Wishes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2014, 12:28 AM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2014 04:11 AM by bemore.)
Wishes
On many smokey, drink filled occasions, me and friends have been talking rubbish about random subjects and one that occasionally crops up is if you had three wishes, what would you choose?

I was thinking about wishes today and how they are centered around the choosing individual and wondered what my wishes could be if I had to choose for others and not myself.

TBH I struggled at first. Not only is it something that I havent generally considered before but when I did think of things, three wishes was not enough to solve all the things I would want to wish for.

So... if you had three wishes, yet each one cannot be selfish or orientated in favour of yourself in any way, that can be only positive... what would they be?

EDIT: They can be general wishes that affect everybody or they can be for specific person/group (or a mixture of both)

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
12-08-2014, 12:34 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2014 01:17 AM by CleverUsername.)
RE: Wishes
Would it be selfish or orientated in favor of myself to wish for magical powers so I could solve more than three problems?

In the case it does;

Wish 1: I wish every populated area in the world had at least one indestructible machine that had the ability to dispense infinite amounts of food, water, cloth, and wood when asked to.

Wish 2: I wish for true world peace until the sun explodes.

Wish 3: I wish all people lived healthily to be at least seventy years old.

(I really want to make that 300 years or something, but population levels would probably go nuts. Dodgy )

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
12-08-2014, 12:41 AM
To be a capoeira master, to have knowleadge of science, to have power to crush those who oppose me.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
12-08-2014, 01:07 AM
(12-08-2014 12:41 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  To be a capoeira master, to have knowleadge of science, to have power to crush those who oppose me.

Methinks you should be granted the wish for the ability to read OPs properly

Drinking Beverage

[+] 10 users Like DLJ's post
12-08-2014, 04:34 AM
It's hard to come up with something more creative than beauty pageant answers. World peace, solve world hunger, good education for everyone, etc.

It might be interesting to focus in on specific countries, families, or even individuals. Like if I had to wish for three things for my mom, I'd want her to be able to go back to school for whatever she wants to study, to have like 4 nice vacations a year, and to sleep peacefully every night. I think she'd like those wishes. Maybe I'll ask her what she thinks now Big Grin

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 2 users Like Colourcraze's post
12-08-2014, 05:52 AM
1. Global healthcare- everyone needs equal access to the things in life that bring good health - clean air, water, soil, nutrition, medicine, therapy, hospital, etc.

2. Corporate morals and ethics- just do the right thing. No Frackers poisoning the groundwater in PA, no Duke Energy trying to weasel out of cleaning up their coal ash on the riverbank, no foreign sweatshops, just do the right thing.

3. Quality public education - take the places that get it right, and do whatever it takes to implement it everywhere.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
12-08-2014, 06:44 AM

1. The end of superstition, including religion.
  2. The invention of fusion power (or some other clean, limitless power)
  3. I'll hold #3 in reserve to address any unintended consequences of #1 and #2.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 11 users Like Chas's post
12-08-2014, 12:02 PM
Well, the first things that came to mind were for me so now I feel like an incredibly selfish person Dodgy It's hard to think of something good but me thinks I got something.

1) For people in the world to be kinder and more accepting of everyone (which to make happen will probably result in the end of religion/superstition)
2)Advanced healthcare and wellbeing for both the earth and for people, meaning for example, being able to find the cure for cancer as well as being able to control/eliminate pollution.. Is that cheating? Because technically you need a healthy earth for healthy people. No? Well then.
3) A permanent spot for Pretzel Buns on the Wendy's menu for all to enjoy the glory of pretzel sandwich goodness year round! Wait that's stupid NO NO NO alright....a good supply of food and water for everyone. Though if it could somehow result in year round pretzel buns, that'd be fantastic.

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
12-08-2014, 03:14 PM
wish 1: to have no more survival needs
wish 2; to be a space elemental like in my books
wish 3: to be able to turn int and back from being any kind of woman possible.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
13-08-2014, 01:57 PM
I would wish for everyone to learn to draw or paint or learn to play an instrument; learn the basics of something - a craft or art in order to get the creative brain sparking.

I would wish for all of humanity to realize that humans are the last of our species and (even if we don't accomplish it) we might want to work on building large fleets of space vessels to transplant populations ... or at least explore space in them. I hate using the word colonization but I guess that's what it would be - an attempt at colonizing a place besides earth.

I would wish for money to become obsolete and individual purposefulness to become far more lucrative than material possessions and monetary gain. For all of humanity to awake each day with this notion, eventually the world economy could fade into a wealth of purposeful people, living for the betterment of each other and the world as a whole.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein