Winter is coming!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2016, 03:33 PM
RE: Winter is coming!
(26-09-2016 03:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  My cousins in Minnesnowta have two seasons.

Winter (and)
Winter is coming.

Weeping

Most of my family is from Minnesota. It snowed some ridiculous cumulative depth like 37 feet the winter of '55-'56. My day moved us out of Minnesota the following spring.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2016, 03:51 PM
Dammit, this is demonstrably a "Game of thrones" thread.

One guy starts with a short statement like "winter is coming" and shortly thereafter we have 5 seas...erm pages filled by numerus people from all parts of the kingdom of Barack (and some foreign Euro-thraki hordes), going on many tangents, with an inconclusive result at the end.

P.S.: does the "J." in Donald J. Trump stand for "Joffrey"?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
26-09-2016, 04:04 PM
(26-09-2016 03:51 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Dammit, this is demonstrably a "Game of thrones" thread.

One guy starts with a short statement like "winter is coming" and shortly thereafter we have 5 seas...erm pages filled by numerus people from all parts of the kingdom of Barack (and some foreign Euro-thraki hordes), going on many tangents, with an inconclusive result at the end.

jackass

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
26-09-2016, 04:07 PM
(26-09-2016 04:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 03:51 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Dammit, this is demonstrably a "Game of thrones" thread.

jackass

Tongue

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
26-09-2016, 04:07 PM

Is that what the sword was for? I don't watch TV, so I don't know anything about your game.
26-09-2016, 04:08 PM
(25-09-2016 01:45 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(25-09-2016 10:07 AM)Aliza Wrote:  What is this winter you speak of?

In Florida, it's the part of the year when you don't have to stand in the shade to keep your brains from melting and running out your ears. It lasts about 3 days.

And you better wear long pants those 3 days too, and maybe long sleeves. I remember once the Miami Herald wrote that it ha not dropped below 80 degress for 181 days in a row.
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
26-09-2016, 05:13 PM

Color me ignorant, but I didn't even recognize the OP as a "Game of Thrones" reference. I don't watch TV, and I haven't read the books. I did wonder why part of the sign was in English.Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
26-09-2016, 05:16 PM
(26-09-2016 03:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  My cousins in Minnesnowta have two seasons.

Winter (and)
Winter is coming.

Weeping

Here in Wisconsin, we think of the two seasons as Winter and Road Construction.

We also have a joke about a visitor from elsewhere asking a farmer "What do you do in the summer around here?" The farmer's answer: "Well, if it falls on Sunday, we have a picnic!"
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
26-09-2016, 06:28 PM
(26-09-2016 09:46 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 08:54 AM)Aliza Wrote:  That's depressing. Sad

Due to daylight savings, sometimes the sun sets as early as 18:00, but usually during 'winter' we get until 19:00.

Well, central Germany is at latitudes comparable to southern Canada/ border to the USA. It is in fact a bit depressing after 3 months or so. During that time basically everybody drives to work at night and returns back home at night, no matter what your job is. Sadcryface

Yeah the long nights and short days can fuck with psychologically yet another reason i try and keep busy other wise you sink into winter blues

And yeah it's pitch black when i get back from the studio (on my snow mobile Big Grin)

[Image: giphy.gif]
26-09-2016, 06:29 PM
(26-09-2016 09:46 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 08:54 AM)Aliza Wrote:  That's depressing. Sad

Due to daylight savings, sometimes the sun sets as early as 18:00, but usually during 'winter' we get until 19:00.

Well, central Germany is at latitudes comparable to southern Canada/ border to the USA. It is in fact a bit depressing after 3 months or so. During that time basically everybody drives to work at night and returns back home at night, no matter what your job is. Sadcryface

Yeah the long nights and short days can fuck with psychologically yet another reason i try and keep busy other wise you sink into winter blues

And yeah it's pitch black when i get back from the studio (on my snow mobile Big Grin)

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes OrdoSkeptica's post