Wish I was out, face palm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2015, 03:40 AM
Wish I was out, face palm
One of my friends posted this pile. Sometimes I wish I didn't own a business that relied on so many nutters.

http://gracevine.christiantoday.com/vide...inds-fruit didn't
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2015, 04:38 AM
RE: Wish I was out, face palm
(11-07-2015 03:40 AM)T.H. Wrote:  One of my friends posted this pile. Sometimes I wish I didn't own a business that relied on so many nutters.

http://gracevine.christiantoday.com/vide...inds-fruit didn't
your link did not work for me
so is this it ?
http://gracevine.christiantoday.com/vide...e-you-4611
11-07-2015, 08:13 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2015 08:36 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
Ugh. That's all I can say about that.

My whole family are "miracles everywhere!" Catholics... that link is basically my entire Facebook feed. Haven't seen that particular one, yet. Or maybe I should go check the feed again; I'm sure it'll be there soon.

(Edit to Add) - My whole Cajun family. My mother converted to extreme, fundamentalist "evangelical Christianity" (Southern Baptist) when she married my father, and went pretty hardcore with it. Though ironically, she became so anti-Catholic that even she scoffs at their "miracles everywhere!!" claptrap, even though she believes in "Name of Jesus" Magic-Spell-Power as much as any televangelist. *sigh*

So, when I said "whole family", I meant 90% of those on my Facebook feed.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
13-09-2016, 04:41 AM
Sorry for your family situation. My family is mostly nutburger rare, and some well done. It's been a while since I've been on here but the spewage of sewage has not been reduced.

My FB today shows how proud my nephew is of his 10 year old son getting baptized. Some how, at 10, he has decided, after years of reading, researching, and deep reflection, that the religion his father, grandmother, and great grandmother, etc... is the correct one. Hurray for coincidence.

Same nephew who at one time made some mention of evolution not being true, and he knows, because as an engineer, he took a biology course in college. Comical that my daughter took biology at the same college and she had commented on how much evolution was integrated into the understanding of the processes. A sad statement on how indoctrination can cause education blindness.
[+] 2 users Like T.H.'s post
13-09-2016, 07:09 AM
Well, the title was sort of right. It does amaze me of the stupid shit people believe.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
13-09-2016, 07:11 AM
Fuck I despise click bait. "You'll be amazed" ... "You'll first laugh then cry" "Your heart will melt" ... Fuck off. It won't.

I make sure not to click on anything with any such phrases in them.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
13-09-2016, 07:51 AM
Still waiting for the first amputee to have a limb miraculously restored by the power of prayer to [INSERT APPROPRIATE DEITY/SAINT HERE].

Strange that these religious channels don't have one of those as a "You'll be amazed........." video.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 2 users Like Silly Deity's post
13-09-2016, 08:45 AM
Youtube thumbnails with red arrows in them are bullshit too.
14-09-2016, 07:20 AM
The biggest miracle of all ---

The ability of people who believe in miracles - who actually think that some nefarious guy in the sky causes things to happen --- still have enough brain activity to perform the act of breathing........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.