Wisdom teeth extraction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2015, 08:34 PM
RE: Wisdom teeth extraction
I opted for all four impacted (not coming through, pushed my upper teeth crooked, which I never had fixed) wisdom teeth removed at the same time, since I didn't want to go through it twice. They had to grind each tooth in half, crack them and extract the halves, as the roots had wrapped around my jaw bones. I didn't eat for three days, just had V8 and milk, and 2 Empirin #4s (aspirin with codeine) every so many hours. On day three, I had teriyaki beef in the chow hall (I was in the US Navy at the time), and slowly chewed the beef with only my front teeth. I was so fucking hungry, you wouldn't believe it.

Dentistry these days seems to be far better. I had some old fillings (3) removed a couple of years ago, that I had put in during boot camp, in 1973. The dentist was amazed that those fillings had lasted that long. Cut them out, replaced and out the door, no pain meds needed!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2015, 08:36 PM
I'd definitely recommend removing them all at once, before any become impacted. I had two removed on one side of my mouth, as they were the only ones coming in. The other two eventually came in, and I thought they were growing in without issue. My top one did, but my bottom one came in sideways, and was impacting my molar. It caused an infection in my gum line, resulting in a puss pocket on the inner gum, and needless to say, 'twas fuggin' gross, and horribly painful. Just get them out at once, if she's able, and stock up on Campbell's to-go's.
[+] 1 user Likes EppurSiMuove's post
29-10-2015, 08:42 PM
When I got done I had 6 pieces, the lowers were completely impacted sideways and were chiseled in two.
29-10-2015, 08:53 PM
(29-10-2015 07:40 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 07:12 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Dentist usually don't perform total anesthesia for such an operation from what I heard. I would recommand you daughter to have them removed one side at a time. It's quicker and much more manageable. Personnaly, I did them all at once and it wasn't my greatest idea. I spend an entire week eating slush. The fact that, due to a mutation, I had 6 wisdom teeth didn't help. I like to mention it to people who think that mutation are rare and always harmful.

[quote[ I had 6 wisdom teeth

SIX wisdom teeth? Damn. I'm more evolved than you are....I only had three. Nah-nah-na-na-nah.Tongue Big Grin
[/quote]

My husband and older son both only had two. Drinking Beverage

I hate them.

I think my younger son hasn't any. I hate him a little more.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-10-2015, 08:54 PM
I can see why they said mine was an easy one! No chiselling, no impaction, no infection, just some extremely marginal partial eruption...

You poor people.

... this is my signature!
29-10-2015, 09:03 PM
Mine were all impacted and growing forward pushing all my other teeth so that my teeth always ached.

A few days of feeling yucky was definitely worth it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
30-10-2015, 03:12 AM
I wouldn`t recommend full anesthesia, and you don`t need one if the dentist knows what he is doing. I had one of mine pulled by a total pro. Just said "extractions" on his door, after local anesthesia kicked in he was just "ok, let`s see" , then it felt like he`s just checking it out , I never even saw pliers in his hand before he showed me the tooth and I was like Shocking

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
30-10-2015, 03:19 AM
I had 26 teeth extracted yesterday. I'm going to work tomorrow.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
30-10-2015, 07:09 AM
Do them all at once. Tis painful.
30-10-2015, 07:14 AM
(29-10-2015 06:59 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  My daughter needs to have her wisdom teeth removed. So what's the concensus. Should she have all four removed, or two at a time, doing one side of the face then later the other side. She wants to be totally knocked out, not just numbed up.

I'm thinking she could have one side done at a time so at least she could kinda eat.

I donno, I had one at a time taken out because they grew in at different times and I only had three wisdom teeth. One never materialized.

Opinions?

From my experience: take them all at once and put her under. Get it over with. I had all 4 taken at the same time and that was lousy. I had a friend who was unfortunate enough to have 3 removed at different times (they all came in properly and he got cavities at different times and the insurance refused to allow all to be extracted at once and therefore would not allow general anesthesia). He said it was awful, especially since he knew that the other ones would need to be taken out in the future.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac