Wisdom teeth extraction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2015, 07:21 PM
RE: Wisdom teeth extraction
I know what she shouldn't do. Join the Navy and have some Navy boot camp dental student who didn't even know how to properly administer local anaesthesia dig them out before they were even coming in while looking at a book for reference. 4 Tylenol 3's for recovery. Yeah, don't do that.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-10-2015, 07:21 PM
Even 1 is very painful. 4 sounds like a nightmare!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
29-10-2015, 07:22 PM
(29-10-2015 07:11 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 07:06 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Wait, opinions? From us? Doesn't the relevant medical team get a say?
Shocking

All four of mine were slightly crowded and had to be removed; knockouts were standard procedure but apparently mine were a super easy job in any case. I still have them in a nice jar of preservative. If they all need to go eventually I don't see any reason not to do it all at once. Easier for everybody else that way, too.

My daughter wants to know if she can eat anything afterwards if she has all four removed at one time. I had one pulled at a time so I could sort of chew on the other side so I don't know what to tell her.

It guess it would depend on the severity of the surgery; like I said, mine was pretty clean. If there's any rooting around involved or if the nerves of her remaining teeth are contacted it'll be worse.

My molars and gums were too sensitive to chew for the two days after, but there's a lot you can eat without any serious chewing. If the whole jaw's out of commission for a little while that's another matter entirely...

... this is my signature!
29-10-2015, 07:24 PM
(29-10-2015 07:19 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 07:14 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Ahh, you answered my question. Also, how long did it take to recover? When could you return to work or school? She wants to be able to go back to school in 4 days. Is that realistic?

It took about 4 days, but I still had some bruising even after the pain pretty much went away. I do think everyone heals at a different rate--but that was my experience.

I had mine done on a Wednesday evening; I was pretty much fine by Friday and clearly could have worked but at that point who wouldn't use the excuse for an extra-long weekend?

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
29-10-2015, 07:35 PM
I had one out, I refuse to touch the other three.

Just no.

Not a day goes by that I don't regret just doing them all when I was 18.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

29-10-2015, 07:40 PM
(29-10-2015 07:35 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I had one out, I refuse to touch the other three.

Just no.

Not a day goes by that I don't regret just doing them all when I was 18.

Exactly why did all four at once.

They wanted to take two and said the other two would need to come out before long...I told them that if they were going to knock me out to get two they better get all four cause I knew I would never go back.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
29-10-2015, 07:40 PM
(29-10-2015 07:12 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Dentist usually don't perform total anesthesia for such an operation from what I heard. I would recommand you daughter to have them removed one side at a time. It's quicker and much more manageable. Personnaly, I did them all at once and it wasn't my greatest idea. I spend an entire week eating slush. The fact that, due to a mutation, I had 6 wisdom teeth didn't help. I like to mention it to people who think that mutation are rare and always harmful.

[quote[ I had 6 wisdom teeth [/quote]

SIX wisdom teeth? Damn. I'm more evolved than you are....I only had three. Nah-nah-na-na-nah.Tongue Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
29-10-2015, 08:03 PM
I had all 4 at once, I remember carrying around some Tylenol + Codeine and was a bit slow for a weekish but that was all.

I had to push back an Astronomy class presentation a day because the pain was getting to me by the time the class started, which bothered my overeager partner, but it wasn't any issue after that.

I had several pills left over I never took that none of my friends ever wanted from me.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
29-10-2015, 08:23 PM
Thread needed a poll.
All 4 no question.
Who would want to go back for the other two, really? That would have sucked.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
29-10-2015, 08:27 PM
(29-10-2015 07:40 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 07:12 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Dentist usually don't perform total anesthesia for such an operation from what I heard. I would recommand you daughter to have them removed one side at a time. It's quicker and much more manageable. Personnaly, I did them all at once and it wasn't my greatest idea. I spend an entire week eating slush. The fact that, due to a mutation, I had 6 wisdom teeth didn't help. I like to mention it to people who think that mutation are rare and always harmful.

[quote[ I had 6 wisdom teeth

SIX wisdom teeth? Damn. I'm more evolved than you are....I only had three. Nah-nah-na-na-nah.Tongue Big Grin
[/quote]

When my dentist told me I made some research on it and apparently 6 wisdom teeth would have been a Neandertal trait. Remember, evolutionism is a filthy lie invented by communist baby eater who want to destroy America.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.