Wisdom teeth extraction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2015, 06:59 PM
Wisdom teeth extraction
My daughter needs to have her wisdom teeth removed. So what's the concensus. Should she have all four removed, or two at a time, doing one side of the face then later the other side. She wants to be totally knocked out, not just numbed up.

I'm thinking she could have one side done at a time so at least she could kinda eat.

I donno, I had one at a time taken out because they grew in at different times and I only had three wisdom teeth. One never materialized.

Opinions?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2015, 07:01 PM
RE: Wisdom teeth extraction
I would do them all now.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
29-10-2015, 07:06 PM
(29-10-2015 06:59 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  My daughter needs to have her wisdom teeth removed. So what's the concensus. Should she have all four removed, or two at a time, doing one side of the face then later the other side. She wants to be totally knocked out, not just numbed up.

I'm thinking she could have one side done at a time so at least she could kinda eat.

I donno, I had one at a time taken out because they grew in at different times and I only had three wisdom teeth. One never materialized.

Opinions?

Wait, opinions? From us? Doesn't the relevant medical team get a say?
Shocking

All four of mine were slightly crowded and had to be removed; knockouts were standard procedure but apparently mine were a super easy job in any case. I still have them in a nice jar of preservative. If they all need to go eventually I don't see any reason not to do it all at once. Easier for everybody else that way, too.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
29-10-2015, 07:09 PM
They took mine out in one appt. There was a lot of pain after but I was happy to get it all done. I just lived off smoothies and ice cream for awhile--it wasn't the worst thing Big Grin
29-10-2015, 07:11 PM
(29-10-2015 07:06 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 06:59 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  My daughter needs to have her wisdom teeth removed. So what's the concensus. Should she have all four removed, or two at a time, doing one side of the face then later the other side. She wants to be totally knocked out, not just numbed up.

Opinions?

Wait, opinions? From us? Doesn't the relevant medical team get a say?
Shocking

All four of mine were slightly crowded and had to be removed; knockouts were standard procedure but apparently mine were a super easy job in any case. I still have them in a nice jar of preservative. If they all need to go eventually I don't see any reason not to do it all at once. Easier for everybody else that way, too.

My daughter wants to know if she can eat anything afterwards if she has all four removed at one time. I had one pulled at a time so I could sort of chew on the other side so I don't know what to tell her.

29-10-2015, 07:12 PM
Dentist usually don't perform total anesthesia for such an operation from what I heard. I would recommand you daughter to have them removed one side at a time. It's quicker and much more manageable. Personnaly, I did them all at once and it wasn't my greatest idea. I spend an entire week eating slush. The fact that, due to a mutation, I had 6 wisdom teeth didn't help. I like to mention it to people who think that mutation are rare and always harmful.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
29-10-2015, 07:14 PM
(29-10-2015 07:09 PM)jennybee Wrote:  They took mine out in one appt. There was a lot of pain after but I was happy to get it all done. I just lived off smoothies and ice cream for awhile--it wasn't the worst thing Big Grin

Ahh, you answered my question. Also, how long did it take to recover? When could you return to work or school? She wants to be able to go back to school in 4 days. Is that realistic?

29-10-2015, 07:18 PM

Opinions?

I did all four at once when I was about 22. It was a rough three days but after that all was fine.

I would rather do it once and be done with it.

She won't starve in three days. And if you are going to be knocked out (as I was) once is better than twice.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
29-10-2015, 07:19 PM
(29-10-2015 07:11 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 07:06 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Wait, opinions? From us? Doesn't the relevant medical team get a say?
Shocking

My daughter wants to know if she can eat anything afterwards if she has all four removed at one time. I had one pulled at a time so I could sort of chew on the other side so I don't know what to tell her.

Things like Boost are great for post any kind of surgery.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
29-10-2015, 07:19 PM
(29-10-2015 07:14 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 07:09 PM)jennybee Wrote:  They took mine out in one appt. There was a lot of pain after but I was happy to get it all done. I just lived off smoothies and ice cream for awhile--it wasn't the worst thing Big Grin

Ahh, you answered my question. Also, how long did it take to recover? When could you return to work or school? She wants to be able to go back to school in 4 days. Is that realistic?

It took about 4 days, but I still had some bruising even after the pain pretty much went away. I do think everyone heals at a different rate--but that was my experience.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post