Winter's Here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2016, 03:11 PM
RE: Winter's Here
(14-12-2016 03:09 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(14-12-2016 03:07 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You want snow?

You can have ours.

I'm sick of it already......

(shovel snow for 45 years or so. You'll be sick of it too)...

I wish. I make good money from plowing snow. Now we have a snowplow we never use, and skis I haven't worn in 4 years. And I liked skiing back in the day.

It'll be just my luck, that with climate change -- the new North Pole will be 3 miles east of my house......

Angry

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
14-12-2016, 03:13 PM
I don't know what's the matter with my eyes.....or maybe it's my brain... but every time I've looked at this thread title I see Winter's Hare. Rolleyes

[Image: image%25255B4%25255D.png?imgmax=800]

Anyway, so far we've had one bout of ice rain that took a couple huge limbs off of our beautiful maple tree and now another storm is coming in. It's like 16 degrees with the wind chill. The wind is coming down the Columbia Gorge. It vacuums the cold air out of the eastern high desert area at 50 miles an hour and seems to deposit it right on our front door. My christmas wreath has twice blown off the door and down the street. I just went out and retrieved it from our neighbors yard and brought it inside.

Hahahaha! Every year when a storm blows in crazy, nutty people go out to a place called Crown Point which normally has this fabulous view of the Columbia River Gorge but is obscured by bad winter weather. The wind blows like 110 MPS out there in a storm but people go there anyway. And it's cold as fuck too. Laugh out load

Edit: Oops, that was Mt. Washington but it might as well be Crown Point. It's the same difference.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
14-12-2016, 03:26 PM
(14-12-2016 02:46 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  It rained on Svalbard this Norvember. Rained. I'm done dreaming of a white Chirstmas.

The first time I was in Svalbard was early spring. The fjord was still frozen, there was plenty of snow, and I think the high for the two weeks I was there was -11c. One of the Svalsat guys had to jump on a plane and go home for a few days because whoever was supposed to be taking care of his house in Tromso hadn't been. One of his neighbors emailed and said there was 4 meters of snow on the roof. He was worried it was going to collapse. The second trip was early August and it was actually pretty nice.

I always wanted to go back for Polarjazz, but haven't made it.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
14-12-2016, 04:40 PM
(14-12-2016 01:02 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I think winter's here.....
Actually, Summer is here.
14-12-2016, 05:26 PM
We have a foot of snow on the ground and we're under an extreme cold warning. Tomorrow night's forecast is -24 C with winds 40 km/hr gusting to 60 km/hr. Between the windchill and the blowing and drifting it's shaping up to be pretty gruesome. Environment Canada is describing it as "A bitterly cold airmass".

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.