Witchcraft is now a job!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Witchcraft is now a job!
Quote:Romania has changed its labor laws to officially recognize witchcraft as a profession, prompting one self-described witch to threaten retaliation.

The move, which went into effect Saturday, is part of the government's drive to crack down on widespread tax evasion in a country that is in recession.

In addition to witches, astrologists, embalmers, valets and driving instructors are now considered by labor law to be working real jobs, making it harder for them to avoid income tax.
http://www.komonews.com/news/offbeat/112...ypleasures

I guess using witchcraft too cleanse your soul is not tax free anymore.

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2011, 12:35 PM
RE: Witchcraft is now a job!
According to the online paper that I read, 'witchcraft' was legalized in Romania, but it is not taxed. The newpaper also said that ''according to unofficial sources, the politicians were threatened with curses if they'd make the decision to tax them'', but the story cites no sources, so that could be a load of bull exrement too.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
03-01-2011, 03:37 PM

It is a sad day for the human race if those politicians took the threat of curses seriously.
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2011, 04:49 PM
But a great day for Romanian tax-evading witches.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
04-01-2011, 01:47 AM
Doctor, Doctor Give me the new
I've got a bad case of learnin' from you

Haha, sorry, couldn't resist. Everytime I see your name, that song (Yes I did change the last three words) comes to my head, that or Doctor by Cute is what we aim for.

I actually don't see a problem with it, their goverment finally has the balls to tax religious occupations, hopefully the US will follow that on religious institutions and occupations and we could pull the economy from the brink of destruction, and possibly close down some churches (we don't need 2 churches a street -.-).
04-01-2011, 06:02 AM
To be honest they will tax witches.Some have declared to pay taxes out of good will but in truth the tax evasion was huge.
The official reason they cited was following european laws.
My worst fear is the overall lack of education - as an example a candidate of the PSD party said he failed his election speech because the opposition used a parapsychologist with a technique called the "purple flame" - people bought it.

I have got to leave my country.