Winter blew in today.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2014, 09:37 PM
Winter blew in today.
Holy frozen gnards, batman!

This morning was pleasant, a slight chill to the air but that's to be expected. It is November.

By early afternoon the temps were in the upper 60's, some sources say it made it to 70, almost a perfect autumn day......maybe too perfect.

From mid afternoon until the time I got off work the temp had dropped nearly 30 degrees. Right now it's 33 with a real feel of 22.

The wind is blowing at gusts of 40-50 mph and there's a good chance of snow flurries tonight! WTF?!?! Weeping

Thanks, Obama. Dodgy

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2014, 09:39 PM
RE: Winter blew in today.
It's heading this way - tomorrow - not too bad, then freeze your butt off cold for the rest of the month. Unusual for here.

Thanks Heathen. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
10-11-2014, 09:43 PM
(10-11-2014 09:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's heading this way - tomorrow - not too bad, then freeze your butt off cold for the rest of the month. Unusual for here.

Thanks Heathen. Dodgy

Yeah, Saturday is supposed to actually reach 40, high for the week. Next week high's are expected in the 20's.

Oh well, we did get a few weeks of fall this year. Usually it's one week of fall weather and straight into the butt of winter, so I can't really complain. But gawdamn, it came on fast! I still had the AC units in the windows, had to bust ass once I got home to get them out (I hadn't checked the forecast Facepalm ).

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
10-11-2014, 09:48 PM
(10-11-2014 09:43 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 09:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's heading this way - tomorrow - not too bad, then freeze your butt off cold for the rest of the month. Unusual for here.

Thanks Heathen. Dodgy

Yeah, Saturday is supposed to actually reach 40, high for the week. Next week high's are expected in the 20's.

Oh well, we did get a few weeks of fall this year. Usually it's one week of fall weather and straight into the butt of winter, so I can't really complain. But gawdamn, it came on fast! I still had the AC units in the windows, had to bust ass once I got home to get them out (I hadn't checked the forecast Facepalm ).

Husband got a load of wood a couple weeks ago and then it got rained on for two days. I loaded the fireplace this weekend and stacked more on the hearth so that we have some that's completely dry and ready when we need it.

No window units here - central - two units, one up and one down. Plus a portable in the garage so if anyone wants to play pool or get on the Bowflex between March and October they won't die of heat prostration.

Gotta love north Texas weather. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
10-11-2014, 10:03 PM
Inch of snow on the ground. Looks like we dodged most of it for a change. Been one of the nicest autumns I can remember. Zero complaints. It's my last year on the prairies, so I say bring it on Old Man Winter!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
11-11-2014, 07:34 AM
This is likely to be the last warmish day for a while, so I'll be outside attaching the snowblower to the tractor.
It's a dirty, finicky, knuckle-buster job - 10x worse if it's cold out. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-11-2014, 07:38 AM
And over here it was a comfy 75.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
11-11-2014, 08:21 AM
(10-11-2014 09:37 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Thanks, Obama. Dodgy

It's tempting to blame him, because he's such a public figure-head, but this is really the fault of our dysfunctional congress and bi-partisan gridlock. If they'd get off their asses and stop holding our weather hostage as leverage to try and dismantle the ACA, these things wouldn't happen. Write to your representative and senator and tell them to pass an omnibus weather bill, ASAP!