Wisdom Teeth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2013, 04:42 PM
RE: Wisdom Teeth
(10-09-2013 04:34 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Meh,i'm probably going again when the pain becomes unbearable

I wouldn't wait too late. Make an appointment and go in on your next free day. Depending on which impaction the tooth is place, you could pay a consequence for waiting. Sad

(10-09-2013 04:36 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Strangely enough, I had mine pulled at age 33 and it was one of the easiest medical procedures I ever had. Went to sleep, woke up with my jaw and tongue completely numb and went home. By the end of the second day, I was eating solid food again. I even never had to use the opiate pain killers, just 800mg of Advil every six hours for a week.

It's all dependent on how deep the teeth are in the jawbone. If they're near the surface and breaking the gums, then they should come out with little hassle. It's when they're deep in the jawbone near the nerve is when it becomes complicated and painful to remove.

My aunt didn't have her wisdom teeth sprout until her early-mid thirties either. I asked my dentist about it, and she told me that everyone has them; whether they sprout, or how soon they sprout is different with every person. Some people even get their fourth molars, which are supernumerary teeth. Sad
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2013, 04:42 PM
I have another piece of info. Its on the left side of my jaw,the under and the upper side. The upper side hurts till my ear.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
10-09-2013, 04:46 PM
(10-09-2013 04:42 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  I have another piece of info. Its on the left side of my jaw,the under and the upper side. The upper side hurts till my ear.

Read OP. My dentist told me that typically, when your bottom wisdom teeth hurt, you're able to differentiate where the pain is coming from (in which case you would know the pain is coming from the bottom); in my case, I couldn't tell where the pain was coming from. I didn't know which tooth, top or bottom, and the pain spread. My dentist told me that when the top wisdom tooth is the first to cause pain, the pain cannot be indentified precisely; it can spread to your ears, your entire head, even to your neck.

I'd get it checked out, even if it's not wisdom teeth (though it sounds like it is) it's best to figure out what is causing you pain. Hug
10-09-2013, 05:14 PM
1.pain till ear,check.
2.cant diferentiate and pinpoint the exact tooth that hurts,check.
3.actually my neck hurts,but i never linked it to that,check.

But I hate going to any medical staff.

10-09-2013, 05:17 PM
Sometimes when you have dental pain you will clench your teeth when you sleep causing pain to seem like it's coming from somewhere other than the actual tooth that is the problem. Makes it hard to figure out what's going on.

Sinus issues can also cause intense dental pain.

The whole damn thing is a real picnic.Dodgy

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
10-09-2013, 05:29 PM
I'm sorry for your pain and suffering, Ferdy.

Mine never erupted, no problem. Probably because I'm so highly evolved. Consider

OK, you can all start to hate on me, now. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
10-09-2013, 05:37 PM
1.pain till ear,check.
I should probably go, but I hate going to any medical staff.

10-09-2013, 07:45 PM
(10-09-2013 05:14 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  1.pain till ear,check.

But I hate going to any medical staff.

Even if it's what Angele says (misunderstanding, sinuses) still go to see your doctor, regardless of your hate for medical staff. I hate the dentist, but I'm looking extremely forward to getting my wisdom teeth out Monday and missed school next week. No more pain, just meds and sleep. Smile
10-09-2013, 07:46 PM
(10-09-2013 05:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm sorry for your pain and suffering, Ferdy.

Mine never erupted, no problem. Probably because I'm so highly evolved. Consider

OK, you can all start to hate on me, now. Thumbsup

Everyone has them, but they don't always sprout and cause pain.

Chas, you're lucky. Sad
10-09-2013, 08:54 PM
(10-09-2013 11:13 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Went to the dentist today because I've been in a lot of pain lately. I'd say it started a week ago that I began feeling slight throbs and pinches ("Oh, maybe I ate something cold. Maybe too much sugar."-- you know, telling yourself it's nothing because you literally don't think it's anything.) I've had my share of careless dental hazards; cavities, none too bad. My dentists noticed them as soon as they sprouted and they were drilled and filled within seconds. About two years ago I busted my face up, chipped a front tooth, had to get it capped and the nerve of that tooth removed also (root canal's aren't that bad, just make sure your anesthetic doesn't wear off halfway through the procedure.)

Sunday night, I woke up at 2 in the morning with severe pains; the entire right side of my mouth was throbbing horrendously. I couldn't tell which tooth was hurting, nor could I even differentiate which side the pain was coming from. I took some ibuprofen, the pain faded in 30 minutes or less and I went back to sleep. The next day at school, I texted my mom and told her about that night; she called the dentist, and made an emergency appointment for the next day (today.)

I was talking to a friend about it, and she suggested it was a dying nerve (what causes you to need a root canal) I shrugged. "Whatever, I've had one before, I can handle another; no big deal." I believed her, because although wisdom teeth begin to come in between the ages of 16 and 25, many people don't experience difficulty with them this early. Of course, I know people that have, but then again everyone is different. Tartarus just recently had his ripped out and he's 19. Tongue

But no. I get to the dentist today, they throw a bunch of x-rays at me, and tell me all of my wisdom teeth are starting to peak. The top and bottom lefties are still in their little socks. The bottom right is halfway through the sock, but still has some time left before it starts causing me pain. The top right is the one causing me pain, and according to my dentist, tops are always the worst to deal with because the pain is difficult to identify (I didn't know what tooth/whether top or bottom was hurting, because everything hurt) and the pain can even cause problems up in the eyes, brain, and extend to the neck. My tooth is cornered against my back tooth, the tooth that's next to it, and it's slowly pushing that tooth. If it continues to do so, it will damage the root of that tooth, and I'll have to have it pulled as well.

I want to slam my head into the sharpest dagger on the planet. The throbbing has continued since I've returned home. Shy

Monday, I go in to meet my oral surgeon, who will then cut open my gums and surgically remove the little bastards.

Sadcryface

That sucks dude. I hope it goes OK for you. Hug

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post