love how we got so wrapped up in Katie Couric drooling over the oiled guy from Tonga that we missed two countries walk in. Sorry Pakistan and Portugal, much like at Rio, Tonga guy stole the show from the teams behind him.

Edit: "I'm sure it's a big boost to Puerto Rico to see their athletes walking in." Except, you know, the aforementioned 20% of the island you just reminded us is still without power. Sad

Edit2: Unified Korean team marching in, 1 North Korean and 1 South Korean sharing the flag with just the Korean Peninsula on it! Big Grin

Edit3: Wow Mike and Karen Pence are being jerks, sitting during the unified Korean team and scowling. At least when the U.S. team came in, Kim Jung Un's sister stood for it while glaring at Pence.

Edit4: This is absolutely gorgeous with the raft and the fireflies.

Edit5: That is awesome with the VR icicle drawings! And now the brain stuff and such. The technological revolution and new era of that as we look into the future, and how it can be used to help humanity as a whole.

09-02-2018, 09:14 PM
Whoa! A commercial for the Church of Scientology during the opening ceremonies. Kim Jung Un is sneakier than we thought!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
09-02-2018, 09:15 PM
I missed the US coming in because I had to mom for a bit. One child can't sleep Sad

Pence didn't stand at all? What an ass.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: beb1339cfc76b95693fe0fd59c12ec05.jpg]